onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Rudgie

TheBogieMan

At stoke he certainly was, and his last season at Vale was among the worst football I've seen. We were clinging on to championship football, and I too wish we were there again. That said, I wish we could pay 500K for the best prospects in the lower leagues, and 100K+ for Leeds centre backs etc.

All money he generated with sales. What's your point?

Advert

At stoke he certainly was, and his last season at Vale was among the worst football I've seen. We were clinging on to championship football, and I too wish we were there again. That said, I wish we could pay 500K for the best prospects in the lower leagues, and 100K+ for Leeds centre backs etc.

85 posts in 11 years and a fifth of them coming tonight slamming the greatest manager this club has ever had.

That's enough of my time wasted on you.

You're no Vale fan. Not one jot.

Clown.

He signed Ronnie Jepson for free. Sold him for £80k. Spent that on Robin Van der laan. Sold him for £400k and Lee Mills. Spent the £400k on Jon McCarthy. Sold Mills for £1 million. Sold McCarthy for £1.5 million. Bought Ainsworth for £500k sold him for £2 million. That is a net gain of £4 million whilst taking us to the brink of the play offs for the Prem league. Oh dont forget all the others. Darren Beckford top scorer 4 seasons running and a transfer profit of 6000% yes six thousand per cent. The record of John Rudge is not up for discussion and some of the disrespectful comments on this thread are at the height of uninformed biased pointless twaddle.

Why? Taylor was signed in 1992.

As I said (and Jacko51 proved), you don't know what you're talking about. The word legend is bandied about far too often nowadays but when people come and besmirch the name of a true Port Vale legend, and a good decent man, with lies and pathetic innuendo, it needs challenging. For many many Port Vale fans, John Rudge gave them the best footballing times of their lives and for you to come along and try and tarnish that with lies is disgraceful.

What lies? I've been a vale fan for decades and I don't believe in John Rudge as this kind of Demi-god. You'll all take up the cudgels on his behalf, but happily disrespect a Dean Glover, Brian Horton etc. And now the club is struggling, he's the answer. It's nonsense.

Shock. A poster has a different opinion to the clique on here so he's not a Vale fan.

Sent from my SM-G900F using the onevalefan mobile app

No.

It's one thing having a different opinion.

It's another re writing history.

John Rudge is the greatest Port Vale manager in the modern era, arguably ever.

You crack on being a dick behind your username.

Dear god no. He's a thousand years old, and towards the end was absolutely dire. In any capacity, he'd be a disaster. He's just left Hull after all, and we know how they got on last season. Let's just get past ex-Vale players and managers, for heaven's sake.

Plus, my experience of the bloke is that he's a complete creep. And he's been stealing a living for far too long in my eyes.

You are disrespectful toss pot

Sent from my iPhone using the onevalefan mobile app

85 posts in 11 years and a fifth of them coming tonight slamming the greatest manager this club has ever had.

That's enough of my time wasted on you.

You're no Vale fan. Not one jot.

Clown.

Right you are. I've loved this club all my life, and it's more than an ex-manager to me. You clearly disagree with me, but your response is why I don't post that often.

What lies? I've been a vale fan for decades and I don't believe in John Rudge as this kind of Demi-god. You'll all take up the cudgels on his behalf, but happily disrespect a Dean Glover, Brian Horton etc. And now the club is struggling, he's the answer. It's nonsense.

I would never disrespect either of those two as players but you have to agree that Glover was a poor manager who should never have been given the job. He simply wasn't up to it. That's not disrespect - it's simply my honest opinion of his abilities - brilliant footballer, poor manager.

So, who should advise the club ? Ignoring all your Rudge comments

Archived