And when you lose the world is brighter

You lose at home and I'm a king

You lose away and I'm in heaven

Your relegation's everything

I guess I'll never know the reason why

I love you like I do

That's the wonder

Of that ****** Hughes.

Rodgers & Hammerstein eat you’re heart out !How about the old Desmond Decker song (relegation) You Can Get It If You Really Want It. ( Lardy re-mix ‘18)

LIsten to this a couple of times and the guitar work near the end cannot fail to lift you. Turn up the volume and listen to the magnificent Howard Devoto vocals and late and sadly missed John McGeogh guitar work.

It is dark, menacing, mystical and atmospheric yet also euphoric and triumphant - Magazine were one of the great under-rated bands from Manchester. This track is a masterpiece, nothing less.

Spank my plank with a Sherman tank. Magazine were effing brilliant. Real Life is the best album ever (not a big fan of Light, Gaze, 'cade are more my thing). John Mc G was THE greatest guitarist ever for me. And I play a bit. The Back to Nature bootleg is the most brilliant thing (live in Boston). Also love the Russel club tracks on the 12 inch version of Sweetheart Contract (I think) which feat' J Mc G.

The "Shot" version on there is ace, Big Bazzers funky bass and J Mc G at his pomp. Not on you tube sadly. But the disco version of "Feed.. " is

Link below and the BBC doc about J Mc G. The "punk Jimmy Page"

Archived