onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

The Stoke City Topic Thread: Relegation? Staying up? Manager? Empty seats

Pheonix Vale

I see them maintaining most of their fans, with them all spouting this "time to rebuild, some good stadiums in the Championship, I don't care the dream is dead" spiel.

It'll last till around November, when they stumble to a 2-1 home defeat by Barnsley on a Tuesday night, and go cap in hand to some Brexit manager like Mick McCarthy to get them mid-table.

I really hope the away end at the Madjeski was worth playing in the world's biggest league. They way they're going on about it, it seems Old Trafford away doesn't compare 'some new grounds to visit'.:laugh:

Actually can't express how buzzing I am that they've ballsed it.

A trip to Burton still a possibility.

Advert

If the three most expensive signings you've ever made are available but aren't even in the matchday squad for a must win game then it's pretty obvious why you're getting relegated. Lambert was on a hiding to nothing with Stoke, he had no ability to bring any new players in and what he had to work with was nowhere near good enough, not too dissimilar to Aspo given the lack of backing he had in January. I wouldn't let Mark Hughes buy me a box of matches, he'd probably come back with a box of soggy ones he'd paid a fiver for.

It wasn't like they couldn't see it coming, I said to my Lard loving mates at the end of last season if they kept Hughes they'd go down; it didn't take Gypsy Petrulengro on Blackpool front to predict that one!

All opinions I know but if they'd had kept Hughes I think he would have kept them up.

http://oatcakefanzine.proboards.com/thread/271205/vale-relegation-conference-watch

If anyone is signed up please bring this thread back to the front page!

Yeah you’re right SV ! I hate, no despise, those knuckle draggers down the road, even more than my mother in law. Hopefully they’re in free fall without a safety net.

I’ve had nearly 60 years of crap off those Neanderthals and I make no apology for glorifying in their demise.

Let’s hope it doesn’t stop here.

One of the callers on P&G mentioned Lambert's Premier League record and I couldn't believe it it was so bad. Just checked it and the caller was right - 5 wins in his last 25 at Villa and 1 win in 14 at Stoke. So that makes a total of 6 wins in his last 39 Prem games as a manager. He must be very proud.

http://oatcakefanzine.proboards.com/thread/271205/vale-relegation-conference-watch

If anyone is signed up please bring this thread back to the front page!

After reading the Lardies' cretinous posts on this thread, the season couldn't have ended better. We may have finished on a poor note but we've disappointed thousands of neck-enders and been able to celebrate their demise from the premier into the bargain. I've never really been bothered about them to be honest but their hateful bile would test the patience of a saint.

Doubt if they'll ever get back and, even better, they may do a Sunderland, especially with Lambert in charge. Jacko's post about his win ratio filled me with hope for next season. As the Vale fans were singing yesterday, He's one of our own, one of own, Paul Lambert, he's one of our own. Genius.

Sad to see Stoke relegated. The loss of Premier League status harms the City's world wide profile and therefore is economically harmful.

On the football front the club tried to respond to the fans wish to play more attractive and higher level football. But they lost the club's identity and way ending with a failing transfer strategy.

Sad to see Stoke relegated. The loss of Premier League status harms the City's world wide profile and therefore is economically harmful.

On the football front the club tried to respond to the fans wish to play more attractive and higher level football. But they lost the club's identity and way ending with a failing transfer strategy.

How does it affect the City's economical future ?Stoke have had 10 years in the Prem and I haven't noticed an upturn in Stoke on Trents fortune.

Oh no, all that money being filtered through stoke to Alderly edge, how will we manage without it.

Archived