onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Micky Adams autobiography

Doha

Advert

There are a lot of people that enjoy dealing with all the garbage that goes on in a badly run organisation...they enjoy the challenge cos to have some success in such an environment is an even greater achievement..I suspect MA is one such person. He may look on his achievements at PVFC as one of his greatest successes because of all the cr@p that was going on at the same time.

So MA...if you step back into the fray at Port Vale and achieve 'success' given the current circumstances it will be a major achievement..one for the updated autobiography in a year or two. And youd'r probably sell a few thousand copies in the Potteries

And fans want this guy back at the Club? :laugh::clap:

From the quotes that have been posted, why would you not want him back at the club? I thought he came across really well, clearly cares about the club and has a lot of skills / contacts that were very much lacking.

Don't get me wrong, I understand why some people wouldn't want him back, just not from the quotes posted.

Not want who back? I read it as Norman (back at the helm) though really he never left.

My position remans that he needs to do something that may not be in his DNA i.e. leave to whole shebang to Garlick and Adams. The fact that he isn't going anywhere sometime soon (unless he's waiting to ofset losses with Hugill money) everyone else just has to get over.

The quote about when he went on the board is interesting. It seems Bratt and co had him over a barrel and he was only thinking of the team and getting players. As much as we whinged at him at the time for making the board quorate(as we wanted the clowns out) I admire him for that. The stuff about thinking the rooms were bugged as well:laugh:

Seems an interesting read, I'm not sure Micky coming back is necessarily the right decision atm but at least from the quotes he comes over well and is being pretty honest, he's a good football man!

It proves to me that Micky must have a tile or two loose to even consider working for/with Norman again. After some of the quotes on here from the book why oh why would anyone who is sane would even talk to Norman again after all that allegedly went on previously.

Micky was a good manager at times for us but seriously...do we need him back here now in any capacity, even if he has "contacts etc?" There are a million other football managers/ coaches who have contacts and are not party to Vale's past indescretions so for our sake I hope we attract a proper and experienced person who can handle Norman....if such a person exists?

From the quotes that have been posted, why would you not want him back at the club? I thought he came across really well, clearly cares about the club and has a lot of skills / contacts that were very much lacking.

Don't get me wrong, I understand why some people wouldn't want him back, just not from the quotes posted.

No, I was referring to MA.

Sorry, I just see it as a massive backwards step to appoint him.

All too easy for NS to go to him for "advice."

Anyhow, why would Adams want to be involved with such a small-time Club like Vale?

Damning accounts of both V2001 and Smurf. The former thought we were bugging the boardroom and the latter openly told Micky he 'didn't know how to run a football club'. This was probably not long after he told us it was easier than running Stoke Audi.

The image of a dishevelled Ryder with a carrier bag of notes is hilarious. Someone needs to find the man and have a chat with him, see what was really happening.

Look what happened when Bratt didn't go to him for advice we got 'Lucky Jim' and his laptop!As Geoff Horsfield said one of the biggest ***** in football:wacko:

I do agree though I'm not sure Micky Adams(in any role) is the way forward in our current predictament but he's clearly a respected an intelligent(in a football sense) person, he knows the English game very well.

JA has summed it up well above, some people love a challenge and dealing with prats, perhaps Micky is one of them?

Archived