onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Give Neil Aspin a Longer deal now Mr Smurthwaite!

old sage

Not that bright then?Seems to be trait with the SAL.

Sent from my iPhone using the onevalefan mobile app

Attack the post not the poster.

This is a good example of the continual dragging of threads off topic that annoys people and just numbs them to the continual defense of Norman.

We get YOU are willing to forget all of the terrible decisions he made, and make the assumption that that trait has disappeared from his psyche (I REALLY hope you are right).

But you have to understand that other people are still concerned that he could suddenly have another 'brainwave' and mess all this up.

Forgive but never forget.

You have to learn to let people have their own opinion, and accept that this is the place that they discuss those opinions, and stop ruining threads.

Thanks in advance.

Advert

It didn't matter who the management team was, they needed time to sort out the mess. Having made a couple of disastrous decisions, shouldn't Mr Smurthwaite bide his time? I only hope that he is communicating with Sir John over all football matters.

First impression is that Aspo is the first manager since Micky Adams to even look like he is in control. If he continues what he has set out then a contract will be there for the taking. The more successful he gets, could cost Mr Smurthwaite a little more out of his budget.

It didn't matter who the management team was, they needed time to sort out the mess. Having made a couple of disastrous decisions, shouldn't Mr Smurthwaite bide his time? I only hope that he is communicating with Sir John over all football matters.

First impression is that Aspo is the first manager since Micky Adams to even look like he is in control. If he continues what he has set out then a contract will be there for the taking. The more successful he gets, could cost Mr Smurthwaite a little more out of his budget.

How dare you have a difference of opinion Jeffers.You have no right unless you dislike Smurf.

How dare you have a difference of opinion Jeffers.You have no right unless you dislike Smurf.

I fear the irony of your post will be lost on you.

To summerise it for you:

You bash anyone who doesn't have the same opinion as you! soooooooo....

My whole point is that we all are allowed a difference of opinion. Lets not just ruin every thread if someone disagrees with yours.

But here we are... with you plowing on not really understanding it.

To summerise it for you:

My whole point is that we all are allowed a difference of opinion. Lets not just ruin every thread if someone disagrees with yours.

Yes and we all know about your rants on here. Of course you were right all along.The OP is demanding a long term contract NOW.Not only me but a few have given their opinion.What exactly is your opinion on the contract situation? And do you think that it is fair that someone should be reviled after employing Neil Aspin plus coaching staff plus Rudgey plus Adams for advice?

No humble pie for me youth. In fact I am struggling to understand what you have written. Have you stopped eating your pie yet after your derogatory comments regarding Tom Pope. At least the Asp noticed that he was pivotal to our future. A wise man is Neil Aspin unlike one or two on here that I could mention!

And yet the owner appointed Aspin who has helped transform Pope.

Thanks to the owner therefore your boy has rediscovered his career

I'm neither a Smurf Lover or hater, yes he's made some colossal mistakes in the past and I understand why he has got so much stick from the fans. But as I stated before, whilst I am suspicious of his motive for appointing Aspin I think he deserves the credit for it.

To summerise it for you:

Aren't you just doing the same as him?

I’ve also noticed in recent games that Tom is using his brains instead of brawn.Look at some of his goals.He gives himself space instead of rsing a defender out of the way or trying to get a free kick.That to me suggests he’s now got a decent coach working with him.

Aspo seems quite relaxed about his position,leave it at that OWD.

you dont half talk some tripe! Popey is being supported by other players now as opposed to being isolated as he was under Brown. he is also having crosses whipped into him instead of the ball being lumped up to him all the time, all the things some of us said would get the best out of Popey when some of you were slagging him off!

And you and a few others who have a pure hatred of him rambling even when things are looking up referencing even when there is no need is ok in your head is it?

You couldn’t make up the logic, oh sorry you just did!

who is rambling? It's also nothing to do with a "pure hatred" of Smurthwaite either, its an opinion of his actions and the untold damage he has caused to our football club. He has finally got an appointment right, and fair play to him for that, but we have since found out that it's on a very short term contract. Whose decision was the length of contract, Aspin's as he doesn't know if he would settle down here again or Smurthwaite trying to be clever again? From past scenarios its probably the latter and if it is it will cost him more to keep Aspins services now. I can see the headlines now, "Aspin leaves the Vale as the club can't meet his new contract demands"! I really hope i'm wrong, but given the soap opera Smurthwaite has turned the club into, then its quite a plausible scenario.

How dare you REP?Popey is beyond criticism,don’t you know anything?Smurf forced him out and then forced him back in,Tom kicking and screaming.He then forced Aspo to come to Vale and forced Aspo’s coaching staff and Rudgey to come aswell.Ten year deal or nothing as demanded by the Smurf Haters.Don’t worry they’ve had a whip round.Smurf,don’t forget to send Adams his finder’s fee.

more tripe

more tripe

You and the boys will know all about tripe.Read my justified criticism,of Pope,along with others.Has Tom not been fed for most of his career?How interesting all the Smurf haters appear at the same time,even when things are going well.I neither hate or love Smurf.Unlike the ***t pack.

who is rambling? It's also nothing to do with a "pure hatred" of Smurthwaite either, its an opinion of his actions and the untold damage he has caused to our football club. He has finally got an appointment right, and fair play to him for that, but we have since found out that it's on a very short term contract. Whose decision was the length of contract, Aspin's as he doesn't know if he would settle down here again or Smurthwaite trying to be clever again? From past scenarios its probably the latter and if it is it will cost him more to keep Aspins services now. I can see the headlines now, "Aspin leaves the Vale as the club can't meet his new contract demands"! I really hope i'm wrong, but given the soap opera Smurthwaite has turned the club into, then its quite a plausible scenario.

Tripe.

Only on OVF could people manage to find a way to argue when all in agreement the manager needs a longer contract. Its like a ******** factory in here

to be fair Matt, it appears the people causing the arguments are people who blindly back all Smurthwaites actions. They seem to have difficulty in accepting that many of us still have the opposite opinion of the man. The fact I, and other supposed Smurthwaite "haters", have actually praised him on this thread for appointing Aspin seems to have gone way over their heads. Great appointment, big worry his contract may only be to Christmas, what is the problem with that opinion?

Archived