onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Norman Smurthwaite interview

Beza

You change your story so often in interviews you probably can't remember which version is the truth.

This is OUR club that you are ruining, not yours. Do you realise how lightly you have been treated by the fans so far ?

No protests, no campaigns - general apathy due to your mismanagement. Yet you still choose to hide away from home games rather than facing the music.

Get out of our club whilst there is still one there.

Advert

Hi

1 He was their Agent 1st time round

2 He needs to confirm with other parties before going public

3Thats what Kevin and his daughter told me before l pulled the plug in l think March 16

I need to remove all distractions this Season then try to go foward

1. Why even engage with them, and talk to us as if they were credible investors, considering the involvement he had in last years shambles that currently sees us in League 2? I wouldn't even talk to conmen like that.

2. Fair enough.

3. Fair enough if true.

Unfortunately, Mr Smurthwaite, many fans, including me, have reached a point of no return with you. I appreciate all you did for the club when you took over, but honestly in my view its best to sell up now and give us a fresh start. I understand you want to set things right but to me the best thing you can do is hold your hands up, accept defeat, and move on. We both know it is very, very unlikely you will get the £3m you said you were owed, plus the original £1.25m. I'd hold you on far higher esteem than I currently do if you sold tonight. You're honestly and truthfully ruining my love for Port Vale.

Thank you for taking questions on the radio and on here tonight. I do ask that you consider my comments regarding your ownership.

Hi

1 He was their Agent 1st time round

2 He needs to confirm with other parties before going public

3Thats what Kevin and his daughter told me before l pulled the plug in l think March 16

I need to remove all distractions this Season then try to go foward

Is it not the case that Paul Wildes used borrowed money to buy the club?

What about when Blakeman asked someone's question about how much he wants for the club.

"I'm not answering anymore questions on this matter"

And you were asked on Saturday and other times and can never give a price.

And why Norman? Because what you want for the club is scandalous. 5 million plus.

You're holding a great club to ransom and you think you can sort it out. You can't. You're the worst football club owner in the league. A joke of a man.

Sometimes I hope you do just put us out of existence so I didn't care anymore.

Vile man.

This is all in the past now , we're dragging up old **** and to be honest it's tiring to read , were about to start a new chapter and quite frankly the only way is up ,

I for 1 will give Norman a chance to fix the mistakes he has made , I felt a pain in his voice lately that only a fan would have . Let's stop arguing and bringing up past issues that are no longer issues ... the club is no longer for sale , and rob page , Bruno riberio , and Micheal brown are no longer our managers

Sent from my iPhone using onevalefan

This is all in the past now , we're dragging up old **** and to be honest it's tiring to read , were about to start a new chapter and quite frankly the only way is up ,

I for 1 will give Norman a chance to fix the mistakes he has made , I felt a pain in his voice lately that only a fan would have . Let's stop arguing and bringing up past issues that are no longer issues ... the club is no longer for sale , and rob page , Bruno riberio , and Micheal brown are no longer our managers

Its not a new chapter though, is it? I want to give Smurf an opportunity but he's done too much. The only new chapter I want to read is one beginning "Norman Smurthwaite sells Port Vale". Until then, its still the main chapter of a very depressing and demoralising book.

But Norman, you told me it was the American's that didn't want Page sacked, that they asked you to put the club up for sale officially. You said you wouldn't do it until the club had gone out of the FA Cup. You also told me that the Americans wanted you to stay on for 18 months at that time but you didn't want to do it??? So why did you say it was Synectics on the radio tonight?

You have 2 different buyers mixed up

The Boston group needed the For Sale announcement they were at The Moat House when l formally met the Grop ie Kevin and Carol and agreed that day price terms and exclusivity

Carol wanted to keep Rob and actually introduced herself to Rob as the buyer after the Southend game

I killed the deal after Kevin and his daughter confirming they needed to make approach to their Bank

I then flew out to meet the Boston main investors to try and get the deal resurected returning the morning of the Peterborough game

One of their conditions was l stay until June 17

They then reappeared again in Dec 16 just after the Sent article re Norweigens

Every "chance" he's had, he has failed with.

He's like a cat with 9 lives.

Sadly with every life he breaks another bone.

More fool people like you who trust this guy and give him "another chance".

The only way is up because being 92nd of 92 clubs we can't go any lower.

There is no new chapter until Norman is gone.

Its not a new chapter though, is it? I want to give Smurf an opportunity but he's done too much. The only new chapter I want to read is one beginning "Norman Smurthwaite sells Port Vale". Until then, its still the main chapter of a very depressing and demoralising book.

He's admitted he's made mistakes , and apologised , what more can the man do ,

he wants to be successful he wants to be In charge of a successful club , I don't believe for 1 second any of those mistakes were intentional just bad decisions .

I admit I don't know the ins and outs of every business decision and arrangement , but who does? We can go on forever about this but nothing's gonna change .

Sent from my iPhone using the onevalefan mobile app

Considering how much confusion he cause's, how often he contradicts himself.Can you see any light at the end of the tunnel yet?

What have your heard that gives you confidence about this new chapter?

Archived