onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Mac the knife back in town

ValeForever.

Taken from the Sentinel article:

"we have lots of contacts in terms of loans he wants to get in"

Am I reading too much into this, or is this a clear indication that Lord Aspo is not happy with the squad at his disposal, despite the results since he took over? What positions do you think he will be looking to cover with these possible loans? I suspect centre midfield. It also begs the question of which loanees will be sent back to allow further loans to be part of the matchday squad.

Advert

Taken from the Sentinel article:

"we have lots of contacts in terms of loans he wants to get in"

Am I reading too much into this, or is this a clear indication that Lord Aspo is not happy with the squad at his disposal, despite the results since he took over? What positions do you think he will be looking to cover with these possible loans? I suspect centre midfield. It also begs the question of which loanees will be sent back to allow further loans to be part of the matchday squad.

I think Phil that there is absolutely no doubt that Aspin is far from happy with the unbalanced squad that Sky Sports new football expert left him with.

Too many wingers and the ridiculous situation of being unable to have some on the bench due to quotas.

What Aspin has done is play players in position and not square pegs in round holes, the results are testament to a manager being able to organise the squad in the best way to suit them.

I have no doubt whatsoever that Aspo feels he wants his own stamp and own players, for me Pike, Stobbs are absolute certain to go back and i wouldn't be surprised if one or two more were loaned out, indeed maybe even pay some off such as Wilson who looks destined to never feature again following the emergence of Gibbons.

Jon has said in his interview that he is pleased to re-unite with old friends, as far as I'm aware that means Rudgey and Aspin, and he also mentioned the fans.

I wonder if Smurfthwaite was involved in tis at all, despite his apologists fawning over something that Aspin and Rudge have clearly engineered, and Jon has accepted because of them and despite anything else.

If the sun shines tomorrow, let's all post to thank Norman.

If Smurf is to take the ultimate blame for Bruno and Brown then surely he is ultimately responsible for his employees decisions now as well?

It's encouraging that he's still bringing staff in & changing things up, obviously looking to build in as many areas as possible. Suggests a longer term vision & that he wants to stay, despite his initial contract being apparently short term.

I think Phil that there is absolutely no doubt that Aspin is far from happy with the unbalanced squad that Sky Sports new football expert left him with.

Too many wingers and the ridiculous situation of being unable to have some on the bench due to quotas.

What Aspin has done is play players in position and not square pegs in round holes, the results are testament to a manager being able to organise the squad in the best way to suit them.

I have no doubt whatsoever that Aspo feels he wants his own stamp and own players, for me Pike, Stobbs are absolute certain to go back and i wouldn't be surprised if one or two more were loaned out, indeed maybe even pay some off such as Wilson who looks destined to never feature again following the emergence of Gibbons.

Aspin has come in and done the obvious things, something that Brown and his team couldn't do. Hes kept it simple and played players where they should play and he hasn't gone mad every week making 4 or more changes to the starting 11.

Hes taken his time and looked at us playing with wing backs and then changed it to a better suited formation, hes been proactive in games with his substituions and formation changes. Everything that Brown wasn't.

By keeping a settled team hes built a team mentality on the pitch that has some understanding now. Hes also made sure players not performing know about it and are either subbed or dropped. Whilst Gibbons and Anderson have taken their chance given to them others haven't like Montano for instance. I tend to agree on Wilson, if hes one of our high earners as rumoured then we can't afford someone like him not playing, so he either has to improve to displace Gibbons or we have to get him off the wage bill. His lack of appearances in squads under Aspin leans me to believing that he won't last long here now, espcially if Gibbons can keep up the consistency hes shown.

His backroom team can only benefit from the addition of Jon, not only from his qualifications standpoing for fitness, but also in his own football league experience that he can pass on to the players too.

Also its very clever to have appointed Apsin, Rudge and now Jon who all know the club and the area.

All common sense that every football club should be engaging in. Unfortunately it's taken a good number of years to arrive here, but long may it continue.

100% agree happens far more regularly abroad teams use their legends to good effect within the club and outside the club too. Looks after the ex players who deserve it and also keeps that link with fans old and young to the club. Long may it continue!

Slightly off topic.

Current teams in the Prem who were destroyed by Vale in the 90s when a combination of Rudge/ Aspin and Rudge/Aspin/MAC were at the club.Number of times in brackets.All competitions.

Man City(3)

Burnley(2)

Brighton(6)

Watford (1)

Huddersfield (11)Can we play you every week?

Leicester (2)

Southampton (1)

5hite(4)

Everton (1)

Bournemouth (3)

Swansea (5)

Palace(3)

Same again boys!! Apologies if I’ve messed up anywhere.

Slightly off topic.

Current teams in the Prem who were destroyed by Vale in the 90s when a combination of Rudge/ Aspin and Rudge/Aspin/MAC were at the club.Number of times in brackets.All competitions.

Man City(3)

Burnley(2)

Brighton(6)

Watford (1)

Leicester (2)

Southampton (1)

5hite(4)

Everton (1)

Bournemouth (3)

Swansea (5)

Palace(3)

But look where they all are and where we are now. Makes me want to weep. I just hope Aspo, Rudgie and Mac can get us back where we were. At this point though I'm still worried about going out of the league!

Slightly off topic.

Man City(3)

Burnley(2)

Brighton(6)

Watford (1)

Leicester (2)

Southampton (1)

5hite(4)

Everton (1)

Bournemouth (3)

Swansea (5)

Palace(3)

What about the Baggies?

If Smurf is to take the ultimate blame for Bruno and Brown then surely he is ultimately responsible for his employees decisions now as well?

I am pleased to be able to say that I agree totally - and your own words provide the key to my concern.

By your perfect logic Smurf has been responsible for a few very good weeks of Aspin/Rudge rule, but oversaw a massively longer period of studity, greed, unprofessional running of the club, outright lies, PR gaffes, utter deceit towards Rob page, internet attacks on supporters,financial mismanagement on ahuge sacale and enormous losses, catalolgue signings, strange stories of car park violence, gullible belief in promises from Mourinho, the coach lies at Exeter, the dead chairman advice, Swedish 5th division players on huge wages, and so, so much more.

The script writers of TV sitcoms eat there hearts out for such stuff.

So you will forgive myself and others if it takes just a little longer to balance out the ghastly mismanagement of the last 2 years because of a few good weeks which were probably due to someone else's good advice.

If Smurf continues to keep away, off social media, and not interfere and things continue to go well, and we get back to the top half of L1 where we were before the Normadness started, THEN I will gladly agree that our owner has redeemed his appalling record and redeemed himself to some extent.

Until then, hr still owes Vale supporters in a very big way, and has paid back a mere fraction of that.

Do you think he can manage to not interfere, fund the club properly in January, and let Aspin and Rudge do their job for long enough to just get back to where we were ?

I'm prepared to wait and see, but would still like it much better if he minced off into the ether and a long happy retirement somewhere a long way from Burslem, and left the club in more rational hands.

That is the true context - but the message is still welcome and good wishes to Jon, very success here again.

I am pleased to be able to say that I agree totally - and your own words provide the key to my concern.

By your perfect logic Smurf has been responsible for a few very good weeks of Aspin/Rudge rule, but oversaw a massively longer period of studity, greed, unprofessional running of the club, outright lies, PR gaffes, utter deceit towards Rob page, internet attacks on supporters,financial mismanagement on ahuge sacale and enormous losses, catalolgue signings, strange stories of car park violence, gullible belief in promises from Mourinho, the coach lies at Exeter, the dead chairman advice, Swedish 5th division players on huge wages, and so, so much more.

The script writers of TV sitcoms eat there hearts out for such stuff.

So you will forgive myself and others if it takes just a little longer to balance out the ghastly mismanagement of the last 2 years because of a few good weeks which were probably due to someone else's good advice.

If Smurf continues to keep away, off social media, and not interfere and things continue to go well, and we get back to the top half of L1 where we were before the Normadness started, THEN I will gladly agree that our owner has redeemed his appalling record and redeemed himself to some extent.

Until then, hr still owes Vale supporters in a very big way, and has paid back a mere fraction of that.

Do you think he can manage to not interfere, fund the club properly in January, and let Aspin and Rudge do their job for long enough to just get back to where we were ?

I'm prepared to wait and see, but would still like it much better if he minced off into the ether and a long happy retirement somewhere a long way from Burslem, and left the club in more rational hands.

That is the true context - but the message is still welcome and good wishes to Jon, very success here again.

Now I can agree with that post!

Archived