onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

FA Cup Draw

Tomo

Advert

Awful draw against one of the top teams in league 1, Oxford are in really good form and one of the favourites to finish in the top 6 come the end of the season. They spent quite a bit in the summer and in last 2 weeks won 4 - 1 at Peterborough and away at Bristol Rovers at the weekend.

Any chance of winning we are going have to be at our best and Oxford to have an off day, hopefully they will make plenty of changes.

When people say they would sooner draw a better team and can concentrate on the league, never understand this, don't want just a relegation battle to enjoy for the rest of the season.

Awful draw against one of the top teams in league 1, Oxford are in really good form and one of the favourites to finish in the top 6 come the end of the season. They spent quite a bit in the summer and in last 2 weeks won 4 - 1 at Peterborough and away at Bristol Rovers at the weekend.

Any chance of winning we are going have to be at our best and Oxford to have an off day, hopefully they will make plenty of changes.

When people say they would sooner draw a better team and can concentrate on the league, never understand this, don't want just a relegation battle to enjoy for the rest of the season.

Great draw chance to show what we can do. I remember us beating them 3-2 in a Monday night replay back in the 60s good memory let's repeat it. Jimmy Hill scored a left footer from an acute angle think it was 1967 but can't be certain

There is one team I have never heard of, Shaw Lane AFC from level 7 who play in Barnsley. They were only formed in 2012 and have had 5 promotions in 7 seasons, first time ever for them in the 1st Round proper of the FA Cup - what a cracker that would be !

I cant find the capacity of the Sheerian Park ground but the main stand seats 150, the away end 200 so its likely under or around 800-1000 in total.

Their record gate was at their old ground and was 904 but not sure if the new ground where they moved this season can hold that many.

East Thurrock United, Chorley and Nantwich all need replays, but are small sides. As are Truro and Oxford City, both through.

Any of those away would probably get us a TV slot.

Some strong non-league sides in there - I would rather have Forest Green at home for example than a trip to somewhere like Aldershot, Dover, Macc, Dagenham or Leyton Orient, or Sutton United.

Also I am not sure our revival is quite ready for a trip to Wigan, Rotherham or similar.

My psychic tip - VALE to play CREWE ! (which would make 4 games at least against them this season).

Shaw Lane Aquaforce are in the same division as Stafford Rangers, they are not popular in the division....

Sent from my Moto G (5) using the onevalefan mobile app

Great draw chance to show what we can do. I remember us beating them 3-2 in a Monday night replay back in the 60s good memory let's repeat it. Jimmy Hill scored a left footer from an acute angle think it was 1967 but can't be certain
Nov 65, we were in the 4th, Oxford`s first season in the 3rd and had reached the 6th round a couple of years before, the first 4th Div team to do so. So not to be sniffed at then, however have never done so since.

Archived