onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

The Last Bank of Burslem

Portly Vale

Advert

Lloyds are in trouble. I live out of Stoke on Trent and my local Lloyds(300 yards from me)shut down earlier this year. So too did the other local, 5 miles away and then the Stafford branch also closed. This left the main Lloyds in Stafford town Centre, which is a pain to get to and constantly on a daily basis they cannot handle the level of business coming through their doors with customers from at least the 3 branches locally I refer to.

As a business customer too I find now having to wait long periods to be served in addition to the mileage and time involved having to visit Stafford Centre very inconvenient and does little to improve customer relationships.

I sympathise totally with Burslem now but it does seem that we are being railroaded into internet and phone banking, which is not suitable to some and especially elderly persons.

The charges the bank levy on us paying money in are a joke. I may have to resort to Billy Bell's tin under the bed!!!

Lloyds are in trouble. I live out of Stoke on Trent and my local Lloyds(300 yards from me)shut down earlier this year. So too did the other local, 5 miles away and then the Stafford branch also closed. This left the main Lloyds in Stafford town Centre, which is a pain to get to and constantly on a daily basis they cannot handle the level of business coming through their doors with customers from at least the 3 branches locally I refer to.

As a business customer too I find now having to wait long periods to be served in addition to the mileage and time involved having to visit Stafford Centre very inconvenient and does little to improve customer relationships.

I sympathise totally with Burslem now but it does seem that we are being railroaded into internet and phone banking, which is not suitable to some and especially elderly persons.

The charges the bank levy on us paying money in are a joke. I may have to resort to Billy Bell's tin under the bed!!!

It’s comforting to know that the billions of pounds of tax payers money used to bail Lloyd’s out a few years ago hasn’t gone to waste then. At one time you trusted the bank industry and then along came Nick Leeson. Ah well .....

Stupid to ever have trusted the banks. Ripped Jo public off for years and will continue to do so whenever possible. Shame they are closing down though.

The governance, regulation and stress testing of banks is now much improved. The closure of banks is inevitable. I banked a grand for my charity yesterday at the Cooperative Bank in Liverpool. They have moved from a typical large bank with lots of customer space to something that is a former shop. The customer space, in what is a big met city branch, is equivalent to the small branch in West Kirby on the Wirral which closed last year.

So no one is picking on Burslem, that is the way it is with electronic and internet banking in the increasingly cashless society.

On Wednesday I used my phone to pay for something using my fingerprint. That is where we are going or indeed where we already are.

The governance, regulation and stress testing of banks is now much improved. The closure of banks is inevitable. I banked a grand for my charity yesterday at the Cooperative Bank in Liverpool. They have moved from a typical large bank with lots of customer space to something that is a former shop. The customer space, in what is a big met city branch, is equivalent to the small branch in West Kirby on the Wirral which closed last year.

So no one is picking on Burslem, that is the way it is with electronic and internet banking in the increasingly cashless society.

On Wednesday I used my phone to pay for something using my fingerprint. That is where we are going or indeed where we already are.

A good point well raised.But over the years banks have been encouraging people do to online banking.A lot of people mainly the elderly will not have wanted to do so.

With this being the last bank in Burslem it would have had the majority go the custom from the various businesses in the town.Pub's,Shop's,Cafe's.These businesses will have wanted to use that only bank to take in their takings as they wouldn't want lots of cash left within the building.They would have also used the only bank in town to get cash / change for their till.Such places can often run short of certain types of coins / change for their till.That one and only bank in Burslem had all that custom from the various businesses as they will not want to travel to Hanley or Tunstall and take large amounts of cash with them.

It’s comforting to know that the billions of pounds of tax payers money used to bail Lloyd’s out a few years ago hasn’t gone to waste then. At one time you trusted the bank industry and then along came Nick Leeson. Ah well .....

I reckon it could be turned into a fast food curry house

We havnt got many of them in burslum Cobridge area

Archived