onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Alnwick

Robbie Earle's Perm

Advert

Shame his judgement was significantly flawed on Hooper, Forrester and Campion amongst others then.

There are 250,000 reasons why they were worth the risk. Risks this club hadn't taken in as long as I can remember. Also about 12 months ago when Hooper went out on loan there was uproar on here from many about letting him go to Northampton. Hindsight is a wonderful thing isn't it. Campion was quite a popular figure on here when he wasn't playing also.

The version of the story I heard was that Smurthwaite told Page he could get him Alnwick if he wanted but Page was skeptical as to whether he actually could. Maybe the moral of the story is that the best way of getting the chairman to put his hand in his pocket is by using reverse psychology.

Smurthwaite himself said that this is what happened. (So probably a load of old ballcocks then.) Nothing whatsoever to do with Page not wanting him or preferring to keep faith with Sam.

Smurthwaite himself said that this is what happened. (So probably a load of old ballcocks then.) Nothing whatsoever to do with Page not wanting him or preferring to keep faith with Sam.

To be fair, you were one of the posters who berated me for sharing that Brown had lost the dressing room in August (After the crawley win too) and I was accused of stirring and making rumours up. I am only saying what I was told by a player.

Have you got a quote from Smurf to back that up?

Whilst accepting that Scottish Football is not what it was, to have the opportunity to play for Rangers must have been a more than tempting offer. I don’t imagine he thought he would be a permanent unused sub when he moved. To berate him for moving for fiscal reasons is a little harsh. After all, didn’t Pope do exactly the same 2 years ago ?

Whilst accepting that Scottish Football is not what it was, to have the opportunity to play for Rangers must have been a more than tempting offer. I don’t imagine he thought he would be a permanent unused sub when he moved. To berate him for moving for fiscal reasons is a little harsh. After all, didn’t Pope do exactly the same 2 years ago ?

At least Pope played. He’s gone with little or chance of being anything more than number 2 and that’s sad.

Sent from my iPhone using the onevalefan mobile app

There are 250,000 reasons why they were worth the risk. Risks this club hadn't taken in as long as I can remember. Also about 12 months ago when Hooper went out on loan there was uproar on here from many about letting him go to Northampton. Hindsight is a wonderful thing isn't it. Campion was quite a popular figure on here when he wasn't playing also.

I thought all 3 were/are hopeless personally, but I suppose it's a game of opinions as the cliché goes.

Hooper was criticised far more than praised on here, you are mistaken, Campion was absolute rubbish - your defence of the chairman interfering and signing these players is plain daft.

If the £8k for Hooper had been spent on a goalkeeper in January we might be in a different division now, thank you Norman.

Whilst Pope did indeed play for Bury, a high percentage of his appearances were from the bench. He was not a regular starter by any means. By his own admission, he moved for the money. Which of course is why every player moves, no matter how they might try to disguise it. Never think players are loyal to your club. The only thing they are loyal to is there back pocket.

Whilst Pope did indeed play for Bury, a high percentage of his appearances were from the bench. He was not a regular starter by any means. By his own admission, he moved for the money. Which of course is why every player moves, no matter how they might try to disguise it. Never think players are loyal to your club. The only thing they are loyal to is there back pocket.

I think it is fair to point out that Tom Pope didn't just go for a rise at Bury, but thanks to Smurf he was facing a pay cut if he stayed at Vale.

Not many players with a young family could turn down a choice like that, and he isn't on as much now at Vale as he was at Bury.

Forrester needs a run of games if he can get his body through them, there is definitely a player there if he can.

Sent from my iPhone using the onevalefan mobile app

He will never get a run of games, as his body can't cope with a run of games. Last goal August 2016. He was a poor signing I'm afraid, which is sad for him but unfortunately factual.

Archived