onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Director of football

RichG

This Director of Football is a load of rubbish and typical of Smurthwaite to muddy the water.

What experienced manager of any pedigree wants a DoF sitting in the background ? Only a young untried manager will take any job under any circumstances to get a foot on the ladder.

Why should any experienced manager want a lending hand,it's quite insulting to tell an Ainsworth Coleman or Davies how they should be doing the job.

Why not use the DoF salary and costs and put it towards employing a top class manager ?

The typical anti everything approach-

*fans ask for a CEO and one gets appointed- some

Moan he's a puppet (don't see how one couldn't be)

*Fans ask for a Director of football- some moan about muddying the waters or whether we can afford it when one is offered a job

Anything smurf does is crap according to some. if he appointed ferguson signed Messi and Ronaldo sole would moan the club is losing it identity. Yes smurf has damaged the club but it doesn't mean everything he does is crap. Take a step back and look at the big picture someone who understands the game and the marketplace surely is a positive on a board made of a businessman with no idea, a chairman who brought his position and a CEO who has done a bit in the game. Whilst I question Garlicks judgement I think him and Adams would bring some stability that's needed

Sent from my iPhone using the onevalefan mobile app

Advert

For me it is an experienced manager in total control of football matters or a Director of Football with a young up and coming manager to provide continuity. As long as we have some proven experience somewhere in the camp.

The CEO can concentrate on running the administration side of things and get the club out of this apathy that has descended. All Norman needs to be is the cog to link it all together.

The role of Director of Football can be flexible and unlikely to be full time. So appointed now to help get a new manager, act as an interim manager, sort out the back room then likely to be temporarily full time. Once arrangements are re-established with a new manager it becomes a part time board role. We aren't a big club with a lot of money to spend on transfers and scouting, so everything should be proportionate I think Smurf should get some credit for a sensible approach.

Agreed.

Bring Adams in steady the ship, Yeovil are crap, we can win there followed by a home game against more ex non league rubbish, we re better than these teams, just need the right captain to boost confidence and get the fit and tactics right.......take our time over the new manager but either Ainsworth, Aspin or Ronnie Moore most of the supposed front runner are not worth having thats why they are out of work tbh.....how about Paul Tisdale, Graham Alexander, real low league sucess stories or Cotterill but dont know if he drop this low tbh.

We dont want half of the useless favourites the bookies have installed tbh

Are you Michael Brown?

The typical anti everything approach-

*fans ask for a CEO and one gets appointed- some

Moan he's a puppet (don't see how one couldn't be)

*Fans ask for a Director of football- some moan about muddying the waters or whether we can afford it when one is offered a job

Anything smurf does is crap according to some. if he appointed ferguson signed Messi and Ronaldo sole would moan the club is losing it identity. Yes smurf has damaged the club but it doesn't mean everything he does is crap. Take a step back and look at the big picture someone who understands the game and the marketplace surely is a positive on a board made of a businessman with no idea, a chairman who brought his position and a CEO who has done a bit in the game. Whilst I question Garlicks judgement I think him and Adams would bring some stability that's needed

Over to you then............Lets see if it works.

Not convinced it's needed if I'm honest. Can't think of a single example of where it's worked in the Premier League, let alone L2. And before anyone points to Stoke/Rudgie, are you seriously expecting me to believe that Pulis let him have any influence whatsoever on 1st team matters??? I'd say more like a glorified scout/local ambassador.

Not convinced it's needed if I'm honest. Can't think of a single example of where it's worked in the Premier League, let alone L2. And before anyone points to Stoke/Rudgie, are you seriously expecting me to believe that Pulis let him have any influence whatsoever on 1st team matters??? I'd say more like a glorified scout/local ambassador.

Rudge signed the players.

Why ? - is Micky not coming back here and joining Wycombe instead ?

Bea,s back thought you were in mourning because your pal Michael Brown has been sacked.

Really I can't see Micky Adams able to give much time to Port Vale. He has moved on and his main priority is his own business he has built up.

Norman is again going for the cheap option and will probably keep Chris Morgan and Ned Kelly under Micky Adams.

No decent Manager is going to come if he has to work under Micky Adams as D of F.

We need an experienced Manager like Steve Cotterill and having the opportunity to bring in his own staff and possibly any non contracted players who can improve the team.If the Manager can't bring in his own players how can he improve the team.

Get rid of the sick notes like Lainton,Forrester,Barnett and Montano to free up places for new players.

There must be some kind of insurance policy to pay up these players who aren't able to play because of permanent injuries.

Norman won't pay compensation to take Managers from other clubs.

Bea,s back thought you were in mourning because your pal Michael Brown has been sacked.

Really I can't see Micky Adams able to give much time to Port Vale. He has moved on and his main priority is his own business he has built up.

Norman is again going for the cheap option and will probably keep Chris Morgan and Ned Kelly under Micky Adams.

No decent Manager is going to come if he has to work under Micky Adams as D of F.

We need an experienced Manager like Steve Cotterill and having the opportunity to bring in his own staff and possibly any non contracted players who can improve the team.If the Manager can't bring in his own players how can he improve the team.

Get rid of the sick notes like Lainton,Forrester,Barnett and Montano to free up places for new players.

There must be some kind of insurance policy to pay up these players who aren't able to play because of permanent injuries.

Norman won't pay compensation to take Managers from other clubs.

I haven't been anywhere and posted Sunday, do try to keep up if you are going to comment on things, must be hard when you're postally challenged.

It's a pity you can't get over your obsession with me, and stop trolling - there are dating agancies for people like you - because I actually agree with most of your post - you must have taken some sense pills.

Before we leave Mr Brown though, he isn't my pal (never met) but he was a decent man who tried his best, ultimately it was not good enough but mainly due to the impossibility of being successful under this owner.

You are right about Smurf, Micky Adams and appointing a cheap option. But even mentioning Steve Cotterill is ludicrous - for 2 reasosn, firstly Cotterill would never consider working for Smurf or coming here, even more so under a D of F, and secondly Smurf just would not pay for him.

I'd like Nigel Pearson but the same applies - not a chance of getting him. We won't get Adkins or Ainsworth or Coleman either and if we end up with someone of limited experience like Justin Edinburgh we will be expected to be grateful.

One thing is certain- the best we can hope for under this owner is avoiding another relegation, and the sooner we get normal ownership the better.

Typically, Smuthwaite displays no vision for the future preferring instead to turn to someone rooted in the past. Billionaire, Michael Bloomberg once said,'We will go forward. We will never go back'. Considering his current wealth is estimated at 54.3 billion that advice is good enough for me.

Sent from my iPhone using onevalefan

Archived