onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Norman Smurthwaite interview

Beza

Advert

Does any of this bickering about dates and emails and what was said even matter now? Will any of it actually help us moving forward? Can't everyone including Smurf just leave it alone and look forward? It's getting tiresome and cringe worthy from both sides!

It matters if he's been on the radio tonight either providing mistaken information or lies regarding the sale of the club, which some fans are very keen to see.

I just want a chairman who I can listen to and think "I believe him". Either through a poor memory or a deliberate effort to deceive loyal Vale fans, I get further away from that ideal by the interview.

How do I/we know. All I can see is that he shouldn't be sending anything to anyone on here unless that are an employee of the club or an investor.

Sent from my iPhone using the onevalefan mobile app

Why would a chairman of a football send information relating to employees salaries and a potential investment to a group of fans? You agree that is a very unwise thing to do?

I would love him to be successful that would be great for Port Vale football club and the whole area itself.

Yes he has admitted some of his mistakes, and made an apology.But Ive not heard or seen anything that is remotely close that there is any shed of light at the end of this long dark tunnel.Nothing to convince me that there is a future for Port Vale?

That's because these mistakes were only a year ago , some things take time to put right , but we're not gonna put it right if were not all pulling in the same direction

Listen , I'm not a smurf lover or hater , but I do love my football club and I just want us all to get along and not have to hear people every day slagging off the old guy.

He's took risks , they've failed , he's said some ill advised things , so have I in the heat of the moment , he probably regrets it after , I'm regretting getting involved right now

Does any of this bickering about dates and emails and what was said even matter now? Will any of it actually help us moving forward? Can't everyone including Smurf just leave it alone and look forward? It's getting tiresome and cringe worthy from both sides!

Correct we are 92nd in the league and all of us need to be pushing in one direction at present what ever our thoughts.

You beat me to it SV but all this going round in circles, he daid, she said etc is getting Vale nowhere and it's being going on for far to long, it's history, look forward not backwards.

The important point now is getting Vale out of this mess and up the Lge 2 table, relegation from Lge 2 doesn't bare thinking about.

Smurf be true to your word on RS tonight and make sure Vale don't get relegated this season by providing the funds (not in loans) to make the difference and make this happen as you promised.

That's because these mistakes were only a year ago , some things take time to put right , but we're not gonna put it right if were not all pulling in the same direction

Listen , I'm not a smurf lover or hater , but I do love my football club and I just want us all to get along and not have to hear people every day slagging off the old guy.

He's took risks , they've failed , he's said some ill advised things , so have I in the heat of the moment , he probably regrets it after , I'm regretting getting involved right now

So what convinces you that there is a bright future ahead for PVFC?

Correct. There's nothing to be gained by lambasting Norman Smurthwaite. I just hope he follows up on what hes said and rights his wrongs now.

Why would a chairman of a football send information relating to employees salaries and a potential investment to a group of fans? You agree that is a very unwise thing to do?

Due to some of the content of the pdf made it impossible to open l guess down to my limited knowledge of technology

I checked with the sender and their Legal team could l share the info with a email chain that had been set up and they agreed l or them did not know the admin clerk who resent them with less pictures actually included any confidential info

Some think it was his best interview yet? For me he was just the same bumbling, contradicting, patronising idiot that he always is.

A few points that made me laugh/cringe/cry:

Doesn't know when he wants to appoint a new manager by.

Doesn't know if it will be him or Garlick having the final say.

Doesn't want to say how much he wants for the club.

Paid more for Bruno than MA (lol)

Has never spoke to Nigel Adkins but knows he wants a job in the Championship.

Can't remember getting on the bus at Exeter.

Blamed offering the peanuts contracts on others.

Thought JFH was still playing football.

Thought Abbey Hulton was a pub.

Patronised the last caller with a "Or wherever you hang out" jibe.

But yea, best interview yet.

Listened to the full interview.

I am more worried now then ever. We all knew before the interview he is an idiot and what to expect. The worst for me was he's clear contempt towards the fans who called in & he disagreed with - making very subliminal derogatory comments such as 'wherever you drink' and asked if an area (can't remember where) was a pub.. Pointing out his stereotype of Vale fans as a load of lager louts & a reason appointting hasselbank was not right... What a load of rubbish.

The part that worries me is he has no plan in place.

He's given away the fact without management in place with Morgan it makes appointment more difficult and therefore gives them a bartering advantage if needs be. How he became rich I don't know. Beginning to think he won the lottery.

Finally, he genuinely believes we will not go down. Why? We are in free-fall, an absolute shambles on and off the pitch with no manager in place and hardly any money sith everything being done on the cheap - why wouldn't we go down? Because we are PVFC never been in the conference and can pull crowds of 3,000 he thinks it will never happen.. And that's the reason it most probably will!

Norman,

I'm flattered that you blame me for scuppering an entire takeover but you and me both know that this isn't the case.

The Norwegians weren't a credible proposition. Doha outlined exactly why this was several months ago so no need to go over that again. However, the long and the short of it is that their plan was very similar to the Plan A that the club was already in the process of dismantling in Spring. Their business model revolved around buying young foreign players and looking for investors for their hedge fund who would then profit from players' economic rights. They were also only interested in buying a League One club so relegation would have been the main deal breaker.

You sent me a PM asking me for my email address despite not knowing me from Adam and then sent me a load of the Norwegian proposal stuff asking me for my opinion. The level of detail surprised me. At the time I presumed I could have been the indirect leak to the press, but the longer things have gone on I doubt that, given the number of times you say you've been hacked, and also that there is at least one other forum user on OVF who has remote access to your personal inbox.

You beat me to it SV but all this going round in circles, he daid, she said etc is getting Vale nowhere and it's being going on for far to long, it's history, look forward not backwards.

The important point now is getting Vale out of this mess and up the Lge 2 table, relegation from Lge 2 doesn't bare thinking about.

Smurf be true to your word on RS tonight and make sure Vale don't get relegated this season by providing the funds (not in loans) to make the difference and make this happen as you promised.

The last paragraph l pledge and agree its best not trying to defend anything of the past and try and stablelise the future

And with that l sign off

So what convinces you that that there is a bright future ahead for PVFC?

I guess it's because we have an owner determined to make up for past mistakes , maybe it is blind faith, but I'd rather be positive than negative , there's no point going around in circles and going over the same old **** , nothing will change , the next chairman that comes in will also get this **** . 34 years and nothing's changed yet

Due to some of the content of the pdf made it impossible to open l guess down to my limited knowledge of technology

I checked with the sender and their Legal team could l share the info with a email chain that had been set up and they agreed l or them did not know the admin clerk who resent them with less pictures actually included any confidential info

Was this at a time when you insisted on doing everything yourself?

Archived