onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

The Stoke City Topic Thread: Relegation? Staying up? Manager? Empty seats

Pheonix Vale

They'll say we're in League 2, and we're in no position to gloat.

Do I care?

They can pontificate all they want, they're gutted their 9 year stay is coming to an end, with their club in shambles, players falling out, woeful manager, and no real future prospects. 9 years with basically nothing to show for it, back to the Championship and the Football League Show on Channel 5, despite chucking millions of Bet365s pennies at them. They'll lose Butland, Allen, and Shaqiri, and they haven't got much else I'd want in League 2, let alone in the Championship. Lovely.

If we beat Crewe tomorrow, its one of the finest footballing weekends in recent memory.

We're having a far more enjoyable weekend than them. Absolute crease.

Hey Hagrid, maybe I’m wrong, but I get the impression you’re not too keen on our City rivals !

Advert

One team fighting for there lives(apparently)and still lose 3-0 against a side with nothing to play for and the lardies are still happy with that.

But some Stoke toolette has to bring the Vale up.She has just said those immortal words “We are where we are”,:laugh:

All this whingeing about a dodgy penalty. What about that hugely soft one they got against Brighton at home - oh yeh, they missed! And what about the blatant one Brighton should have had at the Withdean that wasn't given. Blatant pen for Newcastle not given after a foul on Atsu. And that's just off the top of me head. These things even themselves out you know!!

I'd still take their position, they drop and get loads of dosh, we drop and we are screwed. That said it's party time if they go. The real pessimistic bit of me comes out when I think about Stoke. I'm watching Chelsea hoping they win meaning that Spurs won't relax next week!

I'd still take their position, they drop and get loads of dosh, we drop and we are screwed. That said it's party time if they go. The real pessimistic bit of me comes out when I think about Stoke. I'm watching Chelsea hoping they win meaning that Spurs won't relax next week!

Watching that game,unlikely Stoke will come out of their own half next week,Cav.

All this whingeing about a dodgy penalty. What about that hugely soft one they got against Brighton at home - oh yeh, they missed! And what about the blatant one Brighton should have had at the Withdean that wasn't given. Blatant pen for Newcastle not given after a foul on Atsu. And that's just off the top of me head. These things even themselves out you know!!

Leicester as well, Charlie Adam came on, was lucky not to get sent off and give a penalty away in 10 minutes.

Have a look on the oatcake if you want a decent laugh. There's plenty that genuinely think that there is a conspiracy to relegate them because the premier league don't want another leicester type team winning the league :laugh:

Hey Hagrid, maybe I’m wrong, but I get the impression you’re not too keen on our City rivals !

Got less issue with the longstanding fans who've been there for a while, and more issues with the 13,000 who came out of the woodwork in 2008 and have only known away days at Old Trafford and Anfield, free away travel, and million pound internationals.

Also didn't like the 'we break legs, we're hard' attitude of the Pulis team, the anti-football they weirdly got turned on by playing, the 'the whole league is out to get us mentality', the booing of Ramsey, the comments by their fans that we're 'never satisfied' (despite them themselves violently storming the boardroom of their current chairman in his first spell), their ground personifying 'soulless, plastic, industrial estate new build', the fact they're funded by a betting company, and maybe the inherent jealousy and bitterness thats consumed me for the past decade as my mates saunter off to Wembley and we have to protest to keep our club in existence. Can't wait to see the 'Prem generation' of fans' face when they realise they're finishing 14th in the Championship and losing away at Barnsley, as Shaqiri bags a hattrick for Arsenal and Butland starts for England.

Its been a rough decade.

They do have a reasonably favourable run in but they need to win at least 3 and even then that might not be enough.

I really hope they get relegated and then I really hope they struggle in the Championship. Back to getting 10k Home fans.

They really do have the look of a side that are due a spell down in League One. Would absolutely love it if they struggled in the Championship next season and we were fighting at the top of League Two.

Got less issue with the longstanding fans who've been there for a while, and more issues with the 13,000 who came out of the woodwork in 2008 and have only known away days at Old Trafford and Anfield, free away travel, and million pound internationals.

Also didn't like the 'we break legs, we're hard' attitude of the Pulis team, the anti-football they weirdly got turned on by playing, the 'the whole league is out to get us mentality', the booing of Ramsey, the comments by their fans that we're 'never satisfied' (despite them themselves violently storming the boardroom of their current chairman in his first spell), their ground personifying 'soulless, plastic, industrial estate new build', the fact they're funded by a betting company, and maybe the inherent jealousy and bitterness thats consumed me for the past decade as my mates saunter off to Wembley and we have to protest to keep our club in existence. Can't wait to see the 'Prem generation' of fans' face when they realise they're finishing 14th in the Championship and losing away at Barnsley, as Shaqiri bags a hattrick for Arsenal and Butland starts for England.

Its been a rough decade.

I feel and share your pain ! Here is a FACT to quote to all those “loyal lardies”

24th April 1985. Victoria Ground. Old 1st Division(now Premier for younger fans) Stoke 2 Norwich 3 played out in front of 4,597 spectators ! I repeat 4,597 spectators ! Just a thousand less than our gate on Friday.

That’s how fecking loyal they are.

Archived