Sign in to follow this  
Ron Futchers combover

Port Vale FC

The only reason I for brown for the garbage football that was being played. Im only interested in the football being played on the pitch not the politics off the pitch.

At some point soon you might not be able to separate the two if you still want a club to go and watch.

The club was in a mess pre Smurf and its in a mess now so not sure we can blame him completely,and the promotion year under smurf was the best for many a year,I for one will keep going to support the Vale though I draw the line at Tuesday's game that seems an excuse to give the premier youngsters a bit of experience.

The club was indeed in a mess pre Smurf but he then funded the takeover of a club which was challenging strongly for promotion and was debt free. He has admitted himself that the promotion was nothing to do with him because he was not directly involved in the club until after promotion was achieved. So I think we are perfectly entitled to blame him completely for the mess the club is in now if that's OK with you.

I’ve seen that you post on here on a regular basis. And I guess that you are a port vale supporter? So why don’t you attend?

I am part of his family/friend group of 7 or 8 of us who used to go/sit together. None of us now go regularly or even at all. I think you could count the highest attendees games on the fingers of one hand over the last two seasons. We have all made our decisions independently of each other too with out any interference. That should tell you something. I stopped going because I hadn't enjoyed going for a long time and that was over two and a half years ago. It is probably difficult to whip up any enthusiasm to go again when you know you will be sitting on your own. I am comfortable away from it all and at present I feel it is unlikely that I will ever go again , certainly not this season, other things have taken up the time and are far more enjoyable. I also feel a lot of frustration with the fans . In fact Andy was physically attacked by two so called Vale fans for daring to carry a banner saying V2001 out!! Memories are short and it has happened all over again with Tim becoming the whipping boy (I haven't seen anyone apologise to him yet). I wont be joining the protests this time , there is little point, but I do have a black and gold scarf for sale.

I've still got your badge. I just need to cover up the letter S and it will be OK to use again.

:clap: Did well with those . Gave all of the money to one of the fundraising bodies. I presume you've got the adult one.

Are you happy watching any old rubbish then?

Apart from the halcyon days of the nineties what have we been watching Santa?Why change the habit of a lifetime?:laugh:

Apart from the halcyon days of the nineties what have we been watching Santa?Why change the habit of a lifetime?:laugh:

We were roughly where we are now when I started watching Vale in the 60s, so the wheel has turned full circle.

It doesn't mean that we shouldn't want better though.

However Port Vale supporters do have a tendency of causing a drama. What I’m saying is that we cannot think that supporters can try and dictate what’s happening within the club.

Wrong on all levels. As customers paying to watch PVFC people have a right to voice their opinions and in some cases have the right to not dictate but have influence on what happens at the club, just like consumers do with every business. But to say fans are causing a drama when we have fallen from 12th in league one to being 5 points adrift at the bottom of league 2 seems ridiculous to me. At the moment the club is in dire straits and if you watched the perfomance on Saturday you would realise that the club look certs for relegation. It's very worring times for most fans and I don't think you should be ridiculing people for wanting to do something about it.

This is the first time I've ever seen us in the bottom three of the fourth division. I think the last time it happened I was 2.

We were roughly where we are now when I started watching Vale in the 60s, so the wheel has turned full circle.

It doesn't mean that we shouldn't want better though.

For some of us it is very different, we will be back full circle when back in the second tier :laugh: