onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Rudgie

TheBogieMan

Without going into particulars, I found him to be quite unsavoury after a drink. And on a professional note, I think - and always have - that he was blessed with great players and limited tactical nouse.

The season we didn't make the playoffs in division 1, we were the best team in the league.

I think you must have been drinking

Sent from my iPhone using the onevalefan mobile app

Advert

Absolute ballcocks. If he preferred Stokes, how come he only played 60 times over 5 seasons compared to Tanks' (approx) 170 over the same seasons? Ian Taylor played every game except for 5 in his first season and scored in the 2nd game of that season. You don't know what the **** you are talking about.

Sent from my iPhone using the onevalefan mobile app

Of course, and Dean Glover gets the respect he deserves on here, doesn't he. I'm enough of a vale fan to have been to most games during his tenure, and old enough to remember that injuries forced him to pick Ian Taylor, he preferred Dean Stokes to Allan tankard, and had the good fortune to be able to sign good players for good money.

When Taylor came in (a gem of a player he and ray Williams discovered) no one expected him to started early as he did. He played over 40 games in his first season. What on earth are you on about? Should he have started playing games for us using his time machine?

As for the Allen tankard issue. When tankard first came, he started off very poorly. We though he's bought a dud at first. He got dropped after a while due to poor form and stokes played well when brought in. Then tankard settled and won his place back. When on earth would a vale fan want to rewrite history negatively about such a club legend. It's not like any other manager we've had comes close.

He was a guest at my wedding reception and he is truly one of the nicest people i have met and sorry but the rest of your post really is once again very very silly indeed and thats being very polite

I had the good fortune to meet Rudgie in the Vale shop with my wife and kids about an hour or so before kick off one season. He clearly had more important things on his mind but he took the time to say hello as we were standing at the counter. A real gentleman of the old school.

I recall those days as the best ever in my long time supporting the Vale and I'm not sure we will ever see the like again. His squad building, team selection and tactics were usually spot on. I can't ever remember seeing such flowing play or quality of football. In those days, it was, usually, a joy to be a Vale fan.

Most clubs find a way to remember their greatest and we should do the same. Taking advice from someone who's had such success in football would do us no harm at all and Norman would certainly benefit. I'd feel a whole lot better than I do at the moment if I knew he was listening to someone like Rudgie.

What lies? I've been a vale fan for decades and I don't believe in John Rudge as this kind of Demi-god. You'll all take up the cudgels on his behalf, but happily disrespect a Dean Glover, Brian Horton etc. And now the club is struggling, he's the answer. It's nonsense.

Whether he is the right man for a role now (which he probably isn't) the absolute nonsense you're coming out with tonight regarding his history and achievements for us is borderline blasphemy. People have been stoned to death for less.

Archived