Fosse69

Matchday Thread: Newport C v Port Vale

At the moment it’s all about perspective given the situation we are in.

Today is a good point.

In comparison to 10 years ago, it’s not.

In comparison to 15 years ago is bordering on a disaster.

6 weeks ago we were on a run as bad as anything in the clubs history. We were joint bottom of the football league with nothing to give us any for of optimism.

Tonight we are much improved from that position. Aspo has won 5 of 8. Grounds for optimism

Sent from my iPhone using onevalefan

We were at the bottom of a big hole, slowly we are climbing, firstly into a group off the bottom, hopefully on firmer ground by Xmas. Luckily Aspen and Rudge threw us a rope down or we would be up to our necks by now. It does not matter how big or small a club is, it is what team they put out. It could well be that this season is Newport`s best for 30 years, ours definitely isn't. UTV Edited by Fosse69

Today is a good point.

6 weeks ago we were on a run as bad as anything in the clubs history. We were joint bottom of the football league with nothing to give us any for of optimism.

Tonight we are much improved from that position. Aspo has won 5 of 8. Grounds for optimism

Avoiding defeat against a team doing well +

Coming from behind away from home +

Forrester 2 in 2 Massive +

Beliefe within the squad in recent games +

Feel good factor with Aspo + Rudgie +

Norman Silent...Ooops:wink:

Edited by Maesteg Meg

Today is a good point.

I agree. And to be fair I'll always take a point away from home especially when we're 1 down.

We are celebrating a point at the mighty Newport? Shows exactly how far this club has sank.

Sent from my SM-J500FN using the onevalefan mobile app

Of course it does, we were in the drop zone of division 4 not long ago and were sitting only one place above it before this game. I would be celebrating a point away to any team above us because it claws us to a slightly better position... we got in this position because we couldnt.

Its not like we have had a couple of bad games and have slipped a little, we have had a couple of seasons that have been crap... we arent looking at promotion [yet] we are looking at survival.

It may have been a crap performance [dont know] but its a bloody good point.

We got lucky tonight. We are a big fish in a small pond. Our aspirations should be more than a draw with bloody Newport County.

Have some pride lads!

Sent from my SM-G900F using the onevalefan mobile app

I have pride in the fact that port vale is not going silently into the night anymore

In our precarious position, and from 0-1 down away from home, I'll take a point all day long.

Great for Anton Forrester too.

Well done the lads.

A point away from home has always been a satisfactory result and tonight is no different.

Some of the comments on this thread are plain daft!

Please please please can people stop responding to Martino Knockavelli!!

He is a wind up merchant that gains pleasure from getting a reaction out of people... I learnt this the hard way!

When you think “haha... I will prove him wrong with this message” or “I will make him look daft with this message”... all you are doing is feeding him. And trust me he just gets pleasure from it.

Notice how as more and more people realise he is a troll and ignore him the more ridiculous his statements become.

Just ignore him, no matter how ridiculous his messages are. He makes them that way to get a reaction.

Yeah, just ignore him/her/it. A troll for sure and a complete waste of time. Of which I’ve jyst wasted 30 secs.😂

I'm sorry our expectations got so low. This is all a sorry state of affairs.

Sent from my SM-G900F using the onevalefan mobile app

Again, as per my earlier post, I don’t get on here much anymore, but has this individual got sever learning difficulties or is their sole purpose to be a complete bell end & provoke a reaction from the logical among us?

Sent from my iPhone using the onevalefan mobile app

I can remember when Vale first got relegated to L2 in 2008, I had this mentality of "we should be beating all of these mickey mouse teams". However I quickly learnt that it doesn't work like that and that combined with Vale's disastrous start means that I have a totally different mind-set this time. It's important to realise that although some clubs in this league are small some are very well coached, giving them the ability to compete 11 v 11. It's important that we don't become this league's Sheff Utd or Bradford assuming that gates win games. It's all about the players, how they are set up, their mind-set and how they are coached. Why do you think clubs like **ahem** Port Vale used to go to Maine Road in the 90's and consistently beat City? Take away history, the crowd, ground etc and just imagine our 11 playing Newport's 11 on an indiscriminate field, with no club allegiance, would we be as confident or assured of our right to a win. That's what you have to ask yourself. Tonight was a good point and I am grateful for any points that we can get at the moment.

Edited by scVale

Again, as per my earlier post, I don’t get on here much anymore, but has this individual got sever learning difficulties or is their sole purpose to be a complete bell end & provoke a reaction from the logical among us?

Sent from my iPhone using the onevalefan mobile app

Yes I have learning difficulties. And dyslexia. But I love Vale.

From a young age at school I've found it hard to conform to what some see as normal.

I don't want to offend anyone I just see white as white and black as black. No grey area for me.

I think we had a high expectation for Vale tonight and rightly so. Those that dont see us as a big fish in a small pond have submitted to mediocrity in my opinion.

Yes I have learning difficulties. And dyslexia. But I love Vale.

From a young age at school I've found it hard to conform to what some see as normal.

I don't want to offend anyone I just see white as white and black as black. No grey area for me.

I think we had a high expectation for Vale tonight and rightly so. Those that dont see us as a big fish in a small pond have submitted to mediocrity in my opinion.

How are we a big fish?

More directors loans than anyone else?

More mismatched seats?

We sell all our pies?

Stadium so big we still havent finished it since 1950?

Largest number of international players?

Record transfer fees?

Waiting list for season tickets?

That was a really poor game to watch, apart from the goal entertainment value was zero. Both sides huffed and puffed and I’ve seen better quality football on Wolstanton Marsh. First half they edged it, second we did.

That said we barely gave them a chance. The goal was a poor concentration and we were dreadfully slow reacting to the danger. Smith had his hands full marking Nouble but did well to restrict him. Vales goal was a great bit of interplay between Pope and Forrester, and a good finish from him. From then on we had the better of the play and could have gone on to take the points. Regis looks like a good footballer and initial impressions he could be a good find.

Another good away point when we didn’t play well and were one down is a positive despite what some idiots on here think.

Please some of you do all of us a favour and stop posting because it makes this forum seem like an nutcase convention.

Bring on Barnet!

How are we a big fish?

More directors loans than anyone else?

More mismatched seats?

We sell all our pies?

Stadium so big we still havent finished it since 1950?

Largest number of international players?

Record transfer fees?

Waiting list for season tickets?

You seem like a defeatist to me geo. That surprises me in you.