onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

FA Cup third round draw

robf

How to remember the spelling: Dash In A Rush Run Hard Or Else Accident. :smile:

Or possibly - Disaster In Action, really rancid hum overpowers - evacuation arranged !

Thank you Jean, I'm sure that will come in especially useful at some point, although hopefully not for myself.

It reminds me of the way we were taught at school to remember the rivers that flowed into the North Sea from the Norht East and Yorkshire - all you have to do is remember the word SUNWAC (what word, I hear them saying? There is no such word).

However, SUNWAC - Swale, Ure, Nidd, Wharf. Aire Calder I think.. will do your geography proud the day you get asked the name of those 6 rivers for £1million by Chris Tarrant.

Ah, i hear you say, but this if off topic - no, some of those rivers are not so far from Bradford City and we may get a replay there !

Advert

To be truthful Bea, even if it were seeded, we could draw the likes of Swansea, Bournemouth, Brighton.

Plenty of dross in the Premier as well. Were we to draw any of those we wouldn't even top 8000 and more than likely go out.

I like it as it is and if Man Utd draw City in the 3rd round so be it.

Enough manipulation of draws in the Champions League and World Cup without adding to it.

Had it been seeded then Spurs and Watford may never have happened as we wouldn't of played Macc in the 3rd round.

I aoplaud your opinion on manipulation, but given that long ago we had no play-offs (which are inherently unfair) and so much has changed, this change would definitely benefit small clubs.

Of the Prem teams, any of Liverpool, Man City, Man United, Arsenal, Stoke, Spurs, Everton, West Ham, WBA or Newcastle would be a great match to host, and there would be a 50/50 chance of one of that lot.

It doesn't really follow that we wouldn't have got Spurs or Watford in Rudge's time - we might just have got them in rounds 3 and 4 under this scheme.

And it is over 20 years since Everton - we have reached the 3rd round a fair few times since then but ended up with Plymouth, Huddersfield and so on, I'd say we would have got a number of plum ties if this had been in place.

All about opinion though, and no criticism of yours intended, but it is consistently disappointing to get a top club so rarely.

Drawn at home in a game we have a modest chance of winning. I know people wanted Man Utd away et al, but we would be striving to keep the defeat down to single figures and I wouldn't welcome that. When we have beaten top division teams in the past, the gap was plausible, but it isn't at present.

Be careful what you wish for!

Yeovil away is bad enough for us but that's our own fault, it's a right pain from Bradford.

Personally I'd be over the moon to play you in R3 whatever the outcome because at least we'd get the R2 prize money for the desperately needed January window. Also, can we have Alex Jones back please?

Drawn at home in a game we have a modest chance of winning. I know people wanted Man Utd away et al, but we would be striving to keep the defeat down to single figures and I wouldn't welcome that. When we have beaten top division teams in the past, the gap was plausible, but it isn't at present.

I don’t buy that, to be honest mate.

We’ve done fairly well in recent years, doing numbers on Wigan (when they were half decent), Arsenal, Aston Villa, Chelsea and Sunderland etc... Bit of desire, luck and a boisterous following and anything is possible in Cup competitions.

Might we have some new players in by then?

IF

and it's a big if (!), we can get a decent keeper and midfielder, get Whitfield fit and Bradford have an off day, round 4 isn't too impossible.

Unless the players we get in are cup tied

Its always nice to imagine

Port Vale V BIG NAME CLUB

It wouldnt be quite so pleasant if the following headline read

Port Vale 0 BIG NAMED CLUB 10

It would do bugger all for our confidence or self esteem. I suppose it would help swallow a bitter pill if we were confident the money, any money, would be given to aspin for the team... not so much if it was used to pay off loans or give someone the opportunity to browse the player section of the littlewoods catalogue.

I dont care who we draw in the next round, the interest for me is getting through this round.

Its always nice to imagine

Port Vale V BIG NAME CLUB

It wouldnt be quite so pleasant if the following headline read

Port Vale 0 BIG NAMED CLUB 10

It would do bugger all for our confidence or self esteem. I suppose it would help swallow a bitter pill if we were confident the money, any money, would be given to aspin for the team... not so much if it was used to pay off loans or give someone the opportunity to browse the player section of the littlewoods catalogue.

I dont care who we draw in the next round, the interest for me is getting through this round.

Exactly!The main interest this season for me is STAYING IN THE LEAGUE!!

Archived