onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Home ticket offer

Bea Smith

Advert

We that go need to encourage those who once went but have got out of the habit to come along to a game. Have tickets for the next match available to buy in the ground at half time. To me, this is crucial for the fa cup game. There will be around 4500 fans inside VP next Saturday when we play Barnet. Half time ticket sales in each stand will sell to hundreds who may change their mind in the lead up to R2 against Yeovil if they don't have a ticket. This will change the attendance from 3000 to closer to 4000 for the fa cup game. Simples!

With respect. Don't be silly.

I think 9,000 would just about be possible for a free entry but only if a massive campaign accompanied the offer.

At least 3 or 4 weeks before it would have to be announced on the club site, OVF and the Sentinal, and other media outlets, facebook, twitter etc.

Posters around Burslem and across the Potteries and leflets in 50 local pubs and other outlets - essential, and back it all up with a modest cost but effective radio advertisement with 2 weeks to go.

Make sure schools know, make sure weveryone knows - then, and only then, would it be possible - though I'd rather see a small charge of maybe £2 and offer for those attending to get £5 off the next 2 home games.

Perhaps also, if we beat Yeovil and choose a match before the next FA Cup round, a voucher for priority ticket purchase could be given to those attending the free league match.

That's why I said it depends on who we are playing. Don't think it would be far off against Luton Coventry or Shrewsbury also it would have to be free for away fans and they would bring a few. With respect what do you think then .

I would say choose an opposition that are likely to bring the fewest fans, it is a loss leader to attact Vale possibles, and if we let 1000 or more Luton or Coventry fans in free they are not going to come back and it is really just giving away £20,000 or more, possibly much more.

At L2 level, I am not convinced fans take a lot of notice who the oppoisition is, and crowd sizes depend more on Vale's recent form.

It isn't like Stoke, where some might be tempted to go and see them play Man City, Arsenal, Liverpool, Man United or Chelsea but wouldn't go against Swansea, Southampton, Palace or Wet Sham (no disprespect to the first 3 of that list). It wouldn't be the case for many that they know the Luton or Coventry players and decide to go and see them instead of Crawley or Forest Green for example.

I may be wrong, what do others think on whether the opposition makes much diference in a league match at L2 level ?

Between 9000 and 11000 depending on who we were playing I would guess.

Going on the figures for previous offers approximately the same as the usual numbers... if it wasnt treated like previous offers and people actually knew about it well in advance, people didnt have to queue up at the ticket office for a free ticket etc your base figure could possibly be correct... but this is Vale... if there is a barrier to obstruct they will find and use it

We that go need to encourage those who once went but have got out of the habit to come along to a game. Have tickets for the next match available to buy in the ground at half time. To me, this is crucial for the fa cup game. There will be around 4500 fans inside VP next Saturday when we play Barnet. Half time ticket sales in each stand will sell to hundreds who may change their mind in the lead up to R2 against Yeovil if they don't have a ticket. This will change the attendance from 3000 to closer to 4000 for the fa cup game. Simples!

I have suggested before a half-time effort at selling stuff from the club shop around the perimeter, in the same way programmes are sold. On cold days sell hats and scarves etc. Sales may be single figures, more, or zero but "nothing ventured, nothing gained" etc. Alas I feel the club shop suffers from the same inertia as the ticket office.

Archived