onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

RIP Johnny Aitch

robf

Advert

RIP JohnnyAitch. We had many online discussions, both Vale and Off Topic, especially in the quieter early days of OVF (Rivals and pre-Rivals).

Although I've not posted on here for years, I still read and was always amused that Johnny never changed his argumentative, multi-quote style.

A sad loss.

Bloody hell im stunned. Never had the pleasure of meeting him but I always enjoyed reading his posts whether or not I agreed with them. No-one else could multi quote like he could!

My thoughts are with his family and friends at this sad time. 52 really is no age. RIP Johnny.

As many have said, I didn’t always agree with him but he was so considered in his approach it was hard not to respect his process. Basically, I loved a tussle with the Daily Mail reading, multi quoting, argumentative blighter!

OVF will be worse off without him. Sincere condolences to his family and friends.

RIP JA

As a relative newcomer to this hallowed organ, JA was one of the first posters I “tussled” with! At first, he seemed like the sort of bloke who could argue in an empty room ! But as I got to understand his style, it was obvious that he saw more than one side to a topic, which lead to interesting debate. Which of course was his aim ! Second time I’ve posted on this today, because as has been said by many, I am truly shocked. He’ll no doubt be debating religion with the Big Man and asking “is it all that ?” as we speak !

I clashed with him on more than one occasion over the years here, but there's some members that this site just wouldn't be the same without, and I very juch classed him as one of them along with the likes of Smallthorne Dog, Mellor and Jimmy along with a few others who also don't post here any more for whatever reason.

Very sad news, and may he rest in piece!

I'm sure it will surprise some people to see me posting on this thread, but I do so genuinely with respect to send condolences to the friends and family of this fellow Vale fan.

There were many posts where we disagreed, to put it mildly, and some of them got quite nasty, but words are cheap and internet words - particularly on politics and suchlike - are the cheapest of all.

What I did notice that was far more important than the fact that he liked the Daily Mail, was that he was an very kind man, particularly where animals were concerned, something that is dear to my own feelings.

I was very impressed that he had supported a local animal sanctuary, and also taken in older stray refuge cats to care fot them, although I never said so on here. He also seemed to care a lot about family and friends, who I am sure will miss him greatly.

These traits of extreme kindness and gentle hearted goodness are deeds that mean much more than any words posted on website threads, and I will remember him for those things. RIP.

His posts were always well thought out, I didn't always agree with his views but he was by far one of the more reasoned and decent posters on here!

Very sad news. RIP fellow Valiant.

I can only echo this post...but add way too young to go.Thoughts are with the family

Since I read the news I have been racking my memory for something I heard years ago. The only fragment I can remember is

Embrace the friends you do not know......

the rest escapes me

There are people we interact with we do not consider friends simply because we do not know them or have never met them yet we miss them as we do friends when they are gone

Archived