Advert

Advert

Home games

Bea Smith

Advert

We need to concentrate on people who don't go

With all due respect the 4000 who do go they will go anyway so stuff them

Let's think out of the box for the new fans

15 quid for each game from now to end of season but for gods sake advertise like crazy and get into schools and around the youth football games Sunday morning

We don't make any effort to attract the non belivers

Stuff the people that always put money into the club? 😂

No it would be best to incentivise them and their friends who don’t attend at the same time for the long term.

It's no use except for casual walk ups and casual walk ups won't know anything about it. Waste of time unless you do it every match and make it clear you can pay cash (with the right change). Have to agree with Earle. Now you can get tickets online this is a silly idea. Achieves nothing at probably a lot of extra cost. Casual walk ups can still get a ticket in the office. So long as there are not so big queues this is not a problem.

I tend to just buy a cheap ticket from a bloke in the pub before the game.
No you don't you head. Why don't you just crap off and leave this place for Vale fans, who may differ in opinion but are Vale fans. Rather than people using google to try and pretend they are. You make Earle and Bea seem like long lost loved friends. Go away.

It's no use except for casual walk ups and casual walk ups won't know anything about it. Waste of time unless you do it every match and make it clear you can pay cash (with the right change). Have to agree with Earle. Now you can get tickets online this is a silly idea. Achieves nothing at probably a lot of extra cost. Casual walk ups can still get a ticket in the office. So long as there are not so big queues this is not a problem.

You have to make it as easy as possible for customers to give you money if you want to be a successful business. I stopped once at a local butchers on my way home from work. I wanted to make a contactless payment but I hadn't spent £10. Luckily I had enough cash but I pass the place 10 times a week and haven't been back since. I use another local butcher who will take any form of money in any amount. He even had my change collection from me as it saved him going to the bank.

The problem with admission to a football match is that lots of people want to arrive within a short period of time, entry can be speeded up with season tickets, people buying in advance, even an automatic entry system. Cash entry is faster at a turnstile with the correct money and for adults only. If gates increase changes will have to be made, in addition to the 10 match tickets, over to the CEO

I know its easy to say people should buy a ticket before and so on, but sometimes people don't decide till late on that they are going for various reason. So IMO They need to make it as easy as possible across as many turnstiles as they can to cover all eventualities, where they will be able to accept cash, card and ticket entry.

You have to make it as easy as possible for customers to give you money if you want to be a successful business. I stopped once at a local butchers on my way home from work. I wanted to make a contactless payment but I hadn't spent £10. Luckily I had enough cash but I pass the place 10 times a week and haven't been back since. I use another local butcher who will take any form of money in any amount. He even had my change collection from me as it saved him going to the bank.

It seems petty, but it's true. In the past, I've avoided certain shops just because they charge 50p for card payments, or don't do them at all. I bet a lot of other people avoid places because of tiny inconveniences like that too. It needs to be as simple as possible, & the attitude from the club needs to be more like 'anything for the customer', rather than rejecting ideas & feedback from the fans. We are the most important aspect of Port Vale, as without our interest & funding, it would die. At present, we're definitely not treated as such.

Aside from the marketing/communication, there are so many errors or hurdles in the way Vale do business on a day to day basis, from typos or incorrect/out of date information on social media & their website, to things like methods of payment. I think the club is very slowly being updated & dragged into the modern way of doing things, but we still have a long way to go.

I know its easy to say people should buy a ticket before and so on, but sometimes people don't decide till late on that they are going for various reason. So IMO They need to make it as easy as possible across as many turnstiles as they can to cover all eventualities, where they will be able to accept cash, card and ticket entry.

Exactly. We have a friend who comes the pub with us before every single home game, & literally decides there & then if he's going or not most weeks.

The problem with admission to a football match is that lots of people want to arrive within a short period of time, entry can be speeded up with season tickets, people buying in advance, even an automatic entry system. Cash entry is faster at a turnstile with the correct money and for adults only. If gates increase changes will have to be made, in addition to the 10 match tickets, over to the CEO

I think we should look at improving the pre-match experience at Vale Park so people aren't so desperate to stay in the pub right up until kick off. That fanzone thing they did for kids a few matches ago seemed like a decent idea but I don't know how it was in practice.

A buzz around winning 3 measly games in league 2? Good god, have we sunk this low?

I am more relieved than buzzing and yes Aspo is doing a good job but Brown had made the team unwatchable.

Totally agree, I remember us being being poor at the end of Foyle’s reign and bad under Glover, Sinnott and Gannon etc but Brown’s reign was utterly abysmal, no results and no performances!

Sent from my iPhone using the onevalefan mobile app

Not everyone can, not everyone wants to. You shouldn't have to pay extra to go to a game on the spur of the moment.

That is very true, some people have jobs where they are on-call or not always able to plan in advance every easily.

There are also many other circumstances where plans cannot be made long in advance, for instance in the last few days I have been visiting someone in hospital and will only be able to go to this weekends game if things are fine there, so cannot buy in advance.

Those that travel longer distances may sometimes be affected by weather or transport issues (trains have been bad lately) and there are lots of other reasons why a decision can only be made on the day for some.

Archived