robf

RIP Johnny Aitch

Hello all

Not posted on here for years but was led here from a Twitter post about Barry's poem. When I first came to OVF in (I think) the late 90s it was already home to a small community of Vale nuts and Aitch was already a regular. I had some right ding dongs with him (I'm laughing while remembering an absolutely ludicrous "debate" we had about encouraging more ethnic minority participation in sport - FFS!) and met him a few times at games in the south. What a character both in real life but especially on here! He appeared to have crammed a lot into his life but I'm shocked to hear he's gone at such a young age. Really sorry to hear of his passing and best wishes to his loved ones.

I’m not on here as often as in past years. I am so sad to read that he passed and send my since condolences to his wife, family and friends.

Johnny Aitch was one of my favourite OVFers, especially in our Off Topic debates. He would always ask questions and respect a different point of view. As I see others have observed, there was a sense of kindness and respect that showed through his words. Rarely do I recall anger or bitterness.

I hope John is in Heaven. He knew the way there but I wonder now, I never asked him this, if he accepted the gift of a free pass. If so, “I’ll sey thee later, owd fella”.

I have been visiting and occasionally posting on this site for many years now and probably my proudest moment was when someone thought I must be Johnny Aitch

Can't say better than that

Always seemed a well informed gentleman who took the trouble to try and explain his viewpoint [even if you didn't agree with it]rather than just spout off

He acknowledged other people's viewpoint too, even when he disagreed with them

The world needs more gentlemen

Points-with-Bone

Very sad news,always thought his posts to be very informative and impartial,never one to take sides but always trying to put his point across without the need of confrontation,my condolences to his family,sadly missed indeed from the family of ovf as well.

Bloody hell only just noticed this, haven’t been on here for ages

until recently. We used to have some great debates on the non-football discussion board. We very rarely agreed and he was like a dog with a bone but always an articulate poster who very rarely resorted to cheap digs and was never personal. A belated RIP and to his family really sorry for your loss