onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Rudgie

TheBogieMan

Advert

I'm clearly in the wrong place, anyway. But ask yourself what Rudge would do with this team, under these conditions. The landscape of football, and the club, is very different. Looking back to past times when we were blessed with superbly talented players is neither helpful or practical.

And I won't be swayed by any of you. As a person, I thought John Rudge was a creep. Call him a legend all you want.

I'm clearly in the wrong place, anyway. But ask yourself what Rudge would do with this team, under these conditions. The landscape of football, and the club, is very different. Looking back to past times when we were blessed with superbly talented players is neither helpful or practical.

And I won't be swayed by any of you. As a person, I thought John Rudge was a creep. Call him a legend all you want.

You're entitled to your opinion, mate, but I have to say, the John Rudge you've described on here is nothing like the bloke I've known for years.

Can't believe some of the garbage on here about Rudge. His knowledge of the game alone would be gold dust to us in our present situation, where we have diddly squat in terms of ability to spot a player. His scouting alone was legendary, and we would't have signed some of the players we got in last season, (who were tripe) if he had been able to give an opinion. The one thing we lack at present is knowledge of the lower leagues, and I include on league in that. Rudgie would go to a game and be able to spot a player in an instant, and decide if he was worth a punt. The present bunch of craphounds surrounding the club couldn't find their own bottom with the help of a map and satnav. For pity's sake, use the resources we have available. Rudge loves the club, despite his shoddy treatment towards the end of his tenure, and the simple fact is that he is associated with the best period we have had in my six decade lifetime of quality football at the club. There are none so blind as those who will not see.

Then took us down the next season despite having those players in his squad. We've never been back since.

Interestingly, when Rudge was sacked we were in the bottom three on goal difference. When the season ended we were out of the bottom three on goal difference - and that cost us a million quid.

Yes it did. But remembering that season, it was some slide to arrest.

I will thank you,SIR JOHN RUDGE IS A PORT VALE LEGEND

Having a personal opinion on the man as a character is up to you. Although I disagree, it's your opinion.

To say he wasn't a good manager is quite clearly not up for debate. You're talking through your arse.

Then took us down the next season despite having those players in his squad. We've never been back since.

Interestingly, when Rudge was sacked we were in the bottom three on goal difference. When the season ended we were out of the bottom three on goal difference - and that cost us a million quid.

I suspect Horton's sales made us considerably more than £1m, but we've debated this in the past.

Anyone who is having a pop at Rudge tonight whilst we sit bottom of the Football League is crackers, as far as I can see.

He should get credit, yes. But I don't think he was a great manager. I'm sorry, but I just don't.

As for Horton, I liked him as a player, one of the best I've seen, and a decent manager with little in the way of funds.

You're dodging giving a clear answer. Are you saying that Horton is the greatest manager in living memory? And that rudge wasn't a very good manager. Just so I can get your dosage right.

Can't believe some of the garbage on here about Rudge. His knowledge of the game alone would be gold dust to us in our present situation, where we have diddly squat in terms of ability to spot a player. His scouting alone was legendary, and we would't have signed some of the players we got in last season, (who were tripe) if he had been able to give an opinion. The one thing we lack at present is knowledge of the lower leagues, and I include on league in that. Rudgie would go to a game and be able to spot a player in an instant, and decide if he was worth a punt. The present bunch of craphounds surrounding the club couldn't find their own bottom with the help of a map and satnav. For pity's sake, use the resources we have available. Rudge loves the club, despite his shoddy treatment towards the end of his tenure, and the simple fact is that he is associated with the best period we have had in my six decade lifetime of quality football at the club. There are none so blind as those who will not see.

Our success was built on established talent

Oh, you sad loser Knockabelly. Get back to the Shitonnia Bet 365 "I'll bend over backwards to take the Sky money" stadium. Things in the past are remembered happier than the present BECAUSE THEY WERE. End of. We had a team to be proud of in the 1990s because of one man's ability. And dipsticks on here try to airbrush that and pretend Rudge wasn't the key force behind the Vale. You know nothing about football. Admit it - Rudge was the best thing ever to happen to Port Vale. And you know it.

Archived