onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Matchday Thread: Port Vale v Accrington Stanley

Fosse69

Advert

Is it only me who thinks Kay is aweful. He just confuses things at the back and it is impacting on Smithies performances. Why didnt we after 30 minutes substitute kay for a midfielder as we were getting completely over run in the midfield. The 3 at the back works when we have two wing backs, we dont we have wilson who should get sacked and sent packing. Now im ranting can Pope get dropped as on tonights performance Barnett played better and did most of the flick ons and posession play. Pope just kept on complaining to the ref (who was *****).

Need some stability and a manager who can motivate this team ASAP...

Picking out a few players tonight.

Goalkeeper. Can't even remember his name. We've had that many. Anyway, he should have saved the first. He's a joke.

Wilson. Go anywhere as far away from Burslem as possible. You obviously don't want to play for us. Utter garbage.

Middleton. I've heard a few local pubs are after players. Join up lad. You offer nothing.

Denton. Great showing. This lad will go far.

De Freitas. Runs and runs and runs and...... offers nothing. Can't pass. Can't score. In fact his passing and shooting are woeful. He wouldn't get picked for the dog and duck. Go home.

Pope. Needs dropping. CB had him in his pocket all night. We are so one dimensional with him up front and quite frankly I'm sick of it.

We are in deep, deep trouble.

"We could do what we wanted in the first 10 minutes because the atmosphere was so flat." I stopped listening half way through because it was too depressing comparing it to the managerial dross we've had to put up with. I'd forgotten what it was like to have someone as a manager who actually knows what he is talking about.

The equation's now very simple - we either get ourselves someone of Coleman's calibre, or it's curtains. Anyone with any real ambition for the club would spend what they had to to get us out of this mess; either that, or sell to someone who could.

very true A good interview said what was good what was bad and what they need to work on to right their wrongs this was after a win---perhaps though he should have kept it simple like our previous by saying we will work hard in training like he knew what he was on--It really isn't rocket science keep whats good and maintain it improve/work on/change what aint(applicable to players/systems) a simple formulae coupled with good man management is all that's needed in this league.

I've come away a lot more hopeful after watching that.

I think we were the better team and the chances are coming now. Unlucky that Kee buried his shot right in the corner and other than that, and the one defensive lapse they didn't look like scoring.

Where we find ourselves you can't keep saying we were unlucky, it's down to poor decisions that the opposition are given opportunities and good players will take them. You cannot keep making poor decisions, let's face it, its all over the pitch... as the old saying goes you make your own luck, by being well organised, playing in good positions when you don't have the ball and most of all giving 100% for each other - we are none of that at present.

Sent from my iPhone using the onevalefan mobile app

Picking out a few players tonight.

Goalkeeper. Can't even remember his name. We've had that many. Anyway, he should have saved the first. He's a joke.

Wilson. Go anywhere as far away from Burslem as possible. You obviously don't want to play for us. Utter garbage.

Middleton. I've heard a few local pubs are after players. Join up lad. You offer nothing.

Denton. Great showing. This lad will go far.

De Freitas. Runs and runs and runs and...... offers nothing. Can't pass. Can't score. In fact his passing and shooting are woeful. He wouldn't get picked for the dog and duck. Go home.

Pope. Needs dropping. CB had him in his pocket all night. We are so one dimensional with him up front and quite frankly I'm sick of it.

We are in deep, deep trouble.

Brilliant summing up Paul,10 games and we are going to non league with the current clowns running our club.

Sent from my SM-T813 using the onevalefan mobile app

I really don't know how we didn't win tonight. Best performance of the season so far. If we keep showing that intensity, cut out the stupid mistakes that cost us at the back post every bloody week and start to get the luck, I'm convinced that we will slowly start to crawl our way out of this.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

what are you talking about? we were slightly better than awfull first half, then reverted to type 2nd half and waited for stanley to do us. doesnt seem to matter on the personelle or the system, nothing seems to change. we need a manager to sort out the best 11 and stick to it. some of our players are no worse than anything else ive seen this season.

Sent from my SM-A310F using the onevalefan mobile app

Where we find ourselves you can't keep saying we were unlucky, it's down to poor decisions that the opposition are given opportunities and good players will take them. You cannot keep making poor decisions, let's face it, its all over the pitch... as the old saying goes you make your own luck, by being well organised, playing in good positions when you don't have the ball and most of all giving 100% for each other - we are none of that at present.

we were unlucky and you are right you make your own luck(I know sounds a contradiction )our defending is poor to get out to press the 2nd ball all stand huddled need to break out and keep shape behind those closing down(where their 2 goals came from) considering we have a temp manager who was a defender its quite shocking some of the organisation and simple to see and remedy yet so called professionals cant see it- if they want me to knock off earlier I will lend a hand , only done it with u9 -u18s sunday teams yet bloody pros struggle bloody crazy

Tbf what is the point of ADF? He's got no pace, he can't tackle, he can't go past a man, he can't score and can't keep the ball. He does run round like a headless chicken though but I could do that.

Could say that about a lot of our players. Middleton from what I've seen is garbage.

Well I hope Norman has got deep pockets.

He is going to have to spend a lot of money to get us out of the mire.

First we need a good experienced manager.

It will be difficult because I believe Steve Cotterill is favourite for the Birmingham job.

Northampton,Gillingham and Chesterfield are all looking for a new manager and I can't imagine Norman will want to pay what they are offering.Who would want to come anyway with him as owner.Chris Powell may be tempted.

As we are struggling to win games why hasn't Remi Streete been approached to come back as he hasn't got a club and him and Smith had a good partnership last year.

He must be better than Kay.

Why isn't Adam Yates playing he must be better than Wilson.

He was fit enough to play half a dozen games for Macclesfield.

Boote is a better keeper than Roos or Hornby.Saved penalties in the league cup then was dropped by Brown.Why won't Eagles come back.I heard that Brown wasn't willing to pay the money he was asking so wasted it on other poor signings.

Just hope Norman gets his finger out and gets the new manager in before Saturday.

Imagine not wanting Coleman as manager :laugh: 88 away fans, 1200 home gates, team of nobodies + Billy Kee, sitting in 3rd in the table. What he could do for us. Ah well. He plays dirty football, we don't want him :shutup:

Overall good first 25 poor rest. Keeper isn't very good, shock. Streete made Smith look far better than he is. Denton is our best player. Whitfield should be out wide. Barnett and Pope are the same player except Barnett is better at it. Barnett and Turner I beg. Why was our top scorer on the bench? ADF has made me look an idiot, horrendous finishing. Wilson isn't very good. Kay is worse. Middleton is worst.

I am beginning to see what some posters (santa etc) have been saying about the squad. It isn't good at all. We need someone really good to come and get us winning games again.

I've truly forgotten what it is like to enjoy a Vale game. We've been awful for 18 months and even under the semi-effective Page we weren't very exciting.

Ref was shambolic for both sides; obvious corner for them and I was convinced we should have had a man sent off when their number 10 was through, as Roos was predictably backpeddling. There was no reason for him to dive as he was always winning the footrace, so he's either stupid, slipped, or got fouled.

One other point; the refs don't have a conspiracy against Pope. Its not like they met up at the start of the season and said "I don't like Tom Pope, lets not give him anything". Every week we see Pope the pudding tumble under the slightest contact, and every week the fans are apoplectic and rage about his treatment. There's a reason every referee we've ever had, without fail, has never given a foul against him. Cus they're never fouls. He's terribly soft for a big boy.

Good luck to Accy - good manager and Kee, their number 7, and number 4 were very good. Hope they make the playoffs (again) this year.

I'd agree with much of this, it was Anderson who pulled their 7 back and should have walked. The Pope bit I kind of agree with but today he was pulled all over the place but got nothing at all. Defenders were quite clever about it 2nd half but it was easy to do as the ball was in the air for ages. He had 2 of them tearing his shirt off in the final minutes when we had the corners and were pressing for the equaliser.

Can I ask what Roos did wrong tonight.

Archived