onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

England talk

TylerB

Friendlies are completely pointless and should be consigned to the rubbish bin. Nothing positive ever comes out of them from a playing point of view. In fact I’d go as far as to say they cloud the issue further as caps are handed out like confetti to players who will rarely play competitive games, whilst wasting the few opportunities the national team has to play together. We need a strong minded manager who knows his strongest team and doesn’t pander to the media and alleged public pressure. But we have proven failure Southgate. So yet again there is only one outcome at a major finals. The usual abject failure.

Completely agree - when players say they cant cope with so many games, why give them even more and put out teams which will be nothing like the ones that play in the finals.

When the opponents in these games are also not putting out their usual side, nothing can be learned from them either.

Of course, the entire club programme is damaged - and no League Show on TV, and for what ?

Advert

Usual trash talk following the Germany & Brazil friendlies. We played two teams who hadn’t even engaged first gear, let alone got out of it. Usual endless changes and what did we learn ? We can’t score against better teams.

Absolutely nowt to look forward again next summer presently.

Sent from my iPhone using the onevalefan mobile app

Usual trash talk following the Germany & Brazil friendlies. We played two teams who hadn’t even engaged first gear, let alone got out of it. Usual endless changes and what did we learn ? We can’t score against better teams.

I'm usually extremely negative about england however I thought we impressed against Brazil. We clearly are nowhere near that level but we defended excellently. You say they don't get out of First gear, but neither did we. We had numerous players out and had many players playing on debut or very young and inexperienced. I thought we were decent, loftus cheek was excellent against Germany and Gomez against Brazil as well as Pickford, McGuire, stones and trippier all impressing.

If we can defend as well as that we will be ok, we need to be much more creative though and try to hurt teams on the break. To be fair again we missed most of our best attacking players.

With Southgates 7-2-1 formation, i cant ever see us scoring a goal again while he's manager of England.

Its not just one match though is it. This England side is one of the worst weve had..But hey we just drew with the Germans and Brazil.

Correct,we just drew with the best two teams in the world and kept two clean sheets,that's got to be a positive surely,especially when you look at Brazil's front three?

I have been one of those who have been mightily unimpressed with England he lastr few seasons, and not a fan of these friendlies.

However, some of the young talent coming through and showing flashes of great promise in those 2 games against Germany and Brazil gives hope for the future.

The fact they have been together at younger age levels like U-21 as well means they are not strangers to each other.

Some of the 'rested' players will be slightly worried about what is coming, and if we had a really brave manager (or if this one wants to show how brave he is, and if he does full credit) he would drop some of the older dross and pick he new startlets.

The only shame is that the WC is so soon, they really need another year or two to bloom fully, but it has been a long while since I have enjoyed watching England as much as in these friendlies, despite the lack of goals.

It depends if fans are negative and glass half full, yes- we failed to score but also competed with the best sides and were not intimidated by them.

Either of the teams put out in these games would not have lost to Iceland but when we get the experienced complacent players back I fear the sparkle may disappear or be snuffed out ebfote it has had a chance to really ignite.

Correct,we just drew with the best two teams in the world and kept two clean sheets,that's got to be a positive surely,especially when you look at Brazil's front three?

But we beat France, Germany and Portugual in friendlies in the build up to the last Euros. So your point is?

Archived