onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Aspin has inherited some rubbish

old sage

Anyone ever looked at Wilson's record? He played bugger all for Bolton in over 2 seasons. I don't get where his great rep has come from

Sent from my Hudl 2 using the onevalefan mobile app

I know a Bolton season ticket holder and he said Wilson was very consistent and a solid player for them last season. Expected him to join a top league 1 side not league 2, said he should be excellent at this level.

He surely just mustn't be interested? When ive him he's been absalutey woeful, granted he was coming back from an injury but he clearly can't be impressing in training either. If possible I'd move him on in January; he's probably on a big wage so we should try to move him on.

Advert

I know a Bolton season ticket holder and he said Wilson was very consistent and a solid player for them last season. Expected him to join a top league 1 side not league 2, said he should be excellent at this level.

He surely just mustn't be interested? When ive him he's been absalutey woeful, granted he was coming back from an injury but he clearly can't be impressing in training either. If possible I'd move him on in January; he's probably on a big wage so we should try to move him on.

Not much chance of that. Unless he is desperate to play football and accepts a lower wage and, presumably level.

Then I choose to differ. The most important person is the owner.

Does he care

Does he want success above profit

Does he have ambition

Does he know how to run a football club

Is he a fan of the club through & through

Are honesty & integrity his prime values

Does he respect the paying public who will be there through thick and thin

I’ll leave you to judge

Is anyone really expecting decent funds in January ? History repeats itself, it will be pitiful.

Would be surprised if it's a lack of interest - has played regular football throughout his career. More likely either struggling to recover from injury, or he's recovered but his 'legs have gone'

From what I can see Smurf albeit misguidedly at times does spend money.... unfortunately so far has been entrusted in wrong hands.

I fear unless Rudge is actually the one in charge of recruitment January will be similar.

Team selection so far would suggest Aspin is a huge risk to be entrusted with recruiting the right personal to ensure the minimum requirement of survival..

You can only play with what you have got. It ain't Aspos fault we are where we are.

From what I can see Smurf albeit misguidedly at times does spend money.... unfortunately so far has been entrusted in wrong hands.

I fear unless Rudge is actually the one in charge of recruitment January will be similar.

Team selection so far would suggest Aspin is a huge risk to be entrusted with recruiting the right personal to ensure the minimum requirement of survival..

Let's be honest. The Table doesn't lie and we have been struggling badly for well over 12 months. We are in serious danger of getting relegated out of the football league so something has gone terribly wrong and that necessarily means that the bulk of the playing staff are not good enough.

We all have our favourites and players who we can't warm to, but the vast majority are simply not good enough and we need wholesale changes if we are ever to get into the top 2-3 in this division.

Personally, harsh as it may sound, I would not keep more than 6-7 out of 30-odd players on our books. Most are not good enough and I'm thankful for the January window because I would fear for our future if we had t go through to next May with this lot.

We are absolutely awful. Can't defend. Can't score goals. No midfield. Soft centred. Lacking pace and guile in the final third. I still feel that we lack a captain like Bikey. Too unbalanced a squad and too many who are either past their best or too inexperienced. We need major surgery in Janaury for me. Not 1-2 new players but preferably 5-6. Rant over.

Let's be honest. The Table doesn't lie and we have been struggling badly for well over 12 months. We are in serious danger of getting relegated out of the football league so something has gone terribly wrong and that necessarily means that the bulk of the playing staff are not good enough.

We all have our favourites and players who we can't warm to, but the vast majority are simply not good enough and we need wholesale changes if we are ever to get into the top 2-3 in this division.

Personally, harsh as it may sound, I would not keep more than 6-7 out of 30-odd players on our books. Most are not good enough and I'm thankful for the January window because I would fear for our future if we had t go through to next May with this lot.

We are absolutely awful. Can't defend. Can't score goals. No midfield. Soft centred. Lacking pace and guile in the final third. I still feel that we lack a captain like Bikey. Too unbalanced a squad and too many who are either past their best or too inexperienced. We need major surgery in Janaury for me. Not 1-2 new players but preferably 5-6. Rant over.

I agree with everything you say, my only concern is with the Transfer window,Smurthwaite has said he will fund any transfer deals that will ensure our safety,will he? wont he? I will admit I'm very worried,can Smurthwaite be trusted I have no idea.

the shrews have entrusted to a national league manager so why not

I completely echo the first part of your post but do feel between Aspin and Rudge we will get it right in January. Look what Aspin has transformed the rubbish he inherited from Brown into.

The final decision on player signings has to be the managers.

Sent from my iPhone using the onevalefan mobile app

Archived