onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Feel Good Songs

Paul6754

Advert

Difficult question because of the memory hooks songs/tunes tend to hold. I have preferred music that calms me, the big two for me are the flower duet and albatross, neither have memories attached [i think].

One that does the opposite, and I have no idea why, is Ike and tina turner Nutbush

LIsten to this a couple of times and the guitar work near the end cannot fail to lift you. Turn up the volume and listen to the magnificent Howard Devoto vocals and late and sadly missed John McGeogh guitar work.

It is dark, menacing, mystical and atmospheric yet also euphoric and triumphant - Magazine were one of the great under-rated bands from Manchester. This track is a masterpiece, nothing less.

Difficult question because of the memory hooks songs/tunes tend to hold. I have preferred music that calms me, the big two for me are the flower duet and albatross, neither have memories attached [i think].

One that does the opposite, and I have no idea why, is Ike and tina turner Nutbush

Delibes "Flower Duet" is absolutely gorgeous, it reminds me of Dvorak's "Song to the Moon" from Rusalka and Wagner's "Song to the Evening Star" from Tannhauser although neither are duets and the later is usually sung by a bass/baritone.

Delibes "Flower Duet" is absolutely gorgeous, it reminds me of Dvorak's "Song to the Moon" from Rusalka and Wagner's "Song to the Evening Star" from Tannhauser although neither are duets and the later is usually sung by a bass/baritone.

If you like those, Paul, try this.

although beautiful they dont have the goosebump effect for me... I dont know what causes it but toccata and fugue and flower duet has it in spades... the intro to money for nothing and the tail end of tubular bells also has it but only briefly

Yep, gorgeous aria. Have seen Norma live and have two versions of the opera although none with Maria Callas in the lead role.

The Easter Hymn from Mascagni's "Cavalleria Rusticana" is one of Operas greatest tunes and Puccini's "O Mio Babbino Caro (Oh my Dear Father)" is one of the most famous annd popular opera tunes, just beautiful.

Yep, gorgeous aria. Have seen Norma live and have two versions of the opera although none with Maria Callas in the lead role.

The Easter Hymn from Mascagni's "Cavalleria Rusticana" is one of Operas greatest tunes and Puccini's "O Mio Babbino Caro (Oh my Dear Father)" is one of the most famous annd popular opera tunes, just beautiful.

I had the Intermezzo from Cavalleria RustyMeccano at my wedding - walked down the aisle to it!

That video of Callas is amazing because it shows how completely effortless her voice was.

I had the Intermezzo from Cavalleria RustyMeccano at my wedding - walked down the aisle to it!

There are not many, if any, more beautiful and romantic pieces of music than the intermezzo from Cav. Have seen Cav/Pag at the Met, the ending of Cav is so dramatic and the productions of both incredible.

That video of Callas is amazing because it shows how completely effortless her voice was.

Maria Callas was around before I appreciated Classical Music/Opera so never saw her live but all Opera enthusiasts I know consider her one of the best Soprano's ever.

• 5 weeks later...

Just seen this thread.

Some very good suggestions made and some surprisingly high cultured ones but even as a lover of a hugely wide range of music (I've done everything from pub gigs to the Vienna Opera) my top feel good track is 'Complete Control' by The Clash, probably because of the time of my life it came out and the power and energy it blasts out. Just brilliant.

Sent from my [device_name] using the http://onevalefan mobile app

Archived