TylerB

England talk

And yet you put Wilshire in your team who can’t even get a game in his team and that Bournemouth didn’t want back. Shows how abysmal our squad is.

Sent from my iPhone using the onevalefan mobile app

I included Wilshere on the basis that he's back playing regularly for Arsenal. At his very best he still walks into the current England team in midfield.

I certainly wouldn't say we have an abysmal squad of players either. We have a lot of talent and quality in the forward areas if used correctly. The main issue is that our players for one reason or another just seem unable to perform how they do every week for their respective clubs.

Csnt play Henderson and Dier together , too negative. Dier has been awful in the last few games.

Sterling is awful on a regular basis, need Lallana back, who has a brain.

Alli is a child and needs some serious work on his attitude.

Both keepers are good enough.

Need Rose back playing with Walker as wing backs.

Centre backs are accidents waiting to happen.

At least we have one of the best strikers in Kane with Rashford also coming on nicely.

I included Wilshere on the basis that he's back playing regularly for Arsenal. At his very best he still walks into the current England team in midfield.

I certainly wouldn't say we have an abysmal squad of players either. We have a lot of talent and quality in the forward areas if used correctly. The main issue is that our players for one reason or another just seem unable to perform how they do every week for their respective clubs.

Main reason is they are surrounded by better players and better coaches every week for their clubs.

It would be a risk worth taking if Shelvy was any good. He's good a decent long pass on him but is so unreliable. Not England standard imo.

Neither is Henderson but he has been captain!

I don't expect us to beat either Germany or Brazil in the next two matches but I believe the performances will be much better against two teams who will actually attack us and open the game up.I believe we have players with pace to hit them on the break.

Csnt play Henderson and Dier together , too negative. Dier has been awful in the last few games.

Sterling is awful on a regular basis, need Lallana back, who has a brain.

Alli is a child and needs some serious work on his attitude.

Both keepers are good enough.

Need Rose back playing with Walker as wing backs.

Centre backs are accidents waiting to happen.

At least we have one of the best strikers in Kane with Rashford also coming on nicely.

I suppose playing both Dier and Henderson is to insure we don't concede but it it's not very pleasing on the eye when we keep playing backwards and sideways.We are desperately short of a midfield player who is capable of running though from the halfway line.

I don't expect us to beat either Germany or Brazil in the next two matches but I believe the performances will be much better against two teams who will actually attack us and open the game up.I believe we have players with pace to hit them on the break.

That logic has never worked when we've come up against a good team in a tournament?

That logic has never worked when we've come up against a good team in a tournament?

There's always a first time,let's see how we do in the next two friendlies?:thumbs:

He's far better than Shelvy.

Far better? I beg to differ. He doesn't score goals, he doesn't make goals and he is in a Liverpool team with a ropey defence so he doesn't seem to stop them either. What exactly is his role??

There's always a first time,let's see how we do in the next two friendlies?:thumbs:

We beat France, Germany and Portugual in friendlies in the build up to the last Euros.

Far better? I beg to differ. He doesn't score goals, he doesn't make goals and he is in a Liverpool team with a ropey defence so he doesn't seem to stop them either. What exactly is his role??

Plus hes an ex Sunderland player too..:wink:

We beat France, Germany and Portugual in friendlies in the build up to the last Euros.

Yes,I know,we also beat Australia and Turkey,as well as losing to Spain and Holland.I think Southgate will use these next two friendlies to help him determine the best system for next year,which is a lot more than Hodgson did?

Yes,I know,we also beat Australia and Turkey,as well as losing to Spain and Holland.I think Southgate will use these next two friendlies to help him determine the best system for next year,which is a lot more than Hodgson did?

Southgate my arse.

Watching England is a great solution for insomnia - people of my age will remember the old advert with the punch line ...... "they peel them with their little knives" and the little chaps falling about ******* themselves with laughter. That is how I visualise Germans watching an England Match. They fear us like I fear teenage Acne. ie something that happened a LONG LONG time ago

Complete waste of time, and it really wouldn't surprise me if England beat Brazil and /or Germany then lose to Iceland again or someone similar - Honduras perhaps ?

One thing though that really gave a smile - even if we lose every game we will still have done better than Trumps all-powerful greatest country in the world (but not quite as good as Honduras, Panama and Iran at football - and even Syria got to a playoff which was better than the mighty USA :laugh:)

It would be typical of us to do so and raise everyone’s expectations and then once again be crushed at a major tournament.

Let’s face it the excellent imports into the PL make our average English players look much better than they are hence our record over the last 6-8 years.

If you watch him for Liverpool he contributes much more both going forward and defensively than Shelvy. He's poor for England i grant that but Shelvy is nowhere near international level. He's barely good enough for the premiership.