onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Matchday Thread: Exeter City v Port Vale

Fosse69

As the journey continues with a long trip and a steep hurdle what do we fear? Aspin will have sussed them out and prepared accordingly. Whether we have progressed enough we will find out, if not, part of the learning curve. But after their heavy home defeat against promotion rivals, how will they react? As for us gone are the massive team changes, so maybe the odd tweak. I fancy a draw.

Advert

Absolutely nothing to fear in this league. Anyone can beat anyone on any given day, as has been proven with results over the season.

As long as we put the effort in again as we have the last 2 games, we will be in with a shout. Just got to keep working hard, and judging by our form since he took over, Aspin wont allow any different.

Still a long way to go, but things are looking much better than a week or 2 ago.

I'm not expecting anything from this game, despite recent wins this is still very very tough.

By the same token I'm also not worried if we do lose this. 6 points from the previous two games has put us on the right path regardless and feel more confident we can start to chip away at our points target now.

This league is proving any team on the night can beat each other. FGR did it against Coventry. Who would have put money on that one.

This will be a tough game, but have a growing confidence, like the players, we could go out and beat them. Looking forward to matches again, rather than oh god another match we will loose 1-0.

It wouldn't surprise me if we sell our section out before the end of the week after last night. We haven't received all that many tickets as they are only operating with one end and one side open due to ground redevelopments.

Yeah, going to reserve a ticket I think, not risking it as I'm booked on a coach. 350 tickets available in that stand, glad it's the good one rather than the shed end though.

Here's what we're up against:

http://www.skysports.com/football/exeter-vs-luton/374230

Exeter hit the post after 13 seconds and, despite conceding, must have wondered how they didn't go in at half time three or four up. As it was, they conceded three in 10 minutes shortly after the break and never recovered. My guess is they'll be desperate to put things straight on Satdee, so we're in for a real battle - just as Aspo likes it!

I'd accept a point but the last couple of games tell me we can win this. Big ask just three games into Aspo's reign but you never know. C'mon the Vale - we can do it! :woot: :keepup: :thepope:

Archived