onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Matchday Thread: Newport C v Port Vale

Fosse69

a well earned point,never mind the er! supporters who live on another planet,irrespective of club or league any point away against a team half a league higher has got to be acceptable and in our case very acceptable.We are moving in the right direction after looking dead and buried not so very long ago so why supporters pour scorn on a point away against a team vying for the playoffs at least doesn't make sense to me.

Advert

Whilst they dominated the first half it wasn’t like they pummelled us and I thought we were fair value for the draw against a side on the edge of the play offs (shows what a god awful league it is and what an abysmal job BS Brown was doing).

What on earth was their number 3 doing, just asking for trouble the plank!

Agree on Harness, works hard and gets stuck in but seems to lack effectiveness or seems to pick the wrong option when it really matters.

Under Brown that would have been a defeat and possibly by more goals.

Divine retribution on their No 3, winding up supporters is not the brightest of things to do. But his performance afterwards was comedy class.

Stop talking about him then! 🙄

I have the bloke on ‘block’ but people keep quoting him... I’m just alerting people that the guy is a genuine WUM.

You and I disagree on a lot, but as least I know you are genuine in your thoughts.

This bloke has told me he is just here for the wind up so I’m trying to stop others falling for the trap I did for a while.

The team really dug in for a result tonight. Very pleased. What needs to happen next is to drive up team play. What to do in different situations so we don't give the ball away cheaply in clearance and build up play and are more effective attacking in the box. I think Regis is a really good signing. I'm confident we are loads better than League position and can get safe. Anderson a crucial figure, sign permanently.

Just got back home and I'm not trawling through the utter off subject tripe some have posted on here. Suffice to say it was a terrible 1st half with both teams lacking anything resembling football at all. 2nd half better. Regis looks a real find, Forrester was lively, defence ok with Anderson the pick. Yes Jean their number 3, pipe? was an out and out twozzack and the Valiants fans got under his thick skin. Take a point away after a poor showing but the squad does now resemble a fighting unit.

Sent from my SM-G920F using the onevalefan mobile app

Special mention to Tom Anderson, this lad was excellent tonight against a quick and tricky forward line of Newport. He won countless headers and cleared everything in his way. Well done Tom. Also a special to Dan Butler who was Newports number 3, he for some reason decided to wind us fans up after the goal for no apparent reason. After that he got endless abuse and got snapped by Gibbo. He had a nightmare after winding the fans up and deservedly so. W*****!

Just got back from the game and as those that have been have already said the first half wasn't great. We got into some good positions and wasted a lot of crosses and we didn't get up quickly enough in support of Pope. By the same token they were just launch it to the big men and they were a handful but I thought the defence handled them well, so much so Boot didn't have a save of note to make.

Anyone noticed how teams are starting to target long balls at Gibbons side, yet he and Anderson are forming a very good partnership there and I think teams are underestimating how good Gibbons is despite his size and he and Anderson swap position well when their big forwards go out there. Anderson was my man of the match today though, he won a lot of headers and kept their big man up front quiet, equally Smith was up for the battle too. Denton has been struggling at left mid and I'm not sure he's the answer there, no surprise to see him subbed. Boot had a good game tonight, no chance with the goal. Not sure what happened on it, I'd have to see it back, but it looked like we lost possession too easily with maybe Smith out of position and it got played out to the left and it was a good strike to be fair.

The game was really scrappy and our attacking players just couldnt get a foothold in the game and we didn't get around Pope as we have been doing. However they were a strong side and weren't as bad as I expected them to be.

But second half was much better from us, we had the better (half) chances, got up around Pope and improved our passing too. The substitutions were the right ones to make and they affected the game in a positive way.

I'd echo REPs thoughts and say I too am excited by a Pope / Forrester combo up front. They could be a real handful for anyone on their day and that was a well worked goal.

Overall I'm happy with a point and it was a good fight back and a marked improvement in the second half.

First half would have shamed the Potts and District Sunday League - very poor from both teams. They took the lead and their No 3 Butler started taking the p*** out of the Vale fans. He got an absolute blast in response and from that moment on he couldn’t put a foot right. Indeed, it was him who was badly out of position for our equaliser thus confirming that there is a god! Well done Vale fans, I think we can claim an assist for that one!!

And in addition he got absolutely clattered by Gibbons after that with a crunching challenge, great stuff! Did anyone see their ball boy in front of us get moved by the stewards too? The cocky little **** started celebrating their goal and goading our fans at the front.

Edit: I hope admin can start sorting out the wind up posts and posters in here. Too often threads are getting derailed and getting out of hand. It needs sorting out now as too who's in charge because the lunatics are taking over the asylum.

A good point away from home against a team doing well this season.first half was pretty dire, I thought Gibbons had loads of time to clear the ball for their goal but other than that he had a good game. The subs changed the game and a good goal from Forrester with a very good assist from Pope.

Could have nicked the win in the end. I would have taken Harness off for Yates, Harness was our worst player imo, Boot, one of the better ones, no chance with the goal, why the hell have we wasted so much time and money signing all those crap keepers.

Losing 1-0 and showing character to claim a share of the spoils meaning we can all enjoy our weekend knowing Vale can get a point and dig in when nowhere near there best .

Newports won 7 drew 4 lost 4 tothe Swindon game Vale programme so no mugs .

Very pleased .

UTV

Archived