onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

FA Cup 2nd round draw

Bea Smith

Advert

Personally speaking I'd rather have had Oxford City away than Huddersfield away as we got last year. The Forest Green Rovers/Shortwood/Ford United even Chasetown games are more interesting to me. manu away in round 3 would be decent for a payday but it wouldn't get by juices flowing, Chelsea on the other hand would as we've not played them in decades.

I think Chelsea are the only current league club no living Vale fan(unless you are in your 90s/100+) will have seen us play. Late 1920s the last time we played them in a competitive game I believe!

Happy with this draw. Winnable tie, just need to put the same amount of effort in as last Friday & we should be fine.

In terms of the day, stick it on a Friday. For one, we have a great record on Friday nights. As for the fans, we're being made to travel a fair distance on Friday too, & it doesn't really bother me that much, but the main advantage will be as people have already said - their players will be stuck on a coach all day. As Aspin said about the dugout switch, the little things may help produce a result.

Its definitley a winnable game and judging by the game down at their place I don't think we have anything to fear from them. I'm not sure the Friday thing is that much of an advantage, they'll probably stay over somewhere locally in a hotel anyway.

U cannot argue with that draw at Home .

A chance get to Round 3 but thats all it is a chance .

Id put a deal where if we get through the folk attending the yeovil fixture can get az many tickets as they pleasefor the third round if wemanage get there .

Nothing is certain though and it will mean as much toYeovil as to us .

All big games but cup ties r whstget u extra supportin .

Hopefully Rudgie and Aspo can weave some of there magic history into the present where we dont just turn up to be beaten we beat who the footballing community say we cannot .

UTV love the cup thats what made a regular supporterat the Vale .

The noise the fans made and the performances the players produced back in the day .

The importance of a cup run is massive .

...I was under the impression that the Police are fine with playing on the Saturday at 3.00pm - providing Vale can sort out the stewarding problem, as many of 'our' stewards also work at Sjoke's matches. If this is the case, then perhaps this is what is delaying any announcement. On the other hand, I may just have everything completely wrong !!!

...I was under the impression that the Police are fine with playing on the Saturday at 3.00pm - providing Vale can sort out the stewarding problem' date=' as many of 'our' stewards also work at Sjoke's matches. If this is the case, then perhaps this is what is delaying any announcement. On the other hand, I may just have everything completely wrong !!![/quote']I dont think we will need many stewards for this game only fire, health and safety and a few stewards. Please let it be a Saturday game.

Archived