onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

England talk

TylerB

Advert

We beat France, Germany and Portugual in friendlies in the build up to the last Euros.

Yes,I know,we also beat Australia and Turkey,as well as losing to Spain and Holland.I think Southgate will use these next two friendlies to help him determine the best system for next year,which is a lot more than Hodgson did?

Watching England is a great solution for insomnia - people of my age will remember the old advert with the punch line ...... "they peel them with their little knives" and the little chaps falling about ******* themselves with laughter. That is how I visualise Germans watching an England Match. They fear us like I fear teenage Acne. ie something that happened a LONG LONG time ago

We beat France, Germany and Portugual in friendlies in the build up to the last Euros.

Complete waste of time, and it really wouldn't surprise me if England beat Brazil and /or Germany then lose to Iceland again or someone similar - Honduras perhaps ?

One thing though that really gave a smile - even if we lose every game we will still have done better than Trumps all-powerful greatest country in the world (but not quite as good as Honduras, Panama and Iran at football - and even Syria got to a playoff which was better than the mighty USA :laugh:)

I don't expect us to beat either Germany or Brazil in the next two matches but I believe the performances will be much better against two teams who will actually attack us and open the game up.I believe we have players with pace to hit them on the break.

It would be typical of us to do so and raise everyone’s expectations and then once again be crushed at a major tournament.

Let’s face it the excellent imports into the PL make our average English players look much better than they are hence our record over the last 6-8 years.

Far better? I beg to differ. He doesn't score goals, he doesn't make goals and he is in a Liverpool team with a ropey defence so he doesn't seem to stop them either. What exactly is his role??

If you watch him for Liverpool he contributes much more both going forward and defensively than Shelvy. He's poor for England i grant that but Shelvy is nowhere near international level. He's barely good enough for the premiership.

I don't expect us to beat either Germany or Brazil in the next two matches but I believe the performances will be much better against two teams who will actually attack us and open the game up.I believe we have players with pace to hit them on the break.

We generally do well in the games against the top nations in friendlies so don't be too surprised if we beat one of them. England are a counter attacking team and so it should come to no surprise to anyone whatsoever when they look like dog **** against teams that stick 10 men behind the ball.

Oh, and I'd have Henderson over Shelvey every day of the week. Shelvey is capable of the odd good moment but on the whole he's a liability and think's he's much better than he is. Henderson does a good job for Liverpool which is why he's captain and in the side every week. Jacko would never give any praise to him whatsoever simply on the basis that he's a Mackem.

Jacko would never give any praise to him whatsoever simply on the basis that he's a Mackem.

So you might like to explain why I think the best young keeper in the Prem is Jordan Pickford? It's nowt to do with him being a mackem. I was at the Newcastle Liverpool game a couple of weeks ago. Henderson did nothing of note whilst Shelvey played the pass of the game for the Newcastle goal. I don't actually believe either of them are truly international class - I just don't see what all the fuss is about Henderson. He's a journeyman Premier League midfielder and his persistent 10 yard sidways passes are one of the reasons why England play with the tempo of a disabled snail.

It would be typical of us to do so and raise everyone’s expectations and then once again be crushed at a major tournament.

Let’s face it the excellent imports into the PL make our average English players look much better than they are hence our record over the last 6-8 years.

And there lies the problem?

Archived