onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Steve Evans - Clown!

Advert

I prefer to remember the value we got from Brown as a player with great character coming to the end of a decent career and the fact that he tried his best to steady a ship that was going down due to the chaotic behaviour of the chairman. I have no complaints about his dismissal and I’m pleased as punch with Aspo but have nothing but respect for Brown’s efforts even though his managerial skills came up short.

I prefer to remember the value we got from Brown as a player with great character coming to the end of a decent career and the fact that he tried his best to steady a ship that was going down due to the chaotic behaviour of the chairman. I have no complaints about his dismissal and I’m pleased as punch with Aspo but have nothing but respect for Brown’s efforts even though his managerial skills came up short.

Agree totally, nothing personal whatsoever. Great player, just an awful manager, & some of the comments he came out with at times were completely bizarre.

He was the / if not one of the worst managers in our history.

Micky Adams didn't do too badly with the same owner and I doubt Aspo is failing....

One common denominator, Brown was an absolute failure as a manager, he can take his patronising 'little Port Vale' views with him too.

Micky Adams didn't do too badly with the same owner and I doubt Aspo is failing....

Imagine how much more Micky could have done if he wasn't working for a crackpot who didn't have a clue what he was doing and just went round causing mayhem. He gives a few examples in his book about how he had to sweep up after Normans mess!

Imagine how much more Micky could have done if he wasn't working for a crackpot who didn't have a clue what he was doing and just went round causing mayhem. He gives a few examples in his book about how he had to sweep up after Normans mess!

And yet he still came back to assist, cracking read but don’t be fooled he gets on well with the owner.

And yet he still came back to assist' date=' cracking read but don’t be fooled he gets on well with the owner.[/quote']

Didn't say he didn't.

I'm just commenting that Micky could have achieved more of he wasn't dealing with Norman, and I think that's a shame. You are so very defensive of the bloke... its a bit weird. just relax.

Didn't say he didn't.

I'm just commenting that Micky could have achieved more of he wasn't dealing with Norman, and I think that's a shame. You are so very defensive of the bloke... its a bit weird. just relax.

And you and few others are very agreesive towards him bringing him into numerous posts to bash him, that’s very weird and folk need to leave him alone now to support the managerial appointment he has finally seemingly got right.

To quote Aspo...”People might be used to hearing a load of bull***, but with me you’re not going to get that”.

And you and few others are very agreesive towards him bringing him into numerous posts to bash him, that’s very weird and folk need to leave him alone now to support the managerial appointment he has finally seemingly got right.

To quote Aspo...”People might be used to hearing a load of bull***, but with me you’re not going to get that”.

I haven't said an "aggressive" thing about the Owner since the Aspin and Rudge hire. Which I think is a good move. I agree that its time to support the team.

What I have said is that:

a) I will judge him on how he handles the Hugill windfall. Which I will and think is very fair.

b) I think Micky could have achieved more if he wasn't dealing with some of Normans c**k ups. Which I also think is true and based on a book Micky wrote.

You might just be looking for opportunities to defend Norman when its not necessary.

You seem to be really on edge about it. You are starting arguments that just don't need to be had.

Hence why I told you to relax.

I haven't said an "aggressive" thing about the Owner since the Aspin and Rudge hire. Which I think is a good move. I agree that its time to support the team.

What I have said is that:

a) I will judge him on how he handles the Hugill windfall. Which I will and think is very fair.

b) I think Micky could have achieved more if he wasn't dealing with some of Normans c**k ups. Which I also think is true and based on a book Micky wrote.

You might just be looking for opportunities to defend Norman when its not necessary.

You seem to be really on edge about it. You are starting arguments that just don't need to be had.

Hence why I told you to relax.

You ain’t a very good judge of people if you think I’ve ever been on edge My motto has always been to look for the positives, feck the haters and live life to the full. Keep your amateur psychology and look back to the fact I didn’t bring the owner into this thread.

It’s completely irrational that people do so on topics so far removed from anything to do with him simply because they don’t like him and to have a dig. He’s got something right, finally a decent managerial appointment.

Now back to Evans....let’s hope he gets the welcome he deserves in November.

Sent from my iPhone using the onevalefan mobile app

Now back to Evans....let’s hope he gets the welcome he deserves in November.

I think the reason threads go off topic is because if anyone mentions the owner at all (and they will given he is the owner and therefore has influence over everything that is discussed on this forum) your hair trigger attack dog defense of Norman kicks off.

I think you are over thinking things... thinking people are attacking Norman when they are not necessarily. They are just expressing an opinion which they are allowed.

Just let the threads flow yeah, your name is always there when they go off topic due to your over defense of the owner. People are finding it a bit annoying.

With regards Evans... terrible bloke. Will always remember the video of the Crawley players singing and dancing when they found out he was leaving them.

Archived