onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Why Morgans NOT the answer

whotobeakiller

Advert

Nothing. Morgan has done absolutely nothing so far.

Which means that he doesn't deserve any criticism YET - he may well do if we get smashed tomorrow, and I'm sure some will distort this to say I am supporting him. I'm not supporting him, just saying that he may only be in charge for one match, it may be 3 or by some miracle he may win 10 in a row (not expecting this) and get the job for good.

So while he is looking after the team, and before they have even played a game under him, I would prefer REP and others lay off him as it cant be easy for anyone right now and we need a win badly, we need support and we need to get behind the players and those looking after team affairs, if not the immovable owner.

But one thing is sure - we should all be wanting Vale to win the match at Yeovil and don't need ******** undermining things before a ball has been kicked. Let's get off the bottom of this league as soon as possible and take no notice of ************ posters.

Since he arrived our defending has been woeful. He was a good player himself, I would've expected him to be able to improve the likes of smith, but if anything they've gone backwards.

I agree re about the game today and that as you say he's done nothing in that regard yet. If he has say 3 games I hope we win them all but I still wouldn't want him as manager after that.

Leeds and the opening half-hour against vWycombe apart, it hasn't been the defence that has been the biggest problem, I've seen enough games to know that - single goals conceded against Crewe, Notts County and FGR at home would have yielded 4, 5, 6 or more points if we had scored normally, had a bit more luck and not had crappy officials in some cases.

But you don't take notice of facts - anyway do have a delightful trip to ciderland (perhaps you are based nearer than I am in Yorkshire) and maybe have a glass or two to decrease your sourness.

Disagree with that. Those games you mention we conceded awful goals. Yes only 1 but that was enough to lose the match, they aren't good goals from the opposition, it's been simply awful defending.

Did anyone listen to the 5 Live Football Podcast on Friday night? They have 'Morgs' on the phone for a brief chat on the Sheffield derby, big game blah blah. They also very briefly asked him about Vale and he said I've been asked to help keep the team going in the short-term, do a professional job blah blah, he reckoned Brown was trying to turn around the culture of the club, mentioned nutrition a few times, said we all feel bad for Michael blah blah. Then he left and the presenters, Darren Fletcher and Jermaine Jenas, said oh another young manager sacked early on, he is trying to turn round the culture of a club, put Premier League nutrition in place, these things don't happen over night, hopefully this doesn't put Michael off management and he can find another management job soon...

.. don't hold your breath lads.

Did anyone listen to the 5 Live Football Podcast on Friday night? They have 'Morgs' on the phone for a brief chat on the Sheffield derby, big game blah blah. They also very briefly asked him about Vale and he said I've been asked to help keep the team going in the short-term, do a professional job blah blah, he reckoned Brown was trying to turn around the culture of the club, mentioned nutrition a few times, said we all feel bad for Michael blah blah. Then he left and the presenters, Darren Fletcher and Jermaine Jenas, said oh another young manager sacked early on, he is trying to turn round the culture of a club, put Premier League nutrition in place, these things don't happen over night, hopefully this doesn't put Michael off management and he can find another management job soon...

.. don't hold your breath lads.

All that re MB and the culture, diet etc may be true..I've no idea

But MB would have known that he still needed to achieve a certain level of results whilst going through this cultural change. Graham Souness many years ago didn't survive at Liverpool and reckoned one of the reasons was whilst the cultural changes he tried to put in place were needed he tried to do too much too quickly and performances on the field went downhill too much..the club and the fans still needed to be winning football matches.

If it's all true then MB will I hope have learned a lot of lessons from this experience

I can not figure out why beau smith always seem to protect losers at the port vale club. He or she I do not know which but from her comments I would think it is a woman stuck up for Brown and if anybody has a slight dig at any players she runs them down . Now she is blabbing his or her mouth off again talking utter rubbish ,,, it is obvious that Morgan is not suitable for the managers job because he has an awful background and M.B was utter rubbish when it came to tactics and team selection but bea smith still continues to back them.... I would leave the comments to people who know what they are talking about and although you are entitled to your opinion it is there for everyone to see you talk B###SH#T

Dear Bea, your passion for the Vale is there for all to see, which is to be commended.

However, CM is not the answer, in my view.

He has a history of red cards at Sheffield United, he nearly killed a guy in a game against Barnsley in 2008 (Iain Hulme) with an elbow - he got away with that.

I do not want a guy with this pedigree at the Vale, we can do better. We have a beautiful playing surface which we should be using against the opposition, not belting them with elbows, the CM way.

Sorry, you are so passionate and I admire you, but no, CM is the wrong guy.

Best wishes

JohnnySLF

Dear Bea, your passion for the Vale is there for all to see, which is to be commended.

However, CM is not the answer, in my view.

He has a history of red cards at Sheffield United, he nearly killed a guy in a game against Barnsley in 2008 (Iain Hulme) with an elbow - he got away with that.

I do not want a guy with this pedigree at the Vale, we can do better. We have a beautiful playing surface which we should be using against the opposition, not belting them with elbows, the CM way.

Sorry, you are so passionate and I admire you, but no, CM is the wrong guy.

Best wishes

JohnnySLF

Dear JohnnySLF

With all due respect, I never at any time said Morgan was the 'right' or preferred choice for permanent manager.

Please don't let moronic posters mislead you that I did - have a look back at my posts.

All I have said is that while he is in charge, we should support him - be it one more game (or possibly none if an announcemmnt is made today at the game) - or three, or five.

If, by some stroke of luck, he should find a watchable and winning formation that sees us go hurtling up the league table then opinions, including mine, might change and we might find we have had a gem in our midst all the time. I don't think this will happen, but nothing is impossible and it should not be ruled out.

My own preferred scenario would be to appoint a hungry youngish manager like Chris Powell, with Micky overseeing organisational things for a few weeks but no longer, maybe up to Christmas.

If we cant get Powell, then I would prefer a manager with things to prove than one who has 'done it all' and will not have the same appetite for the job in my opinion.

Taking it as a given that we cannot get Adkins, Coleman etc. then Aspin or Askey might be worth a try. As I said elsewhere, although it almost certainly can't happen, I'd welcome Rob Page back, especially with MA there for a while.

But the important thing for me is that we take things one match at a time, and support whoever is in charge for that match. We need the points and need to escape the relegation zone ASAP.

And that we give the new manager a chance whoever it is - I really am not keen on Westley but if he comes, he gets my support for a while at least.

So I don't expect to see CM in charge, nor is he my first choice, but I am totally and strongly opposed to the infantile and uncalled for abuse of the man whilst he is trying to do his best to get us the results we need in this interim period.

Best wishes and hopes for a win tonight, Im going now to get ready for the game,

B Smith

Dera Bea

I never said that you wanted CM.

I am well aware of grief that you have received, unjustifiable so in my view.

I must re-iterate - CM is not the answer going forward.

Anyway, for tonight, we need a win.

C'mon the Vale.

JohnnySLF

Dear JohnnySLF

With all due respect, I never at any time said Morgan was the 'right' or preferred choice for permanent manager.

Please don't let moronic posters mislead you that I did - have a look back at my posts.

All I have said is that while he is in charge, we should support him - be it one more game (or possibly none if an announcemmnt is made today at the game) - or three, or five.

If, by some stroke of luck, he should find a watchable and winning formation that sees us go hurtling up the league table then opinions, including mine, might change and we might find we have had a gem in our midst all the time. I don't think this will happen, but nothing is impossible and it should not be ruled out.

My own preferred scenario would be to appoint a hungry youngish manager like Chris Powell, with Micky overseeing organisational things for a few weeks but no longer, maybe up to Christmas.

If we cant get Powell, then I would prefer a manager with things to prove than one who has 'done it all' and will not have the same appetite for the job in my opinion.

Taking it as a given that we cannot get Adkins, Coleman etc. then Aspin or Askey might be worth a try. As I said elsewhere, although it almost certainly can't happen, I'd welcome Rob Page back, especially with MA there for a while.

But the important thing for me is that we take things one match at a time, and support whoever is in charge for that match. We need the points and need to escape the relegation zone ASAP.

And that we give the new manager a chance whoever it is - I really am not keen on Westley but if he comes, he gets my support for a while at least.

So I don't expect to see CM in charge, nor is he my first choice, but I am totally and strongly opposed to the infantile and uncalled for abuse of the man whilst he is trying to do his best to get us the results we need in this interim period.

Best wishes and hopes for a win tonight, Im going now to get ready for the game,

B Smith

Archived