onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Norman Smurthwaite interview

Beza

He also blamed Synectics for keeping Page after the defeat at Exeter in December 2015. Yet he has previously told me in an email that it was the American consortium that wanted to keep Page. Synectics did not approach the club until Feb/March 2016. He also said Synectics were using borrowed money to buy the club - not true and a dangerous thing to say which could damage the company's reputation. I really do wish he would think and consider what he is going to say before he says it.

Jean with all respect this is the problem with hearsay and speculation

The agreement was signed on the 21st December 2015

Advert

There are buyers. There isn't a seller.

Sadly there is nothing that we can do then. Creating more conflict will just harm and destabilise the club further in this current situation. We need to find some faith in Smurf, hope that his advisors will lead to him making the right appointment, which will then turn results around. Hopefully then once things have stabilised and the club has got back up to L1 then maybe Smurf may sell. Believe me though I want Smurf to sell ultimately and this situation is really hurting me, I just believe that short terms stability and leadership is the answer.

One thing we cannot do when the club is rooted to the foot of the league like this is destabilise it. If you look at all of the "big" clubs like Tranmere that have gone out there is usually some form of chaos within the club. We are dissatisfied at the moment but we aren't quite at that point. If things destabilised off the pitch now i.e. Smurf walking completely we would just tumble out of the league ala Darlington 2010.

I don't know why you feel the need to defend yourself on here. Can't you just concentrate on getting our club off the bottom of the league? Your interactions with fans rarely end well. What is there to gain?

I wanted to hear him say he was selling the club and never coming back. I didn't hear that.

Edit: Bugger. Wrex got there first.

Well as you chose to forward the email l sent to you re Norweigens to a select few who one of them sent it to the Sent indirectly you are one of the reasons l am still here

Good evening Norman.

1. Were 'the Norwegians' linked in any way to Saide Moussallati, to your knowledge?

2. What is with the secrecy over Mr. Interim Disciplinarian?

3. Are you 100% confident Synectics were relying on borrowed money to buy the club?

4. What happens if, 3 years down the line, we're nowhere near getting back our League 1 status you've deprived us of? Will you steadfastly stick to the "no sale until League 1" philosophy?

Thanks for your time.

Who appointed Brown? That's all I'm saying.

Smurf doesn't manage the team does he.... I understand where you are coming from, but come on, it's not the 'owners' fault as to why we find ourselves 92nd in the league pyramid is it.

Sent from my iPhone using the onevalefan mobile app

Yes it is.

And I will tell you why.

16 months ago, it was Norman Smurthwaite who hounded Rob Page out of the club. Now, don't get me wrong, I could have taken or left Page. I wasn't overly disappointed but nevertheless it was Norman's doing.

15 months ago, it was Norman Smurthwaite who chose to radically gamble with the way the football club operates by playing Russian Roulette with its very existence.

It was Norman Smurthwaite who employed Bruno and sanctioned a large squad, mainly foreigners, on two and three year contracts.

It was Norman Smurthwaite who stated we had a plan b.

9 months ago, it was Norman Smurthwaite who chose to sack Bruno and put into place "plan b". What was that exactly? What was his "plan b" he PROMISED supporters he had? I'm still waiting to know.

It was Norman Smurthwaite NOT Colin Garlick who gave Michael Brown the caretaker reigns.

It was Norman Smurthwaite who chose to not employ a full time manager.

It was Norman Smurthwaite who wouldn't let concerned fans know how long Browny had the job for.

It was Norman Smurthwaite, regardless of what he said tonight (he handed over the reigns to Colin after Christmas) who was still running the club and had the power to sort it out. He chose not to.

It was Norman Smurthwaite, who, after a few half arsed protests decided after Fleetwood, to hand the reigns to Colin Garlick.

Now, if I was the owner of a club and I didn't want a caretaker manager to become full time manager (like he said tonight) I wouldn't let it happen. Yet it was Norman Smurthwaite who sat back and let Michael Brown become full time manager.

When asked about the chairmanship of the club tonight, it was Norman Smurthwaite who said Fradley has it until the end of the season as "every club needs a face"

It was Norman Smurthwaite who has put Tony Fradley has the face of Port Vale. A man who represents our club. A man who looks like he's been dragged out of the nearest skip and is more cringeworthy than Boris Johnson on his worst day. Altogether now upthevale4EVA!

And after ALL of that, it is Norman Smurthwaite who has come out of his self imposed 4 month exile to try and sort out the mess that he alone created and decided upon.

You can make it out how you want but these are the facts.

Look, we are stuck with him. I know that. But please don't ask supporters like myself to be hopeful for the future.

I'm not naive or stupid.

I can see where we heading and the one man who is taking us there.

More fool those who want to cling on.

I just want him gone and gone soon but realistically I know it won't happen.

Sad times.

I didn't get all the interview.During tonights interview did he say anything about Browns (player) contract?

Still registered as a player till the end of the season; obviously won't be expected to turn up for training. Imagines some form of financial compromise will be reached that will see the end of his registration.

Yes. He said Brown is still registered but we'd release him rather than expect him to turn up for training.

Thanks for that.

Im sure on Saturday that he said he made sure Brown was relieved of his player contract.(Maybe the fax machine has broke again :wink: ) What is the point of keeping him registered as a player?

All Smurfs fault? grow up and start being balanced in your opinions. At present your views are hell bent on a Smurf exit! Managers come and go at every single club, the one thing that is 'mainly' ever-present/consultant is club ownership. Be careful what you are wishing for!

You grow up. Wise up for a start.

My opinions are balanced. I've weighed everything up and I've come to my conclusion. NS has presided over a staggering decline in this football club. The buck well and truly stops with him. I don't want to see us fall any further. So yes, I want him to sell and leave, I am hell bent on a Smurf exit and with very good reason.

I posted a couple of weeks ago that he was planning a white knight scenario yet people are falling for it hook line and sinker. As though they have some sort of Stockholm syndrome affinity with him. It's all very convenient that it comes out now that he didn't want Brown to be manager, as though there was nothing he could have done about it at the time. I'm not buying this half-arsed ****e.

Balls to him.

But Norman, you told me it was the American's that didn't want Page sacked, that they asked you to put the club up for sale officially. You said you wouldn't do it until the club had gone out of the FA Cup. You also told me that the Americans wanted you to stay on for 18 months at that time but you didn't want to do it??? So why did you say it was Synectics on the radio tonight?

Well as you chose to forward the email l sent to you re Norweigens to a select few who one of them sent it to the Sent indirectly you are one of the reasons l am still here

Why are you sending confidential emails to supporters in the first place?

It's not his fault you're still here. It's your agendas reason.

Sad man.

Good evening Norman.

1. Were 'the Norwegians' linked in any way to Saide Moussallati, to your knowledge?

2. What is with the secrecy over Mr. Interim Disciplinarian?

3. Are you 100% confident Synectics were relying on borrowed money to buy the club?

4. What happens if, 3 years down the line, we're nowhere near getting back our League 1 status you've deprived us of? Will you steadfastly stick to the "no sale until League 1" philosophy?

Thanks for your time.

Hi

1 He was their Agent 1st time round

2 He needs to confirm with other parties before going public

3Thats what Kevin and his daughter told me before l pulled the plug in l think March 16

I need to remove all distractions this Season then try to go foward

Archived