onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Your the manager who would you keep?

Mattholl

After 11 games id keep results wise none of them ,no ones covering themselves in glory and if they r ive yet to c it in any game ive witnessed (only being the home games).

No leaders ,sunday league standard and thats being a tad unfair on those who just play for the love of the game .

my views on players.

All the goalies a mistake in them .

Wilson oh dear not good at all upto yet ,is he playing injured as he doesnt seem a positive player .

Denton going forwards a shining light but prone to making errors of switching off in his defensive duties .

Smith gone backwards he aint even had a attempt at goal this season ,he has being bullied and looks way out of his depth .

Kay Same as Smith for a captain i dont c any stirring performances from him and if he is the example then no wonder our team r so lifeless.

Andrson well he seems ok but as one of the 3 centre halfs he shows no composire and ive yetc a good performance from him .

Whitfield to lightweight does have ability but goes missing .

Defrietas cant tackle ,runs anout a lot ,cannot shoot idont c a good player in him he just doesnt seem anywhere near good enough for me .

Worrall id keep he as something and at least trys to get Vale positive .

Harness i think he as something to but doesnt do it often enough .

Montano yet to c what talent he as if any .

Barnett lraps well but only just back from injury so reserve judgement ,needs to work harder as a team player.

Pope well the pope was awesome a few years back and u can c he gives everything but he as not got the legs no more and our centre halfs obviously dont play to his strengths as constantly aim hopeless high balls up the field.

All the rest as much as they try ,not good enough we aint 90th in league football because players r playing well because they aint .

Turner and Gibbons i will eclude from.criticsm as they have in general gone ok .

Is ok good enough though.

No it aint we need a squad of winners which 8 out of 11 defeats says ALARMINGLY they r not .

Advert

We should be keeping all our own homegrown youngsters. We are playing in a league thats not too much different to the national league sides as there isn't that much difference between it and league 2.

It's hard for our first year youngsters to get a loan to a national league side because of their inexperience, hence they go to the local sides before hopefully getting a loan to a higher league, like the national leagues north or south or even the national league its self. It's rare for players as young as Turner and Gibbons to be in the side or knocking on the door, says a lot for their development that they're at that level already. But they need regular football.

Those players should be out on loan though, it's only because our squad is so **** that they aren't.

Well we will have our ex under 21 manager in charge by Tuesday.

So you may get your wish.

You've mentioned who you don't want a lot but not a realistic answer to who you do want. Wonder why.

I get the spirit of the question as we’ve been collectively pants but in the real world how many more loan opportunities are there with having a lot all ready? Also a new manager might transform a couple of ones that look unlikely at present. I’d keep ‘em all and see what they’re like with a rocket up the jacksie.

Those players should be out on loan though, it's only because our squad is so **** that they aren't.

Not necessarily. I think you're doing those young players a disservice. If any of them (whether it be Turner or Gibbons or anyone else) is doing well within the squad then why should they be always be put out on loan instead of pushing experienced players for their places? Not every player has to follow the same templated career path. Its a good sign I think and shows how decent our players are that are coming through.

But its a bit of a double edged sword though, because I totally agree that they need to be playing regularly and thats why they usually go out on loan for a little while. As things stand though I'd rather see these players given a chance over current players in their positions who at the moment aren't playing well at all.

I’d keep

Hornby/boot

Smith Anderson gibbons Denton

Worrall Whitfield tonge montano

Barnett turner Pyke

Pope is one of them strikers who can’t make it happen for himself but needs the gaffer to employ a system which will allow him a chance without too much effort

We need strikers that go out and make things happen so for that reason he’d have to go

Sent from my iPhone using onevalefan

The bizarre thing about Brown was he did a superb job in getting rid of all the useless lumps that came with Bruno but then recruited an overmanned and unbalanced squad of largely mediocre players. Nuts.

Sent from my SM-A520F using the onevalefan mobile app

He also got rid of the good ones. Amoros, Kiko and Tavares at least would have been in the squad if not the 11. Got rid of Kiko and brought in Kelly who we have never even seen.

Id send all loanees back bar denton. Id only keep Smith, Gibbons, Reeves (needs to be out on loan though), Worrall (though needs to drastically improve but at least we know he has it), Pope, turner & now im struggling,

Squad is lacking true leaders, pace, creativity, natural goalscorer, true wingers, strength, its possibly as poor a squad as we had last season if not worse & as bad as under sinnott & glover.

Whoever comes in has their work cut out to keep this shambles up

Keep:

Smith

Worrall

Denton

Turner

Pope

Boot

Yates

possibly Gunning

The rest are either too inexperienced, not interested, not good enough or crocks

I worry for the clubs existence, I really do

I'd Agree with this in the main, torn on boot tbh.

I'd get rid of all the other loan players straight away (bar those on this list) I think Brown caused his own problems in the ranks when he signed so many. The perm players got peed off and that in part is why we are, where we are. No to mention the crazy appointment of Kay as captain - he's god damn awful!

Sent from my iPhone using the onevalefan mobile app

Archived