onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Smurthwaite out

Matlock Vale

You've just sunk my ship!

Sent from my E2303 using the onevalefan mobile app

Sorry. I never liked Smurthwaite, pretty early on I was told by someone who had worked at the club what kind of a person he was. I saw with him banning The Sentinel that he would end up dragging the club down. Feel like the argument has been won, people see him as a bad owner, but still he has decided for some deranged reason that he's going to stick around. Maybe it is just for the Hugill money. Hopefully he gets sold in January then so does the club. I honestly don't see anything fans doing making much odds in Smurthwaite's eyes though. He isn't a rational or reasonable person. He isn't trying to take us down though, he just has no idea how to run a football club and certainly no idea of who to appoint as manager.

Advert

I'm not saying fans don't want him out. I'm saying there is little we can do to get him out. Chanting makes no difference to him - when it happened last year is daughter went on social media and said basically we could chant all we liked but it wouldn't make Smurf go. Banners won't make any difference. A red card protest like we did against V2001 won't make any difference. He'll just blame the fans for poor results and do bugger all to make it better. You see Norman knows best. He knows he can turn this round and take us back to the promised land for League 1. He has promised us that he will leave the club in a better position than when he took over. He has no grasp of his limitations and thinks he can actually do this. We are stuck with him until he finally realises that he is simply not up to the job and it is considerably more difficult than running Stoke Audi.

Good post. That sums it all up. I like Matlock Vale's idea though.

You've got to know when to hold'em

Know when to fold'em

Know when to walk away

Know when to run

You never count your money when you're sitting at the table

There'ly be time enough for counting when the dealings done.

You can't win against he who hold all the aces, it's not apathy, just realism, he's a gambler and fans have nothing to bring to the table.

But he has to walk one day, and that day will be Smurfthwaites reckoning with the dark side of certain humans if this club drops out, he could of course fold his hand and allow for and bring a better more fair player to the table, DON'T hold your breath.

Sent from my GT-P5210 using the onevalefan mobile app

Even Stoke fans are calling him Agent Smurf. The thought of non league football is frightening and i never thought i would ever ever see. But while that dick is still in charge, we got more chance of non league football than we have of getting back into League 1.

Karmas a bitch Smurf, and 1 day you will get what you deserve.

He loves all the appeals to get out of our club, you all know that don't you??!

He'll be sitting back with his evil family enjoying his glass of Ill-gotten red laughing and gloating how he's made us all desperate and our club on its knees waiting for the emperor to put the thumb down to inflict the fatal blow

The blokes a t@ss er

Sent from my iPhone using onevalefan

Things should have kicked off when we went down, but nothing happened bare a few tepid Smurf out chants.

Vale fans thrive on apathy; the B and G protests of 2011 were led by a group of around 10 motivated, organised Vale fans, a majority of which either don't attend anymore or have simply lost the will. From what I can gather this is largely due to the backlash many of us protesters received from fellow Vale 'fans'. Despite the near-criminal activities of the previous regime, we were still spat at on marches, accused of 'killing the club' whilst handing out fliers, and belittled by fans for not attending, which is all very fresh in my memory and contributes to the lack of love I feel for Vale and its fanbase these days.

As a result, the natural leaders of any protest movement aren't bothered, and the remaining fans either don't care about off the field issues, which is their prerogative, or simply don't have the fight in them anymore to risk the abuse we received last time. Also, unlike V2001 where there were shares to count and EGM's to call, there's very little we can do bar shout. Smurf will claim we've put off a Dubai Consortium with our nastiness, take a back seat, and the cycle will restart, until eventually the club knocks around non-league/ceases to exist.

Its all very defeatist, but I've been an active and vocal critic of Smurf for a couple of years to no avail. I've tried to encourage staying away but not enough people are up for it to make it worth the while. The atmosphere's too dead at games to start chanting and most fans would kick off for 'distracteen popey and the lads'. Any protest outside the Lorne Street would probably attract no more than 50/100, a bit of abuse would fly our way from the regulars, Dani will take to twitter and Smurf will retreat to the shadows.

Apologies for the rant but I've been up for kicking off for a long time. Its reached the point that I've accepted what fate Norman chooses. UTV

Like Alan Baker and a few others I was proactive against V2001 and yes we were abused, spat at and threatened when a few of their 'minders' tried to pick a fight with one of my sons. One against one he would have taken any of them out but 'dogs hunt in packs' don't they?

Yes we rejoiced when the last 'board' were defeated and we all hoped for a brighter future under a new regime(though I never heard a single one of our critics say sorry you were right we were wrong). Sadly we got put in the hands of an arrogant busy body who thinks that he knows it all when really he knows Jack all. I aren't a stupid man and I can weigh a charlatan up in a short amount of time but when I made my feelings known on here or to anyone I spoke too I was accused of being a troublemaker by virtually everyone. It gives me no great satisfaction to now see that I was right not to like or trust the man that I called the buffoon because that is exactly what he is!

How he can sit there and allow three managers to use up all of the club's wage budget on a massive squad of what is largely an array of crocks and talentless wasters is beyond my comprehension. The Chinese have the proverb 'Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me'. What does that make someone who allows it to happen three times? Well I'll tell you....a buffoon. I said a long time ago that this man is more dangerous than Bratt and his gang and got ridiculed for my comments but let me say Smurthwaite is a danger to Port Vale and must be removed to get the club back to being a well run family club.

Like Alan Baker I'm up for getting rid of the present owner but we must all be united this time.

I don't know NS and I don't know if he's like this but.....

I have known plenty who would simply laugh in the face of protesters, who will do anything and take any hit to show that they are in control, who will see any result as a win for them as long as it's what they have instigated irrespective of damage done to the parties involved, who will take the attitude "look what I've managed to do to the little people, they think this will bother me"......sometimes you are not dealing with people that think like the vast majority of us.

Do protest and good luck with it cos it might work but don't be surprised if it doesn't achieve anything positive and be prepared for it to achieve only the negative as NS just digs in and PVFC is dragged thru the mud

Personally and very sadly possibly the only way out is an offer from someone to buy the club that results in NS feeling he's got what he wanted from his time at VP.

I hope that I am wrong about all of the above

Unfortunately it would appear that Norman gets more out of being the owner of PVFC than he would care to make out, otherwise he would have sold up by now. He has no intention of letting go no matter what anyone says or does in the way of protests. He visits this site regularly and must be completely thick if he doesn't realise that people want him out and the club sold. Following last night's dismal performance where the only positive was the performance of Denton (who will most likely be recalled in January following our spat with Leeds following the cup match), the apathy was worse than ever with most saying that enough is enough. The crowd is diminishing and we can't beat teams like FGR and Accrington who survive on gates of sub 2,000 but we will be joining them soon. We can shout SMURF out as much as we like but I get the impression that the more we may shout, the more he will dig his heels in. SMURF OUT!

Unfortunately it would appear that Norman gets more out of being the owner of PVFC than he would care to make out, otherwise he would have sold up by now. He has no intention of letting go no matter what anyone says or does in the way of protests. He visits this site regularly and must be completely thick if he doesn't realise that people want him out and the club sold. Following last night's dismal performance where the only positive was the performance of Denton (who will most likely be recalled in January following our spat with Leeds following the cup match), the apathy was worse than ever with most saying that enough is enough. The crowd is diminishing and we can't beat teams like FGR and Accrington who survive on gates of sub 2,000 but we will be joining them soon. We can shout SMURF out as much as we like but I get the impression that the more we may shout, the more he will dig his heels in. SMURF OUT!

I hope the irony of that isn't lost on you

We are between a rock and a hard place at the moment.

The team on paper is not being funded to be relegated out of the league, which is all we can ask from Smurf. Kicking him out could make the situation worse.

If we could get a dedicated buyer or team to oust him with a clear plan, that would work. Just hoping someone might buy it if he leaves is not one. Neither is synetics or anyone else. We all remember Mo Chaudry and the reality is his bid was worse than Smurfs, otherwise Bob Young would have been happy to accept.

Archived