onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Home games

Bea Smith

On the one hand I can see why clubs make tickets cheaper in the days before the actual match day. They want to try and force people into committing early to limit queues on a match day and also to hopefully get more people through the door, as that reduced price prior to a Saturday may be more attractive and tempt people in.

However as already stated there are people who won't know til a Saturday if they can go or not and in a way its unfair to penalise those. But I've been in that situation with the recent run of away games this month, I've managed to get to them but have only decided on the day to go and have had to pay extra as I'm turning up on the day to get a ticket. I suppose the reality is that clubs will know there are a certain number of fans who do this and are cashing in on that fact too.

Advert

Would it be possible for Vale to sell a 'Home Match Entry Ticket' at the cheaper advance price in the Club Shop - make it useable for any future home league match in the next 3 months at the reduced price.

This would be in the form of something like a Club Shop Voucher, but for match entry and people could buy one or two, designated for the area they go to (Lorne St, Paddock, Bycars wheatever) when they are leaving the previous match, or just anytime they are at the ground.

There would have to be a limit on how many sold just in case we ever get a large crowd (not being sarcastic) and this couldn't work at a ground that gets 50 per cent full or more, but with a little planning could go a long way towards solving this issue.

So someone coming to the Swindon match this weekend, could nip in the club shop (or ticket office or wherever best to sell them) before or after and buy one or more advance match tickets and if they then find they cannot attend the next home league match, could use it for the one after or any later one.

I'd suggest an expiry on them of three months though, to make planning easier, but can't see why this could not be made to work.

On the one hand I can see why clubs make tickets cheaper in the days before the actual match day. They want to try and force people into committing early to limit queues on a match day and also to hopefully get more people through the door, as that reduced price prior to a Saturday may be more attractive and tempt people in.

However as already stated there are people who won't know til a Saturday if they can go or not and in a way its unfair to penalise those. But I've been in that situation with the recent run of away games this month, I've managed to get to them but have only decided on the day to go and have had to pay extra as I'm turning up on the day to get a ticket. I suppose the reality is that clubs will know there are a certain number of fans who do this and are cashing in on that fact too.

But they are not being penalized because they are not able to take up the "Early Bird" offer, they are paying the normal price. So to make it fair everyone should pay full price? Thus the system is arranged for the many not the few. It may seem harsh but that is how it is, but can be much harsher if you buy an on the day ticket instead of an advance rail ticket.

But they are not being penalized because they are not able to take up the "Early Bird" offer, they are paying the normal price. So to make it fair everyone should pay full price? Thus the system is arranged for the many not the few. It may seem harsh but that is how it is, but can be much harsher if you buy an on the day ticket instead of an advance rail ticket.

Pretty much same deal with season tickets I guess, commit early & pay early, get it cheaper. No different.

Penalize for paying late, reward for paying early, semantics. One is positive, the other negative, just depends how you want to look at it.

I thought this was a thread on how to get more supporters through the gate. Harsh wont do it.

I thought this was a thread on how to get more supporters through the gate. Harsh wont do it.

Seems harsh, but On the Day Bird cant be the same price as Early Bird. The problem of how to deal with more fans than usual turning up on Saturday was by arranging for cash to be taken at the turnstiles as well as in the ticket office. The attraction being the recent on the field performances. Catering for more day tickets can be by more sale points or fans arriving earlier to avoid the pre-KO rush, selling tickets to the queue has been used in the past. Special pricing is a separate issue, I would go for a 5 match ticket for £100, £20 entrance to Bycars for holders of a £5 membership card (To maintain full price at the Hamil for away fans.)

Seems harsh, but On the Day Bird cant be the same price as Early Bird. The problem of how to deal with more fans than usual turning up on Saturday was by arranging for cash to be taken at the turnstiles as well as in the ticket office. The attraction being the recent on the field performances. Catering for more day tickets can be by more sale points or fans arriving earlier to avoid the pre-KO rush, selling tickets to the queue has been used in the past. Special pricing is a separate issue, I would go for a 5 match ticket for £100, £20 entrance to Bycars for holders of a £5 membership card (To maintain full price at the Hamil for away fans.)

Are you Theresa May?

Old fashioned, blinkered thinking - and in all probability just being argumentative for the sake of it.

It is not to do with saving money or being a cheapskate, but to do with getting occasional or possible fans back into the habit of regularly attending at Vale Park and making them feel like Port Vale fans.

By getting them to commit to attending 3,4 or 5 games, and ensuring decent cup attendances people who might go only once normally would feel part of the club and its' new buzz again, or for the first time.

The cost to the club would be small, as they would get money up front, and be sure of tickets sold where if for instance, we lost to Swindon, they might not be.

Nothing ventured, nothing gained. Time to be brave and push the new Vale as something to be proud of and not be a silly made-up poster who just comes on here to laugh at and try and belittle real fans.

I think, given off the field events of the last month, if anyone is a big enough fan to buy a season ticket with Brown in charge, they are a big enough fan to put up with non-season ticket holders getting a few cheap tickets. No one (& I presume I include you in this) is asking for non ST holders to do better financially over the course of a season, it’s just a few games in a time when home fixtures are concentrated.

It doesn’t take a genius to realise that we have a rare period of momentum but with Christmas coming up, cash can be tight, so anyway the club can get a few more folk through the turnstiles, the better.

Make sure you send that email to Colin BS, fair play to you

I think, given off the field events of the last month, if anyone is a big enough fan to buy a season ticket with Brown in charge, they are a big enough fan to put up with non-season ticket holders getting a few cheap tickets. No one (& I presume I include you in this) is asking for non ST holders to do better financially over the course of a season, it’s just a few games in a time when home fixtures are concentrated.

It doesn’t take a genius to realise that we have a rare period of momentum but with Christmas coming up, cash can be tight, so anyway the club can get a few more folk through the turnstiles, the better.

Make sure you send that email to Colin BS, fair play to you

I can honestly say that my only motive for the 2 proposals I have put in this thread is for the club to get benefit at a time when interest is growing.

I'm not looking to save any money for myself, or see one group of spectators get things cheaper than another.

I don't think there is any cause for any bad feeling anywhere on this thread (not a dig at you) between anyone, we all want the same thing at he end of the day - to benefit Port Vale.

However, I will say (and again, this is not directed at you Yukon) that given that previous personal information has been seized on and attacked by a couple of people I am not prepared to answer Martino's post on contacting Vale, or discuss my own season ticket and match ticket purchase. It really isn't about me.

There is an opportunity here I feel, and this is a rare moment when spirits are very high and the 'buzz' is growing - let's use it to get maximum benefit for Port Vale longer term in terms of support building.

I can honestly say that my only motive for the 2 proposals I have put in this thread is for the club to get benefit at a time when interest is growing.

I'm not looking to save any money for myself, or see one group of spectators get things cheaper than another.

I don't think there is any cause for any bad feeling anywhere on this thread (not a dig at you) between anyone, we all want the same thing at he end of the day - to benefit Port Vale.

However, I will say (and again, this is not directed at you Yukon) that given that previous personal information has been seized on and attacked by a couple of people I am not prepared to answer Martino's post on contacting Vale, or discuss my own season ticket and match ticket purchase. It really isn't about me.

There is an opportunity here I feel, and this is a rare moment when spirits are very high and the 'buzz' is growing - let's use it to get maximum benefit for Port Vale longer term in terms of support building.

I genuinely didn’t know if you were a season ticket holder or not, so I didnt know whether you’d benefit or not, it was just a good point you raised.

We are at a point now where any griping about a few quid saved by non-ST holders is pure pettiness. Aspo & his team deserve as many people getting behind them as possible if they’re going to build on their start & turn this situation around.

WOW! ��

I know you moan your bag off normally about everything but I’m exceptionally impressed you came out with that line. Hopefully everyone will think like that moving forwards.

I moan with the best of them, your good self included. We differ. Doesn't affect anything come Sat. Right behind the lads and watching/listening any old way. Not huffing about "falling out of love", lack of change, and finding better things to do on a Sat. Satdee is Vale.

Archived