onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Norman Smurthwaite interview

Beza

Advert

He's then said the fans should not worry about him putting the club into administration.

So why does he keep bringing up how he could have easily liquidated us when he first took over? Every time a decent question is asked (tbf to Blakeman he's better tonight) he basically says "I could have ended you".

So why does he keep bringing up how he could have easily liquidated us when he first took over? Every time a decent question is asked (tbf to Blakeman he's better tonight) he basically says "I could have ended you".

Seems strange to have kept mentioning it if ultimately he then says he has no intention of doing it.

On again, making more veiled threats about letting the club fold when in anyway criticised by a fan.

No he didn't. He was talking about 2013. He actually said he will not put the club into administration.

Basically admits that he'll keep the Hugill money.

"It'll first go into the club, I'll then decide what to do with it".

Yeah I wonder too Norm. They've got a sale on down bargain booze.

No he didn't admit anything of the sort. It will go back into the club and then he'll decide what to do with it. As with all funds into any business owned by anyone.

Why do you feel the need to invent this rubbish when the case against Norman is so strong anyway?

I can't believe that we get rid of a manager and have no idea of who we are looking at or what we need. This should have been thought about beforehand. It beggars belief that he then says someone's coming in to assess the squad. Who? And why if that person isn't going to be manager of the club?

What an absolute shambles of an interview, a nice reminder the blokes as arrogant as ever.

Hope you all appreciate Norm not seeing us worthy of knowing who the disciplinarian is; we wouldn't know who the new cleaners are, after all.

Remember, he could have let us implode.

UTV.

You were making stuff up. I've not defending Smurfs actions, just that he didn't say what you have posted.

Why do you feel the need to make stuff up about him?

Not making anything up. He will keep the Hugill money. He made a pertinent reminder that he could have ended us when he took over.

He isn't even going to tell us who this disciplinarian he's brought in is hahahahahahahah

The bloke has that much contempt for the fans he compares this move to appointing some new cleaners. We don't need to know. We're beneath such knowledge.

He's now arguing with a fan, live on radio, mocking a 'crystal ball'.

Regal Beagle rides in - "no, thats not what he said. Norm's words mean exactly what he says, he has no history of lying."

Wow it's not like you to make stuff up to suit your argument :laugh:

Unfortunately most people now dislike (being polite) Norman to the point of no return but he has made it clear that he isn't going anywhere and has also (reluctantly) admitted that mistakes were made appointing Bruno and Brown. Perhaps now is the right time to stop antagonising him any more, cut him a bit of slack and hope that he and Colin Garlick make the right appointment. Although I find it very difficult to believe much (if anything) of what he says, I found the last bit of his interview (missed the beginning) very interesting and just hope that he is hurting as much as we fans are. A lot of the things he said such as the crystal ball comment shouldn't have been said but had Brown turned out to be the right man (remember John Rudge was inexperienced when he was offered the job in similar circumstances and around the same time of year as Michael Brown), then would Smurthwaite be liked anymore. I have good reason to dislike the man but just hope that he does what he said and funds the rest of the club's latest mistakes and does not increase his Director's loan plus appoints the right man in the job. Upset him more at your peril!

On again, making more veiled threats about letting the club fold when in anyway criticised by a fan.

I am no Norman fan but he didn't say that,he was going back to when he was going do it years ago,tonight he said that will never happen....talk about hearing what you want to hear,oh and he didn't basically say he would keep the Hugill money either.

As i say i am no smurf fan but lets be fair as well

Archived