onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Rudgie

TheBogieMan

Rudgie told radio Stoke this evening that he would gladly help the club in any way he can, he has recently left Hull City and is available, surely if Norman is looking for a man upstairs, there's no better man than him, go on Norman give him a ring

Sent from my iPad using the onevalefan mobile app

When I started this thread I didn't expect everyone to agree although most do, but what I didn't expect was so much disrespect from a minority few towards the great man himself, I truly believe that if he were to be a part of the club again in any capacity it can only be a good thing and it would genuinely give everyone a lift.

I just hope he doesn't get to read some of the awful comments that have been posted

Advert

Less of the past tense, please. I'm sure you enjoy a great deal of laughter when I say that I thought we played some great football under rudge, but we couldn't fail to. At times he underachieved based on the players at his disposal.

I too have great memories of the 90's. At no point since has the club been in such good shape, with the clout to compete at a decent level. Horton did a good job, and we uncovered some gems during his time.

So you give him no credit for building the teams he had. They were just appeared out of mid air? And so what if he paid money for players. He made more money than he spent by some margin.

And are you saying Horton was a much better manager than rudge? Just to be clear. I say much better because you obviously don't rate rudgie at all.

And if we are looking for help with the application process or a DoF then rudgie would be amazing with the contacts he has. Our reputation in football is damaged. Rudgie has a very good rep. We might be able to attract actual footballers. Rudgie and aspin dream team. I don't care what all you 'no more ex vale legends' posters say. :p

When I started this thread I didn't expect everyone to agree although most do, but what I didn't expect was so much disrespect from a minority few towards the great man himself, I truly believe that if he were to be a part of the club again in any capacity it can only be a good thing and it would genuinely give everyone a lift.

I just hope he doesn't get to read some of the awful comments that have been posted

The minority is Just me by the looks of it. Still I stand by my opinion. And I will remain a passionate Vale fan who wants the best for the club.

So you give him no credit for building the teams he had. They were just appeared out of mid air? And so what if he paid money for players. He made more money than he spent by some margin.

And are you saying Horton was a much better manager than rudge? Just to be clear. I say much better because you obviously don't rate rudgie at all.

He should get credit, yes. But I don't think he was a great manager. I'm sorry, but I just don't.

As for Horton, I liked him as a player, one of the best I've seen, and a decent manager with little in the way of funds.

He should get credit, yes. But I don't think he was a great manager. I'm sorry, but I just don't.

As for Horton, I liked him as a player, one of the best I've seen, and a decent manager with little in the way of funds.

Little in the way of funds? He spent the thick end of a million quid within a few weeks of taking the job!

Dear god no. He's a thousand years old, and towards the end was absolutely dire. In any capacity, he'd be a disaster. He's just left Hull after all, and we know how they got on last season. Let's just get past ex-Vale players and managers, for heaven's sake.

Plus, my experience of the bloke is that he's a complete creep. And he's been stealing a living for far too long in my eyes.

You and Knockabollackov clearly know less about football than the average amoeba. Bog off back to the Bloatcake, or join ******** Anonomous.

To keep us up when rudge was taking us down.

Then took us down the next season despite having those players in his squad. We've never been back since.

Interestingly, when Rudge was sacked we were in the bottom three on goal difference. When the season ended we were out of the bottom three on goal difference - and that cost us a million quid.

Archived