onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

The Stoke City Topic Thread: Relegation? Staying up? Manager? Empty seats

Pheonix Vale

Advert

Just been reading the Bloatcake forum.

Everyone blaming Lambert and certainly he has thankfully played his part. But when will football club owners (the Blue One included) realise that football people understand the game a million miles better than you’re Tony Scholes and the like. Yet these sort of hangers on earn a fortune in wages for signing players when they know sweet fanny Adam about the game. ?

We need to get back to the old days when the MANAGER signs players, not hangers on who earn a fortune off the back of the football “brand”

If managers are to fail (Lambert or Aspin for that matter) at least let it be on their own decisions and not others who are claiming a kings ransom for something g they know little about.

The way the Prem is run, the Head coaches(managers) stay for shorter periods than the players contracts 4/5 years? Thus just there to pick/motivate the team, if it does not suit the players change the coach. Clubs employ scouts to seek out players to suit the club style of play, the player contracts are a business transaction where hopefully the chief scout/football director has a strong input.

If the three most expensive signings you've ever made are available but aren't even in the matchday squad for a must win game then it's pretty obvious why you're getting relegated. Lambert was on a hiding to nothing with Stoke, he had no ability to bring any new players in and what he had to work with was nowhere near good enough, not too dissimilar to Aspo given the lack of backing he had in January. I wouldn't let Mark Hughes buy me a box of matches, he'd probably come back with a box of soggy ones he'd paid a fiver for.

It wasn't like they couldn't see it coming, I said to my Lard loving mates at the end of last season if they kept Hughes they'd go down; it didn't take Gypsy Petrulengro on Blackpool front to predict that one!

Shame Southampton couldn't have held on for the three points, then Stoke and West Brom would have been relegated on the same day, if only Grandad was still alive to see that.

I want Southampton to stay up, what a double whammy, Sparky Hughes never been relegated,Lambert saying that if he had the team earlier they would have stayed up especially with the spirit and effort they have shown,won one game in 15 delusional or what.

Really enjoyed the reading that Oatcake thread. One of the most funny thing I’ve seen for a while. Let’s hope they ditch Coates now. The Championship isn’t an easy league to get out of upwards anyway. They’ll implode soon I hope

Are we going to have a "guess the crowd" for their first day back in the Championship? I wonder how many of their new-found fans over the last decade would want to sign up for a season of seeing the likes of Brentford and Ipswich on a cold rainy night on Stoke...

They want £80m for Butland, Shaq and Allen :laugh:

This summer is going to be brilliant.

Even Diouf isn't waiting for the dust to settle.

Shaquiri has a relegation release clause of £12m. Good negotiating that!

Some of them think they will get £50m for Butland. My money is on about £15m and Allen will go for less than that.

I see them maintaining most of their fans, with them all spouting this "time to rebuild, some good stadiums in the Championship, I don't care the dream is dead" spiel.

It'll last till around November, when they stumble to a 2-1 home defeat by Barnsley on a Tuesday night, and go cap in hand to some Brexit manager like Mick McCarthy to get them mid-table.

I really hope the away end at the Madjeski is better than playing in the world's biggest league. They way they're going on about it, it seems Old Trafford away doesn't compare 'some new grounds to visit'.:laugh:

Actually can't express how buzzing I am that they've ballsed it.

I see them maintaining most of their fans, with them all spouting this "time to rebuild, some good stadiums in the Championship, I don't care the dream is dead" spiel.

It'll last till around November, when they stumble to a 2-1 home defeat by Barnsley on a Tuesday night, and go cap in hand to some Brexit manager like Mick McCarthy to get them mid-table.

I really hope the away end at the Madjeski was worth playing in the world's biggest league. They way they're going on about it, it seems Old Trafford away doesn't compare 'some new grounds to visit'.:laugh:

Actually can't express how buzzing I am that they've ballsed it.

Neither can this guy

ramsey.jpg

Archived