onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Delusion is destroying vale..

Guest Stonelad@valepark

Advert

Guest Stonelad@valepark

I'm not a kid at all just look at the reality of the situation at Port Vale... Bringing in people that left 18 years ago, one that has not managed in the football league and a ex manager / football director that hasn't had anything to do with vale since going to Sjoke....

I'm not a kid at all just look at the reality of the situation at Port Vale... Bringing in people that left 18 years ago, one that has not managed in the football league and a ex manager / football director that hasn't had anything to do with vale since going to Sjoke....

We'll just have to see how things pan out. We can hardly sack the bloke after one game.

Guest Stonelad@valepark

I never said anything about sacking anyone I just think Port vale fans need realise because he was a good player doesn't make him a good manager.... Alex Ferguson couldn't scrap a win with that bunch of no hopers....

I never said anything about sacking anyone I just think Port vale fans need realise because he was a good player doesn't make him a good manager.... Alex Ferguson couldn't scrap a win with that bunch of no hopers....

Yes he could. A good manager will make the best of his resources. Brown didn’t. How many games have you actually seen this season?

As may be judged from my length of membership, offset by total lack of postings, it is rare I feel compelled to air my views.

Maybe it is because I have had a bottle of cheap wine on the train up from London tonight (in order to attend tomorrow's game), that I can be bothered to respond.

But I have to say: what dross the OP is spouting.

Sounds like a Joke fan in disguise. If that is the case, don't waste time on here mate that you could otherwise be using to eat pies or find an internet site that will show you tomorrow's game, whilst you are sat in your arm chair.

And my parting note: I believe in this management team. I've watched every interview with Aspin over the last week and a half and the man speaks very rationally. He has been overlooked by other league clubs in recent years past, despite a solid record. If you look at his win percentage on aggregate, it is similar to Micky Adams and other managers with a few promotions under their belt. Unlike Adams (whom I admire greatly, for the record) his stats show a surprising longevity in jobs. If history is to repeat itself, we've got a good manager on our hands, who will bring reasonable success and who will be here for a while to come.

I believe non-league football is professional enough nowadays that experience there will transcend comfortably into the football league.

Rudgie will probs do one or two years, to support him until Aspin feels the stabilizers can be removed. The man is 72 after all.

What the hell anyway. I've been going down Vale now for 26 years (I'm 30) without a break. I've loved every minute... been of course frustrated at times... and I wouldn't bemoan a minute or penny spent on them. It is part of my identity and Port Vale is synonymous with those who know me. As supporters, we are the club.

Norman is a problem. I cannot deny that. I feel uneasy with him as owner... But I like to think Rudge will be able to manager that relationship and shield Aspin from his bipolar madness.

Original Poster: go to hell; if you are a Vale fan (which I doubt you are), you ought to reflect on your disgusting words.

Stonelad yer a narner really for thinking the way you do

We are as I’ve stated on other threads before not Real Madrid we haven’t got the rights to a well known manager knocking at our door we’re Vale down in the doldrums just get real aspo is as good as we get but at the same time he needed a league club now for his step up after his long spell in non-league and where better than Vale to give it a go

He will be a good manager he loves vale and us fans and that’s a good way to start

Get yer san up the vale again we will win tomorrow no doubt in that then that’s when the comeback starts

Sent from my iPhone using the onevalefan mobile app

Whilst I don't agree with the original poster's argument, its quite disheartening, at a time when Aspin, Rudge, Smurf, everyone is calling for 'unity', to see the vitriol levelled at a bloke who's lost his love for the Vale.

I have come very close to losing any connection I have to the club. The past 2 weeks have rekindled something but I'm nowhere near where I used to be.

Some great points made by people on here but telling a lad to "go to hell" isn't great and doesn't really fit with the "united, everyone's positive" consensus we all seem to be going for.

Just calm it down. The lad's had his love killed by the clown in the boardroom. I hope Stonelad can get himself back to Vale Park at some point, but if this is the reaction people give him, then we're hardly going to regain the fans who, for various reasons, have packed it in.

Guest Stonelad@valepark

Op is spouting" and I'm a joke fan because I don't say what you want me to say????? grow up... My first ever game was 1988 in the fa cup with my dad I was 3 years of age and didn't miss a game until I went in the forces!!, I had a season ticket for 15 years and been all over the Country with the Vale being one of noisest to stick up for any manager... But last year and this year as been a disgrace to football and I wasn't paying my money to that ******* in the Seat... If you want to watch **** and waste your money on that ********* be my guest but we will not go anywhere that parasite in the seat... You can call me names all you want but I'm entitled to be utterly disgusted at the way we have been run and the way the happy clappers still waste their money on this pile of ****..... Aspo was and his very close to our family because of my dad being his gardener for 10 years I used to get shirts and programmes all the time and I know he's a good bloke and was the iron in our defence but doesn't make him an amazing manager!!, and due to failure after failure do not blame me for being pissed off, Angry and ashamed to support vale at the moment....

Op is spouting" and I'm a joke fan because I don't say what you want me to say????? grow up... My first ever game was 1988 in the fa cup with my dad I was 3 years of age and didn't miss a game until I went in the forces!!, I had a season ticket for 15 years and been all over the Country with the Vale being one of noisest to stick up for any manager... But last year and this year as been a disgrace to football and I wasn't paying my money to that ******* in the Seat... If you want to watch **** and waste your money on that ********* be my guest but we will not go anywhere that parasite in the seat... You can call me names all you want but I'm entitled to be utterly disgusted at the way we have been run and the way the happy clappers still waste their money on this pile of ****..... Aspo was and his very close to our family because of my dad being his gardener for 10 years I used to get shirts and programmes all the time and I know he's a good bloke and was the iron in our defence but doesn't make him an amazing manager!!, and due to failure after failure do not blame me for being pissed off, Angry and ashamed to support vale at the moment....

Don't worry mate. I can see where you're coming from completely and the response by some of the people on here is completely unjustified. You have every right to be angry at the way the club's run, and withhold your money from Smurf (wish I had the balls to do it myself).

I too have struggled with my love for the club. I hope you can find it again. Pay no notice of the "true fan, I go regardless, you're a stoke fan, go to hell, holier than thou" types on here.

Guest Stonelad@valepark

Thank you I'm a well none character up the Vale and a lot of people know me for being true... I'm just so angry at the way we have been treated as fans... the last straw for me was Bolton away and bury that's when I knew we had made a colossal **** up because of that arrogant ***** in the seat....

every game up to this season I wasn't wasting my money on that ****...

So you are making judgements about the squad without having seen any of them play? You’re entitled to your opinion, mate, but it would have more credibility if it was based on evidence.

Archived