onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Home games

Bea Smith

Maybe I am out of touch because I thought fans had stopped going because of the poor performances. What excuse do fans need now?

I'm totally aware that its not cheap to go and watch the Vale, but they were willing to pay to attend previously.

You get fans who can't go every game and have other commitments you have others who are 50/50 about going. Doing an offer on the games will help sway more fans to come.

We've improved but remember we're still near bottom of league 2 that's nothing to be proud about, we need every incentive possible.

Advert

You get fans who can't go every game and have other commitments you have others who are 50/50 about going. Doing an offer on the games will help sway more fans to come.

We've improved but remember we're still near bottom of league 2 that's nothing to be proud about, we need every incentive possible.

Might even get some fans who are reluctant to go to Vale Park because of Norm. Stranger things do happen :wink:

Maybe I am out of touch because I thought fans had stopped going because of the poor performances. What excuse do fans need now?

I'm totally aware that its not cheap to go and watch the Vale, but they were willing to pay to attend previously.

There could be many reasons why fans stop coming, we may never know the full extent of their disillusionment or the cause.

However as a novel idea why not try to attract others? People who aren't quite fans... yet. New blood perhaps? Tomorrows fans? Tomorrows money?

Its always easier to ride a horse that's up and running, so to speak. The more people you get to buy the product the more you have a chance of keeping when the horse takes a rest.

Football is much bigger than the product on the field, many many clubs would have folded if it was simply about what/who/how a team plays... it has a lot to do with how it makes you feel when a team, your team wins... or loses for that matter.

Do we have enough people who want to call Port Vale their team?

Ive seen businesses fail because the person setting it up rents space to work, buys the tools needed then sit back and wait for the phone to ring or for people to walk through the door... even with a great product/service you have to put it out there.

There could be many reasons why fans stop coming, we may never know the full extent of their disillusionment or the cause.

However as a novel idea why not try to attract others? People who aren't quite fans... yet. New blood perhaps? Tomorrows fans? Tomorrows money?

Its always easier to ride a horse that's up and running, so to speak. The more people you get to buy the product the more you have a chance of keeping when the horse takes a rest.

Football is much bigger than the product on the field, many many clubs would have folded if it was simply about what/who/how a team plays... it has a lot to do with how it makes you feel when a team, your team wins... or loses for that matter.

Do we have enough people who want to call Port Vale their team?

Ive seen businesses fail because the person setting it up rents space to work, buys the tools needed then sit back and wait for the phone to ring or for people to walk through the door... even with a great product/service you have to put it out there.

You only have to look at the thread 'How Do We Compete With This' to see that we can never stand still because of whats going on at Stoke in their desire to try and woo new and old fans. I'm disappointed in myself for intitially replying to the troll on here (not you Geo) but in another concerted effort to be awkward and to derail a thread their ignorance and lack of knowledge shows through and is frankly embarrassing.

I've said many times on here that we should be combining our momentum on the pitch, with ticket offers. Too many times in the past, we've done a ticket deal for games that often attract a low crowd. It's a short-term win, bringing people who are short-term stayaways, and the increased revenues are small and won't be sustained.

The opportunity to get a big crowd in, 'build a buzz' and tempt long-term stayaways has been missed time and time again with a ticket offer for a match people actually want to see. This may not have any major short-term benefit, but if successful could start to drag fans back in from the cold.

It's all about ambition and the strategy for the club. I won't be holding my breath on this one. But do write to Colin Garlick, he does reply!

Cash turnstiles to be introdcued for this weekends game:

https://www.port-vale.co.uk/news/201...-swindon-town/

We are introducing cash turnstiles this weekend for the fixture at Vale Park against the visiting Swindon Town.

For the upcoming game this weekend at home to Swindon Town, we are introducing a cash turnstile in each stand of the ground.

This cash turnstile will sell tickets at the normal price of £22. Further, this turnstile will admit supporters already with their tickets including season tickets.

Please note, to pay on the day you will need the correct cash.

Cash turnstiles to be introdcued for this weekends game:

https://www.port-vale.co.uk/news/201...-swindon-town/

We are introducing cash turnstiles this weekend for the fixture at Vale Park against the visiting Swindon Town.

For the upcoming game this weekend at home to Swindon Town, we are introducing a cash turnstile in each stand of the ground.

This cash turnstile will sell tickets at the normal price of £22. Further, this turnstile will admit supporters already with their tickets including season tickets.

Please note, to pay on the day you will need the correct cash.

Good idea having the cash turnstiles.

I've said many times on here that we should be combining our momentum on the pitch, with ticket offers. Too many times in the past, we've done a ticket deal for games that often attract a low crowd. It's a short-term win, bringing people who are short-term stayaways, and the increased revenues are small and won't be sustained.

The opportunity to get a big crowd in, 'build a buzz' and tempt long-term stayaways has been missed time and time again with a ticket offer for a match people actually want to see. This may not have any major short-term benefit, but if successful could start to drag fans back in from the cold.

It's all about ambition and the strategy for the club. I won't be holding my breath on this one. But do write to Colin Garlick, he does reply!

I know multi-game ticket offers have largely failed in the past but that’s no reason not to try new ones. This is vital to the long term success of the club.

A ‘bring a mate to increase the gate’ promotion which incentivise a ST holder, a casual / new fan and the club is definitely the way to go for me as would be a free ticket promotion in schools for kids and dads focusing on one or two different schools in north staffs initially ever home game.

Sent from my iPhone using the onevalefan mobile app

We need to concentrate on people who don't go

With all due respect the 4000 who do go they will go anyway so stuff them

Let's think out of the box for the new fans

15 quid for each game from now to end of season but for gods sake advertise like crazy and get into schools and around the youth football games Sunday morning

We don't make any effort to attract the non belivers

Archived