onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Chairman and CEO???

ELDERBEZZA

Advert

Interesting topic. It was a bit worrying to hear Martin Foyle describe the negative atmosphere around the club he experienced vs Accrington last week. I thought at least we were getting things right off the pitch but has that now gone backwards?

Unbelievable stuff from him, it really is. Like its not of his doing and he's coming back in to save the day. It beggars belief.

Just shows he 100% employed others to take the flak, then comes back to try & save the day, denying all involvement & shifting the blame. Sad thing is, it's no longer 'unbelievable'. Just another day at the circus.

Just shows he 100% employed others to take the flak, then comes back to try & save the day, denying all involvement & shifting the blame. Sad thing is, it's no longer 'unbelievable'. Just another day at the circus.

Yep its business as usual from him and it seems like he genuinely believes its not his doing. But as chairman in a small organistion like ours then the buck should stop with him.

He should either trust Garlick to get on with the job or get someone else in. But hes deluded if he thinks that fans believe hes not to blame.

Yep its business as usual from him and it seems like he genuinely believes its not his doing. But as chairman in a small organistion like ours then the buck should stop with him.

He should either trust Garlick to get on with the job or get someone else in. But hes deluded if he thinks that fans believe hes not to blame.

Employs everyone below him, then blames them all when it goes sideways & says he had no involvement. If that's not the exact definition of 'a bad workman always blames his tools', I don't know what is.

Tony Fradley has been used by Smurthwaite . It's a shame because I'm sure his heart is in the right place. But would Smurthwaite have let a younger, more dynamic, business-like person come in and act as chairman? Not a chance if there was a danger of him being made to look bad.

Fradley and Garlick can assune whatever job titles they like. Fact is according to Companies house there is only one Officer of Port Vale Football Club Limited and that is Norman Smurthwaite. His job title is listed as Chairman. Fradley and Garlick have never been Directors and the "Board" consists of Norman alone.

In this sense he's never taken a back seat.

The main things I've learnt from all this is:

1. Smurf doesn't think our current predicament is his doing

2. Smurf thinks his position with the fans is not irreparable

3. He honestly thinks fans are thick enough to think he's had nothing to do with the club since he 'took a back seat', and that the current situation is all Fradley and Garlick's fault.

As Santa has said, he's thrown Garlick and Fradley under the bus, pretending it was all their fault, so he can now announce his comeback to coincide with Aspin. Let's not be fooled.

I sincerely hope its Aspin, and we go on to have great success on the pitch. None of this changes my view that Smurf has done serious, long-term damage to Port Vale, on and off the pitch, and the immediate sale of the club to viable investors is still a priority.

I will be behind Aspin 100% but nothing changes with regards to Smurf. One obvious appointment, at the behest of the fans, can never repair the damage he's done to our league position and fanbase.

Archived