onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

John Askey

raywalkersbananakick

Advert

This is pushing fans loyalty to the limit.

Dare I ask what would the basis of his appointment? Garlics's hunch? Sproson's "advice"? Adams' "consultancy?"

If true, I ******* despair.

My thoughts entirely. Why Askey? Why? Is this the height of our ambition? Why appoint a non-league manager to a situation he will NEVER have managed before? Why take such a risk with the club's future? Why not a more experienced league manager who has been there and done it? Why would you want to do this unless you were preparing us for life in the National League?

More to the point, would Norman like to speak up and tell us the reasons for this grand appointment? Would his advisers like to justify their advice? Would they like to tell us who else, among the rumoured 60+ applicants, applied for the job and was turned down?

You may own the club for the time being, Norman, but you are just the temporary custodian. We have been here for decades and this club is part of our lives, our identity and our community. We deserve better than this.

My thoughts entirely. Why Askey? Why? Is this the height of our ambition? Why appoint a non-league manager to a situation he will NEVER have managed before? Why take such a risk with the club's future? Why not a more experienced league manager who has been there and done it? Why would you want to do this unless you were preparing us for life in the National League?

More to the point, would Norman like to speak up and tell us the reasons for this grand appointment? Would his advisers like to justify their advice? Would they like to tell us who else, among the rumoured 60+ applicants, applied for the job and was turned down?

You may own the club for the time being, Norman, but you are just the temporary custodian. We have been here for decades and this club is part of our lives, our identity and our community. We deserve better than this.

Take a chill pill and stop responding to BS

This is the 3rd suicidal appointment from Norman in the space of about 18 months.

We will be relegated if Askey is appointed. He will be sacked in January!

Why can't Norman just appoint a proper league manager?

Yes, first a manager with NO experience of the English Football League; then a former player with NO experience of ever managing before; and now, apparently, a manager with NO experience of league football. Get the common thread?

So you're right, why can't we have a proper league manager? It's not that difficult.

This is the 3rd suicidal appointment from Norman in the space of about 18 months.

We will be relegated if Askey is appointed. He will be sacked in January!

Why can't Norman just appoint a proper league manager?

It's just tittle tattle gossip, you are talking like he's been appointed.

That said I will agree with you if it does happen 😂

I think we are in a situation where beggars can't be choosers. Some of the names bandied about on OVF have been crazy. People like Pearson, Cotterill and Co would demand high six figure salaries, we simply couldn't afford them. Blokes like Coleman, Ainsworth and Co are in decent jobs at stable, well run clubs - why would they leave to come to the basket case that is Vale? The club is now one of the three worst in the EFL and has an owner whose reputation in football is far from brilliant. Christ on a bike, we'll be lucky to get some youth from the Job Centre to take us on at the moment.

I think we are in a situation where beggars can't be choosers. Some of the names bandied about on OVF have been crazy. People like Pearson, Cotterill and Co would demand high six figure salaries, we simply couldn't afford them. Blokes like Coleman, Ainsworth and Co are in decent jobs at stable, well run clubs - why would they leave to come to the basket case that is Vale? The club is now one of the three worst in the EFL and has an owner whose reputation in football is far from brilliant. Christ on a bike, we'll be lucky to get some youth from the Job Centre to take us on at the moment.

With respect that such a small minded and short term mentality.

We are one of the biggest clubs in our league and have just suffered from three dreadful recent managers.

Hopefully Micky in tandem with Powell or Ainsworth can get us back to where we once belonged 😉

Take a chill pill and stop responding to BS

Thank you, Norman, for having the courtesy to respond to my, shall we say, excitable email.

May I ask whether you are saying that my fears are exaggerated and that John Askey won't be our manager?

That would truly be the best chill pill I could take!

We are one of the biggest clubs in our league and have just suffered from three dreadful recent managers.

Hopefully Micky in tandem with Powell or Ainsworth can get us back to where we once belonged

I'm sure Micky will be back after what was said at the game today but not as manager. And if we could get Powell I'd be pretty pleased. Do you really think we will get anyone currently in a job with a League club or one of the "bigger" names that have been mentioned on here??

Hopefully Micky in tandem with Powell or Ainsworth can get us back to where we once belonged 😉

Well said

Archived