onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Yates given free transfer? No, contract extended to end of season 2018...

valeparklife

Advert

This is a guy who played for nowt and accepted a wage reduction when others left and were accused of having no loyalty.

Im not suggesting he be given a job for life, although that would be nice, something to tide him over until a testimonial perhaps, something to make him to feel appreciated and valued, create a bit of good will for him, the other players, the fans and the club, so he can leave as a friend with a bit of pride and self respect not as a reject or a cast off from the family club he has shown loyalty to.

From a business point of view its equivalent to a PR gold nugget but as usual vale seem to handle it like a wet turd

That may seem witty and sarcastic, but nobody thinks those things.

Perhaps they just appreciate, in these days of selfish, greedy and disloyal grabbing players, a local lad who has an affinity with his team and has stayed with them through good and bad, playing for free and turning down better wages elsewhere.

We could have done with a dozen or more Adam Yates's in the last few seasons.

This might be a huge surprise to u, but yes , plenty of people do think those things

Club have agreed a new contract with Adam Yates until the end of the season.

Please change thread title.

Great news. Adam is and always has been a terrific, dedicated professional for Vale. An unassuming, loyal lad. May not have been blessed as one of our greatest players but always gave everything in a Vale shirt. I appreciate his efforts and time for us.

Sent from my [device_name] using the http://onevalefan mobile app

I hope Hagrid has an apology lined up

Sent from my iPhone using onevalefan

You think its coincidental this occurs after massive fan pressure and national press criticism?

The club won't admit this, but lets not mess about and think the club were always going to extend Yates' contract.

Great that its happened, what I was calling for all along but lets not kid ourselves that this was a master plan of the club. Yates' contract was up in 9 days. Its good to see fans concerns listened to, which rarely happened.

The only people who should have an apology lined up are the people who read the article, believed it, and thought it was a good move, as Yates 'doesn't contribute anymore' and 'we need a new RB'.

Up the Hagrid.

“I am grateful to the manager, to Colin [Garlick] and to the owner to have shown faith in me, especially after what has been reported in the last few days."

Interesting. Why would untrue press reports affect Garlick, Smurf, and Aspo's faith in him, if they were so obviously rubbish as everyone tells me?

I respect your opinion, but we are talking about someone who is already employed by the professional team and was injured during the course of his employment - he didn't fall off a ladder at home.

It might be different if your employer had many years service from you, then whilst performing your work duties you were injured with not just a broken bone or a few bruises, but what our manager described as 'the worst football injury he has ever seen'.

If say, a policeman or security guard received similar injuries towards the end of their time doing their job, you'd expect them to be looked after - I don't think this is so different. Even more so if the injuries were accidentally caused by one of their colleagues.

I fail to understand why some people are so worrid about a relatively tiny amount of money as if it were their own last few quid and they were going to starve at Christmas.

It isn't - it is a tiny drop in the ocean for a multi-millionaire owner who should feel morally obliged to support one of his most loyal employees,

This is an ideal opportunity for showing generous and creditable character traits and build some goodwill by someone who has consistently failed to do that for a very long time.

Spot on, to put it simply, it was a work place accident, suffered by a employee, at his place of employment, doing his job, under supervision,

But for the club to do that little bit extra ie extend his contract till the end of the season and a deserved testimonial, beside helping a loyal player it would go far to help build our reputation of how we treat and look after our PVFC players...

Why deal with the situation by offering him a new contract. Surely, from the Club's perspective, the most sensible option would have been to simply pay him a sum equivalent to 6 months wages. By going about it the way that they have, the period for which the Club will potentially be liable for his medical expenses (i.e. should he get seriously injured again) will now last for 18 months from the end of his new contract, plus he will remain protected by the ins and outs of the contract details until the end of June. Also, doesn't keeping him technically on the payroll affect the FFP position of the Club? Wrong decision IMHO, and certainly the wrong way to go about it.

Why deal with the situation by offering him a new contract. Surely, from the Club's perspective, the most sensible option would have been to simply pay him a sum equivalent to 6 months wages. By going about it the way that they have, the period for which the Club will potentially be liable for his medical expenses (i.e. should he get seriously injured again) will now last for 18 months from the end of his new contract, plus he will remain protected by the ins and outs of the contract details until the end of June. Also, doesn't keeping him technically on the payroll affect the FFP position of the Club? Wrong decision IMHO, and certainly the wrong way to go about it.

Jesus Christ

What's the issue?

Why are you unhappy that we have to cover Yates' medical bills for a bit longer, and he has a tiny affect on FFP? Whats wrong with him being protected by the ins and outs of the contract details?

Why would Yates want a lump sum as opposed to a steady wage?

Surely these are all good things?

Archived