Congratulations Sam Morsy.

Ah yes, the infamous ill-disciplined Sam Morsy, a 21 year old, inexperienced, defensive midfielder who picked up a bunch of yellows and one red. Rightly deemed a coward by his own manager, given the maximum fine possible, and accused by his own manager of purposefully attempting to injure a player.

Picked up a frankly disgusting 9 yellow cards and 1 red in 32 appearances. What a horrendous disciplinary record for a inexperienced defensive midfielder. Thats nearly 1 in 3! Good job we castigated him, made him feel unwanted, and lost him for 20k for Chesterfield. Great business.

• 1 month later...

I just read it as Morsy didn't get on with Adams, that's football and perhaps life in generally. Doesn't necessarily make Morsy a bad player or Adams a bad manager. I actually think Morsy was pretty decent for us, not outstanding but at the very least steady. He's one of those who's probably got better since he left.

I just read it as Morsy didn't get on with Adams, that's football and perhaps life in generally. Doesn't necessarily make Morsy a bad player or Adams a bad manager. I actually think Morsy was pretty decent for us, not outstanding but at the very least steady. He's one of those who's probably got better since he left.

Sam thought Adams went over the top with the red card. What was said in private was far worse than anything said in public. He pretty much decided to leave when Adams signed Griffiths and basically told him he felt he was a better player. He was ģetting tapped up by clubs at that point as he had been very good during the first half of the promotion season. Despite the signings after Christmas that season people forget that most of the points were earned by the team assembled while we were in administration and Sam was a key part of that.

• 2 years later...
On 19/01/2018 at 14:59, philpvfc said:

Sam Morsy was one of our best players at the time and was treated poorly by Adams. He did get too many cards but that was his style of play. He’d walk in to our team now.

If he had stayed until the Normless era he would have been sold to the first bidder for peanuts anyway. 

Morsy is the only one of our midfielders of the last 20 years that might have got a game in Rudgies teams of the 90s. The Rochdale player who he fouled to be sent off ,which upset MA deserved it after a brutal assault on JMW earlier in the game.

I`m glad to see he is doing well and hope he can help to keep Wigan up at you know who`s expense.

• Like 2

• 6 months later...