onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Home games

Bea Smith

Is this correct? News to me.

Yes i got one on mon for my gf 20 quid for my girlfriend as she wanted c what its like .

Thats for Railway paddock .

Im a season ticket holderit wouldnt bother me if ulet under 21s in for 7 quid students a fiver and over 62s 7 quid a game .

Its all about what the players do .

If they do then folk come and if they dont well thats there choice .

Aspos lads deserve Stoke crowds in fact id go as faras say Barcelonas gates .

Utv

Advert

But they are not being penalized because they are not able to take up the "Early Bird" offer, they are paying the normal price. So to make it fair everyone should pay full price? Thus the system is arranged for the many not the few. It may seem harsh but that is how it is, but can be much harsher if you buy an on the day ticket instead of an advance rail ticket.

Obviously a lot of clubs (if not all) do the same in this league and it may be 'how it is', but it is still penalising and cashing in on those people that by choice or circumstance make last minute decisions to go to the games and buy a ticket on the day.

Other than trying to prevent higher than normal queues on a matchday I see no other reason for tickets to be more expensive on a matchday than any other day in the week.

Obviously a lot of clubs (if not all) do the same in this league and it may be 'how it is', but it is still penalising and cashing in on those people that by choice or circumstance make last minute decisions to go to the games and buy a ticket on the day.

Other than trying to prevent higher than normal queues on a matchday I see no other reason for tickets to be more expensive on a matchday than any other day in the week.

But hasn't the higher price been the normal price for a few years now? They haven't just suddenly decided to put the price up for people coming later, that's the same as previous, they're rewarding those who get in early now?

(Not sure what the price has been for a few years as I have a ST but pretty sure it's been around £22 for a while)

But hasn't the higher price been the normal price for a few years now? They haven't just suddenly decided to put the price up for people coming later, that's the same as previous, they're rewarding those who get in early now?

(Not sure what the price has been for a few years as I have a ST but pretty sure it's been around £22 for a while)

I know they haven't put prices up but why not make them the same across the board at the new price. So on one hand even those fans that go on a game by game basis can get in at a slightly cheaper price no matter when they buy a ticket. The bigger savings come for those that buy a season ticket and then through the season they can offer a bulk ticket deal or something like that or even the season ticket holders bring a friend for a fiver thing. There are lots of things they can do.

Would it be possible for Vale to sell a 'Home Match Entry Ticket' at the cheaper advance price in the Club Shop - make it useable for any future home league match in the next 3 months at the reduced price.

This would be in the form of something like a Club Shop Voucher, but for match entry and people could buy one or two, designated for the area they go to (Lorne St, Paddock, Bycars wheatever) when they are leaving the previous match, or just anytime they are at the ground.

There would have to be a limit on how many sold just in case we ever get a large crowd (not being sarcastic) and this couldn't work at a ground that gets 50 per cent full or more, but with a little planning could go a long way towards solving this issue.

So someone coming to the Swindon match this weekend, could nip in the club shop (or ticket office or wherever best to sell them) before or after and buy one or more advance match tickets and if they then find they cannot attend the next home league match, could use it for the one after or any later one.

I'd suggest an expiry on them of three months though, to make planning easier, but can't see why this could not be made to work.

A very good idea, especially given the unused seats in the ground. You should e-mail Garlick with that.

It's not harsh to give season ticket holders a discount. I don't know why anyone would use that wording around it. Season ticket holders buy in bulk, up front. Most, if not all businesses would offer a discount for that sort of business.

The prices we have for a matchday ticket are far too high, even when we were in League One they were too high. We shouldn't be thinking about how our prices compare with our league clubs, we should be thinking about our fanbase, our potential fanbase and the prices required to get them through the gates to watch us. It really doesn't matter to us if Stevenage are charging £25 does it? It doesn't affect us at all. And yet over the years I have seen statements from this club about how our prices compare to others in the league.

There needs to be some different thinking soon about how we price for next year. It seems like we might build some momentum in the coming months for a proper season ticket initiative next year. Whatever happens, season ticket purchasers need to be offered an incentive for purchasing early. Otherwise I would think the club will miss out on a lot of money.

I know they haven't put prices up but why not make them the same across the board at the new price. So on one hand even those fans that go on a game by game basis can get in at a slightly cheaper price no matter when they buy a ticket. The bigger savings come for those that buy a season ticket and then through the season they can offer a bulk ticket deal or something like that or even the season ticket holders bring a friend for a fiver thing. There are lots of things they can do.

Think it's more of an incentive to commit, rather than a permanent reduction on prices. I guess if you're going to make that argument, you may as well say just reduce season tickets to £300 permanently for everyone & forget the early bird deal altogether.

A basic lower price isn't something to entice people, whereas you put a shiny 'deal' sticker up with that price & it becomes something more interesting, & persuades people into committing their money sooner. Almost the entire pricing structure of football nowadays is to reward people with 'savings' on buying their tickets early, & committing to things like season tickets.

We are losing sight of the main topic though, which is ideas for offers, rather than just a permanent price reduction for all.

It's not harsh to give season ticket holders a discount. I don't know why anyone would use that wording around it.

You've got the wrong end of the stick, no ones saying the pricing is harsh on season ticket holders. The word harsh has only been used for those that have to leave it til the last minute to buy a ticket on a Saturday when the price is a couple of quid more expensive.

But the as mentioned earlier now could be a good time to get some offers on for home games, whether its a bulk offer on a few games or some advance promo for half season tickets. Theres a feel good factor around the club at the moment that belies our lowly position.

As Smurf says it takes time to sort approval for offers, with the Xmas fixtures being the highest gates, to increase them even more, would it be worth looking at a few December offers? A deal for all 3 home games, or something similar?

3 tickets (Cambridge, Coventry & Luton) for a price dependant on the type? Something like £50 for adults, £35 for senior, £20 for concessions? Or some family deal tickets?

I know people say we shouldn't reduce prices at the busiest periods, but keeping fans (some new) locked into a deal for 3 games when there will be a better atmosphere than usual will be much more effective in persuading them to come on a more regular basis than some one game offer, on a freezing Tuesday night in Feb against Exeter or something. More chance of seeing a win across 3 games too, a one-off is a gamble on having to win that specific game to have a decent effect.

You've got the wrong end of the stick, no ones saying the pricing is harsh on season ticket holders.

You're right, I did get the wrong end of the stick.

Pointed out earlier in the thread as well, that I think it is a good time to start getting the offers in. I'm a season ticket holder, I expect that the club would do offers during the campaign (And hope that they would too - as much as it's nice I have a seat in front of me to put my feet on during the games, I'd rather someone was sat in it).

I get a decent discount for buying in advance. The only thing I truly wish we could sort out for season ticket holders (And I know we're getting off topic here) is priority on away tickets when required. 2 per season ticket holder is not a fair system. It should be one per season ticket in a priority sale to season ticket holders and then general sale after that.

Back on topic, Tomo is right above. That sounds like a good deal to me. I think we should be putting offers on at the busiest times, because.................. lots more people take the offers up then. It's small club mentality to put an offer on for a match that isn't popular. Sticking an offer for a game people want to see shows ambition.

Just a totally ignorant post. Firstly it does not take into account the financial circumstances of people in the area when it comes to purchasing a season ticket. Secondly from a marketing point of view with Aspin and rudge coming back, coupled with a good run of form its arguably a good time to offer a package of games at a reduced price, maybe not as cheap as the equivalent games it would cost on a season ticket but at least cheaper than if they bought them on a game by game basis.

well massively ignorant considering the season ticket doesnt cover cup games anyway

I was always going to buy a season ticket no matter what the clubs situation,the fact that Pope ,Aspin and Rudge are back and it was reduced by £50 and the recent form,makes it seem a real bargain at the moment,don't care if match day prices are same as st prices,my usual seat will always be there for me and the bigger the crowd the better.

Maybe not easy to arrange but I've never understood why season tickets aren't available throughout the season.

E.g. you pay £300 for a 23 game season ticket. If you buy one once 5 games have been played then you pay £240 or so.

A few seasons back I bought a ST in October, as far as I remember I paid pro rata for the games left. So if anyone interested ask the ticket office or Garlick. Maybe useful to have in a big cup run?

Maybe not easy to arrange but I've never understood why season tickets aren't available throughout the season.

E.g. you pay £300 for a 23 game season ticket. If you buy one once 5 games have been played then you pay £240 or so.

It takes 5 seconds to replace & register a new card to be used, so can't understand it either. All they need is the price structure to be sorted, then people could go in & get them whenever like regular tickets.

Archived