onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Just for Now...

Yukon

... can we all pull together. Two men who epitomise the spirit of the great 90’s team are on board and for all his faults Normski appointed them.

Before anyone calls this a happy clapper post, it’s not. This is last chance saloon for Smurf in anyone’s but the most blinkered eyes. (Credit to Stupers for train of thought).

On this occasion, and for the first time, he’s gone large and cleared out the entire coaching staff, giving Aspo a clear run at it. If for some reason the new management team don’t cut the mustard, the owner has nowhere to hide- this isn’t plan B, my working out makes it plan D! If Aspo and Sir John fail on their mission he has tried everything and still blown it.

In any case Neil Aspin and John Rudge deserve our respect and our patience. If you’d asked me the two people that sum up the spirit of this club, then it’s those two. I was lucky, I had the pleasure of them both the first time around and I pray the younger generation gets a hundredth of the pleaure from them that us older fans did in the past, in the future.

“Neil Aspin’s black ‘n’ white army...”:drool:

Advert

As I said on another thread, this is an armistice rather than the end of the war. Whether hostilities resume depends on what happens in the next few months. Norman has a lot of fences to mend with the fans; this is a good start but it can't be the end.

Feeling optimistic for the first time in a long time.I'm right behind j.r. and skully,but I just hope smurf let's them get on with the job without getting "clever" ideas.he's got a lot of amends to make and he can do it by trusting 2 professional football men to get the job done. Earn our respect and be respected in turn,Mr. Smurthwaite. Good luck to us all,c'mon Vale....

Today has put hope back into our hearts and has delivered some optimism which we have desperately lacked for a few years now. Even today its hard to believe anything Norman says. I dont believe the sunday/monday thing and the Adams advise thing either. I really think its been fans opinion that has led the way for him. But actions speak louder than words and this time he deserves credit

Though nothing has changed as far as were at risk of an absolute catastrophe. Today simply has to be the turning point, we've got to stick together and hopefully we'll get through this season still in league football

... can we all pull together. Two men who epitomise the spirit of the great 90’s team are on board and for all his faults Normski appointed them.

Before anyone calls this a happy clapper post, it’s not. This is last chance saloon for Smurf in anyone’s but the most blinkered eyes. (Credit to Stupers for train of thought).

On this occasion, and for the first time, he’s gone large and cleared out the entire coaching staff, giving Aspo a clear run at it. If for some reason the new management team don’t cut the mustard, the owner has nowhere to hide- this isn’t plan B, my working out makes it plan D! If Aspo and Sir John fail on their mission he has tried everything and still blown it.

In any case Neil Aspin and John Rudge deserve our respect and our patience. If you’d asked me the two people that sum up the spirit of this club, then it’s those two. I was lucky, I had the pleasure of them both the first time around and I pray the younger generation gets a hundredth of the pleaure from them that us older fans did in the past, in the future.

“Neil Aspin’s black ‘n’ white army...”:drool:

Very Very well put,theres a lot of threads- I started to reply to one only to cancel- This is the last roll of the dice for Norman and all related to pvfc- It will be very difficult to pull out of our current position but trust no one more than the legends installed, it may not guarantee success but will guarantee we have more personnel now with pvfc at heart with decisions being made for the best of the club and not themselves -

Norman needs to do as he says and back them in January along without any underhand innuendos and take on board the advice available- it will be tough very tough to pull us clear first and then to progress but feel we are closer to being one than for a long time and that's surely can only be positive.

I'm in for the ride , well done Norman and the off field team ,looking forward to Saturday and cheering on the onfield team

Credit to Smurf on this one. It was the only option which was likely to bring 80% of the supporters behind the club, manager and team. Should of been done at the time Adams went as even these Legends will struggle to resurrect us from this mess. Smurf must now not interfere in the running of the football side of things because if Sir John or Aspo imply that is the case Smurf will have clutched defeat from the jaws of victory. However this 57 year old was emotional yesterday when the official announcement was made. I even had my 63 year old brother shedding a tear of joy over the phone as well. Smurf has given us hope and for that I am grateful.

I'm really hoping Rudgie wil be bale to manage him, christ he managed it with Bill Bell for enough years, and he was rogue to say the least!

Bill Bell Rip was ten times the owner than smurf will ever be at least bill was as it said on the tin and that's y rudge wAs able to work for him

I fear JR AND ASPO will soon find out why VALE is now one step from the edge of oblivion lets hope they can work a miracle

Bill Bell Rip was ten times the owner than smurf will ever be at least bill was as it said on the tin and that's y rudge wAs able to work for him

I fear JR AND ASPO will soon find out why VALE is now one step from the edge of oblivion lets hope they can work a miracle

Bill Bell was far from "as it said on the tin".

Once again you you don't know what you're posting about- standard.

Archived