onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Norman Smurthwaite interview

Beza

"pre-set agenda"? I've judged him on his record in getting us relegated unnecessarily and now taking us to 92nd place in the Football League.

Am I supposed to think he might be able to turn things around if he has another throw of the dice?

All Smurfs fault? grow up and start being balanced in your opinions. At present your views are hell bent on a Smurf exit! Managers come and go at every single club, the one thing that is 'mainly' ever-present/consultant is club ownership. Be careful what you are wishing for!

Sent from my iPhone using the onevalefan mobile app

Advert

People saying it was the best interview he has done. Quite possibly. Because he actually sounded coherent.

Unfortunately he is no leader. He can't help having a dig every now and then and although he banged on about not wanting to dredge up the past, 90% of that interview was a history lesson. And not a very good one.

I'll give you one example. He went on to say it wasn't him who offered poor contracts to Pages squad, yet just after they all left he took great credit by saying he basically forced the, out so he could change the club.

Yes Norman. It was you. You said it.

There were other things as well. His memory is shocking.

I almost felt a bit sorry for him tonight.

As a football club, under his tenure, we are doomed.

Anyone who thinks otherwise and want to cling to some sort of hope that he sorts it out are in for a huge shock.

All Smurfs fault? grow up and start being balanced in your opinions. At present your views are hell bent on a Smurf exit! Managers come and go at every single club, the one thing that is 'mainly' ever-present/consultant is club ownership. Be careful what you are wishing for!

I love the "be careful what you are wishing for" comment.

I could understand that comment if we were a steady league 1 club. As it stands we are the worst team in English pro football without any leadership whatsoever.

Yeah. It's a bundle of fun with so much positivity for the future!

Me personally I'm undecided about norm , what I got from that interview was that he is truly sorry for messing **** up but wants to put it right .

He said some stupid stuff too though like he's got no one in mind , and that he didn't really have a plan to go out and get the best man for the job

Sent from my iPhone using onevalefan

He was never going to say anything different was he?

At the end of the day, he'd taken a back seat to this point. Those types of questions should really be answered by Garlick and Fradley.... Fradley by the way seems to have fallen off planet earth!!!???

I welcome Smurf being back on the scene, because 1 thing is assured, he ain't afraid of making decisions.

I agree. Norman Smurthwaite isn't going anywhere so we might as well back him or just stop supporting the Vale.

I can't stop supporting Port Vale so I support Norman too.

Precisely, there is absolutely nothing else that us mere mortals can do. Short of winning big on the Euros

At the end of the day, he'd taken a back seat to this point. Those types of questions should really be answered by Garlick and Fradley.... Fradley by the way seems to have fallen off planet earth!!!???

I welcome Smurf being back on the scene, because 1 thing is assured, he ain't afraid of making decisions.

He makes decisions but they are mostly very poor ones.

Sent from my Moto G (5) using the onevalefan mobile app

I love the "be careful what you are wishing for" comment.

I could understand that comment if we were a steady league 1 club. As it stands we are the worst team in English pro football without any leadership whatsoever.

Yeah. It's a bundle of fun with so much positivity for the future!

Who appointed Brown? That's all I'm saying.

Smurf doesn't manage the team does he.... I understand where you are coming from, but come on, it's not the 'owners' fault as to why we find ourselves 92nd in the league pyramid is it.

People saying it was the best interview he has done. Quite possibly. Because he actually sounded coherent.

Unfortunately he is no leader. He can't help having a dig every now and then and although he banged on about not wanting to dredge up the past, 90% of that interview was a history lesson. And not a very good one.

I'll give you one example. He went on to say it wasn't him who offered poor contracts to Pages squad, yet just after they all left he took great credit by saying he basically forced the, out so he could change the club.

Yes Norman. It was you. You said it.

There were other things as well. His memory is shocking.

I almost felt a bit sorry for him tonight.

As a football club, under his tenure, we are doomed.

Anyone who thinks otherwise and want to cling to some sort of hope that he sorts it out are in for a huge shock.

He also blamed Synectics for keeping Page after the defeat at Exeter in December 2015. Yet he has previously told me in an email that it was the American consortium that wanted to keep Page. Synectics did not approach the club until Feb/March 2016. He also said Synectics were using borrowed money to buy the club - not true and a dangerous thing to say which could damage the company's reputation. I really do wish he would think and consider what he is going to say before he says it.

He also blamed Synectics for keeping Page after the defeat at Exeter in December 2015. Yet he has previously told me in an email that it was the American consortium that wanted to keep Page. Synectics did not approach the club until Feb/March 2016. He also said Synectics were using borrowed money to buy the club - not true and a dangerous thing to say which could damage the company's reputation. I really do wish he would think and consider what he is going to say before he says it.

Sadly, some still believe what comes out of his mouth.

he must have a shortlist in his head though , he could of just said we have a few people in mind we will assess who applies and if they don't stand out then we will look at managers who fit the bill in work and out of work .. all I got from that bit is we will see who comes in for the job , not we will go out and get what we need

Archived