onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

England talk

TylerB

Advert

• 2 weeks later...

England did well and could have won the game.

Pickford looked great. Maguire was excellent. Stones is getting better all the time and Loftus-Cheek ran the show for us at times. Yes, Germany were missing a lot of players but so we're we when you consider the likes of Lallana, Alli, Sterling and Kane were missing.

Maguire and Loftus-Cheek looked impressive, the later looked as though he'd been playing International football for a long time.

Can't understand why Andros Townsend appears to have been abandoned by England, a player who can been a man, is direct, a good crosser of the ball and has pace. Choice between Townsend and Lingard....no brainer for me.

Maguire and Loftus-Cheek looked impressive, the later looked as though he'd been playing International football for a long time.

Can't understand why Andros Townsend appears to have been abandoned by England, a player who can been a man, is direct, a good crosser of the ball and has pace. Choice between Townsend and Lingard....no brainer for me.

Thing with Townsend is that he's not improved a a footballer whatsoever in the last 4 or 5 years. He's no better at all now than he was when he was playing the odd game for Spurs. If it wasn't a one off Loftus-Cheek would be in my current England side all day long just as long as he's regularly playing football for Palace. He has a presence about him which is exactly what we've been missing in our national side.

Pickford

Walker

Stones

Jones

Maguire

Rose

Dier/Delph

Loftus-Cheek

Lallana

Rashford

Kane

Thing with Townsend is that he's not improved a a footballer whatsoever in the last 4 or 5 years. He's no better at all now than he was when he was playing the odd game for Spurs. If it wasn't a one off Loftus-Cheek would be in my current England side all day long just as long as he's regularly playing football for Palace. He has a presence about him which is exactly what we've been missing in our national side.

Pickford

Walker

Stones

Jones

Maguire

Rose

Dier/Delph

Loftus-Cheek

Lallana

Rashford

Kane

That side bar Kane is dreadful, it really is. We're a million miles behind teams like Germany and France.

That side bar Kane is dreadful, it really is. We're a million miles behind teams like Germany and France.

It's far from great. But you're just mad because there's not an Arsenal player in sight. :laugh:

If we accept that we're nothing but a decent side and be realistic, and also play to our strengths as a counter-attacking team, we just might surprise a few teams.

Lallana is gash, shouldn't be playing for England and don't get me started on Henderson.

I thought we looked decent last night and dangerous in parts. Vardy made some good runs and will cause chaos against the best in the world, Loftus-Cheek was quality and hopefully he will be able to replicate last night every time he puts on an England shirt.

Why were we playing in blue?

Thing with Townsend is that he's not improved a a footballer whatsoever in the last 4 or 5 years. He's no better at all now than he was when he was playing the odd game for Spurs.

Interesting point, however, when he was at Spurs/loan at QPR he played games for England and got us over the line and qualified for the Euros or the World Cup (I can't remember which one) he looked a really good player, a match winner. At Spurs he appeared to lose out to Erik Lamela, at Newcastle he did well from what I can remember in a team that got relegated and for Palace he looks good most of the time.

Perhaps he has suffered in that he's never got established in a top team, is this a consequence that he can flit in and out of games as most wingers do, is it the competition with overseas players, is it the wing back tactics England employ?, but for me he's a match winner who should always be at least on the bench.

Friendlies are completely pointless and should be consigned to the rubbish bin. Nothing positive ever comes out of them from a playing point of view. In fact I’d go as far as to say they cloud the issue further as caps are handed out like confetti to players who will rarely play competitive games, whilst wasting the few opportunities the national team has to play together. We need a strong minded manager who knows his strongest team and doesn’t pander to the media and alleged public pressure. But we have proven failure Southgate. So yet again there is only one outcome at a major finals. The usual abject failure.

Archived